Bhop plugin. (1 Viewer)

Sky

'Allo there.
Honest apologies if this was asked before, didn't really look into the archives.

The rules say that we aren't allowed to skip traps with bhop. Can I ask what is the point of having the plugin then? What else can you do with bhop on a deathrun server?
Oh and, before someone comes up with that, gmod deathrun is a different case, nobody gives one single fuck about you skipping traps or not.

Arigatou.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc Piss
I think it's just a fun little plugin which makes panda servers different from the others.

• Agree
Reactions: Kevin
Not really fun if you can't do anything with it other than randomly jump around in circles, really.
It's frikkin meant for trapskipping, yet that's against the rules, so I really do not see the point of having it at all. But it might be just me.
You should really have fun slaying all those abusers, though.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc Piss
We're currently in discussion about bhop between the deathrun admin group again after things have not been the best after or nerfing of speed or updating certain maps.

You see, bhop is a way to go THROUGH the trap faster rather than jump above it entirely. Also as Sup said, for fun. It makes us stand out. After complaints about it being unfair to death/blue a rule was put in the rules. But then everyone either follows it or complains when they get punished for it.

The owner thought decreasing the speed might work, but it didn't. The speed is what really put it there in the first place...well, that's debatable ;)

We've also had offers for map updates which didn't really work out. It improved certain part, but didn't fix the issue. We have map editors to stop the skipping but their work is purely volunteering work and I don't want to start forcing people to help with something they don't want to help with.

Reactions: Sky
DR admins are currently discussing this problem

Most of the guys are just faster going through the bigger traps and jumping over the smaller ones, and when blu finally gets him after like 5 failed attempts (aka 5 actived traps just for that 1 guy), the next guy comes.
Decreasing the speed is pointless, people will find a way into tricking blu, regardless of speed as long as it's higher than their average speed. Also, a huge percentage of the activators have shitty reflex. Yeah, good luck on not ragequitting.
Also, "map editors to stop the skipping", again, then what's the point of having the plugin? :'D

Most of the guys are just faster going through the bigger traps and jumping over the smaller ones, and when blu finally gets him after like 5 failed attempts (aka 5 actived traps just for that 1 guy), the next guy comes.
Decreasing the speed is pointless, people will find a way into tricking blu, regardless of speed as long as it's higher than their average speed. Also, a huge percentage of the activators have shitty reflex. Yeah, good luck on not ragequitting.
Also, "map editors to stop the skipping", again, then what's the point of having the plugin? :'D

Sounds like the trap activator can't take the heat :p If he has to activate 5 traps trying to catch one his is not fast enough. Most of the traps most like he bhop'd through he didn't actually skip over it. He used bhop smarty, it's what it's best for. Being fast, making the blue panic. Now that the speed got nerf'd not so much now. And if he rage quits, more join. It's not like that server is struggling for players.
I don't want it removed because I use it to my advantage without breaking the rules.(And I'm sure others can agree it's not just me) We're preventing people who take it to the leave of rule breaking. If we nerf the jump height, turn fall damage on bhop or anything it'll slowly stop the major issues on castle Steve and wintervalley. Including any others as well.

Anyways! This is being discussed all ready :p I'm rambling on. Expect some change soon to the plugin. The plugin isn't useless if we nerf it. In some particular cases bhop is needed to get past the 'bhop traps' such as in cocanium and super mario.

Users who are viewing this thread