Invalid Arach's Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arach

- Your name and/or nickname: My name is Louis, and my steamname is usually Arach

- Your age: 15, soon to be 16.

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional):
STEAM_0:1:60491538

- Your general online times and your timezone:
I'm usually around all 12 hours of the day, it depends though. My timezone is GMT +1

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
Dodgeball 2

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins):
Yes, usually not using it, since the logitech i have crashes my computer. (I have updated the drivers, if you're gonna ask).

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator:
Been administrator for several steam groups, right now it's TF2 Flaming Raffles/HeavenFR, Bravio and The Most Legendary group. I havent had any experience as a staff member on a tf2 server before, so this might be the chance?

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?:
Been playing around with it on my private server. I know the basics. I've been told how the panda bot system works (!handle and the steambot)

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?:
Personally i find this a very interesting job, and i would really like to "try" that (For a long time hopefully). I am quick at responding, usually available 12 hours every day, and will do my best at helping people. I will always try to talk to the player in subject before punishing him/her. Also, before punishing anyone, i will explain how they violated the rules, and i will remember to listen to their opinion. I will never forget that the environment i'm interacting with is real humans in the world, so i will behave like they were real humans.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.:
I would be careful when punishing anyone. Anyone showing disrespect towards other players or me, will be punished by a short gag. I don't like the thought of them regretting their mistakes afterwards, and then they won't be able to do anything about it. I would only ban if a rule had been broken several times, or if someone wasnt on the server to play. I am okay with "cocky" comments, as long as the player in subject doesnt insult anyone, i think it should be okay not to mute them.

Happy to use panda-community.com on a daily basis.

- Arach

• Agree
Reactions: Deep
Though, it seems that i have played here before (2014), so i am not without experience. Also, i wrote a very very big edit, but it got denied because of the timelimit thing. Couldnt copy it, so i lost it :/.

Orbiting for too long
I would freeze/unfreeze the user to make him take action. A warning would follow.

Stealing rockets
I would just slay the user, and leave a warning in the chat.

Griefing (Teamkilling, exploiting and such)
To me, griefing is the same as not being on the server to play the game.

Teamkilling: A warning followed by a kick. Ignoring the warning would let me to believe that the user didnt come here to play, but to obstruct the fun. A ban of 30 minutes would follow.

Exploiting: A warning followed by a 2 hour ban seems fair to me. Before taking action, i would ask the player what he was doing, to make sure it wasnt a mistake.

Cheating (Hacking, avoiding punishments etc.)
It's not fun to play against hackers.

Hacking: 24 hour ban. If i would see the player hack again, i would get in touch with my supervisor, and ask him about the punishment.

Avoiding punishment: Again, i would contact my supervisor. In the meantime, the user will be banned for 24 hours.

Abusing communication system
Muting seems to have worked the best. I would warn the user and put on a 30 minute gag. I wouldnt make their mute last longer, unless i know they will be abusing the chat later.

Misusing !call
I know it takes the admins time, when people abuses the !call. I would leave the user with a 2 hour ban and a warning, for wasting time and rescources.

Might add more (Copied this time!)

I remember you being kind of toxic on #4 Dodgeball1 but it wasn't that like 'important', I guess it was just you trying to argue while being annoyed of something. Even with the on edited policies it looks shortish. On top of that, many punishments are not well made at all. E.g. Hacking is a perma ban after you recorded a demo of it as evidence.
I don't think, that this is enough.. Anyways, good luck.
Deep

• Winner
Reactions: Madact and Deep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread