Accepted Ban for Duplicate Account? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bird/Giant Dad

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:189874763&advType=steamid

Name of your Banned Steam Account: A Bird [Also go by Giant Dad]

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:189874763

Date and Time of the Ban: 2020-07-08 23:34:44

Reason about the Ban:Duplicate Account?

Admin that Banned you: Console/Source Sleuth

Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute / teamban:

I'm not actually sure why i was banned in the first place. It said I was using a duplicate account for an account already permanently banned, and got hit with the auto-hammer. If it helps anything, I live in Tennessee. I hope this can get sorted out, as I only have one account, and am thinking someone probably spoofed either my IP or an IP similar. It's probably one of the cheaters that comes on daily (nightly actually) to mess with the server, and before i was banned, i was always on at the same time that the usual cheater is on.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Scared
Reactions: Tolfx
It might be useful to show the player the admin may/may not, have been confused by. That way they can distinguish you from the other account.

• Dislike
Reactions: Jose Stalino
It might be useful to show the player the admin may/may not, have been confused by. That way they can distinguish you from the other account.
T'was an auto-ban upon joining the server. Didn't even see an admin, just a screen saying "Sorry, you got banned because your IP matched a cheaters.

Unbanned.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
If you've been using a VPN to play I strongly suggest not using it anymore.
If you have any siblings that play tf2 you might want to check out what they're doing from time to time.

I also noticed a lot of repetitive sapping in a very short amount of time in your action logs, please be aware that farming HLStats score is not allowed and if that's what you were doing it might have consequences at some point in the future if you continue.

Have a nice weekend. :)

Reactions: Kazzy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread