Cannot set TF2 to English? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capp

Banned
Hello everyone!
So i have a weird problem, i currently have TF2 on German language and i didn't mind it; but after ViiPeR needet help with his Voice Chat it was pretty annoying that his game is on English and mine on German so it was hard to help him navigating through the Settings, so i wanted to set it on English too in the properties in Steam, but after i did that it still was on German and it just won't work. I tried other languages too, but they didn't work either. I hope you guys can help me to fix that weird problem.

I think you need to set your steam language to english too

Welp, haven't thought about that but it worked. Why do you need Steam to be on English? Doesn't make sense for me ._. Thank you!

because the localization checks the steam client first, I am pretty sure you can make it so steam is in a different language while TF2 is in English. I haven't tested it myself, but you can try it out.

Go to your Steam Library, right click on Team Fortress 2 and press Properties. Press the Set Launch Options button and insert the following command line:
-language english

this "should" force the game to be set in English while steam could be whatever. (It works on CS:GO so why shouldn't it work on TF2)

because the localization checks the steam client first, I am pretty sure you can make it so steam is in a different language while TF2 is in English. I haven't tested it myself, but you can try it out.

Go to your Steam Library, right click on Team Fortress 2 and press Properties. Press the Set Launch Options button and insert the following command line:
-language english

this "should" force the game to be set in English while steam could be whatever. (It works on CS:GO so why shouldn't it work on TF2)
Nope, didn't work.

It did no updates or so. Well i don't really care anymore aslong TF2 is on english.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread