Accepted Application for USA Dodgeball (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiroe

Donator
- Your name and/or nickname
Robert -- Also known as Oberyn Martell or just Oberyn

- Your age
26 (Oct 19, 1989)

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)
N/A

- Your Steam2 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)
STEAM_0:1:120595552

- Your general online times and your timezone
10:00 to 20:00 GMT-7 (Mountain Time)

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
USA Dodgeball and yes absolutely if there was a need for an administrator elsewhere.

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)
I do and I use it when I can, kinda hard to orbit in Dodgeball when your PTT key is V.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
I've been an administrator, owner, and a moderator prior on several games but none for TF2 but the SM admin system I have knowledge in from CSS and CSGO

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
I do yes, used it in CSS and CSGO

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I'm highly active and I don't see a lot of administrators on during the early morning when I'm around on USA Dodgeball when it's usually dead. I'd like to help out the community other than just recording players and reporting them on the forums or annoying the current administrators who are usually busy with school or other activities that interest them. I enjoy the servers greatly and all of the administrators and the community are fun to be around when all of the rules are followed so why not volunteer to help. :)

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.
Starting off I'd make sure those who are rule breaking (rocket stealing or the likes) are reminded of the rules and if they'd continue I'd slay them with another warning. Continuance rule breaking of the same offence would usually equal up to temporary removal and evidence provided prior to the action. If I was confused on what the proper action would be to do for those who are seen as continual repeat offenders I'd seek guidance from a senior administrator to help base the decision after obtaining any previous evidence presented prior.

Edited for additional information at request of @Dio Brando :
For other administrative actions it depends solely upon the punishment befitting the crime. Gagging should only be done, say an hour or two (really no need in my mind to issue a very long gag unless they are truly unruly), for those who are just being obscene and vulgar to others or in use of excessive profanities as we all should enjoy the game and not insult others. Racism should be dealt with swiftly in my mind as it's just terrible to base an insult on someone's ethnicity, possible start a textual warning then go with a few hours gag/mute and slowly work up if they persist.
Body blocking usually starts with a warning then a slay and works it's way up just like stealing does but for bans I'd say off of 3 times it'd should be maybe 120 to 180 minute temporary ban and work it's way up to a day if it's just constantly repetitive.

As for the claim of me stealing let me elaborate on this for further clarification; Not once have I stole intentionally or attempted to steal. I've warned others to not do it so it would be rather hypocritical of me to do opposite of what I tell others. I may have stolen once or twice off of reflex but never once intentional; I've been accused of it by others due to me recording people and reporting them on the forums, which you have dealt with those reports prior Dio, so naturally there will be rumors. If there is evidence contrary to that statement and I've offended someone or broke a rule intentionally where it's made the game unfair or not fun for someone then I'd gladly accept the punishment befitting of the crime as it's only fair to them and many others who have been slain or banned for breaking the rules. If you need any further clarification to this or other questions for me please let me know and I'll be glad to edit this post again prefixed with additional information via an "Edit for xxx reasonxxx" for you.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: DrunkDoc
Nice application, chat log looks good, sessions OK. Our USA admins can probably tell us what their experience is playing with you.

Thread status set to pending.

• Agree
Reactions: Shiroe and Wolf
Looks like you finally decided to apply, Oberyn. I was wondering how long it would take you ^^ Anywho, onto the evaluation.

I've played with you quite a bit since the time you first joined the USA DB server; you have a lot of good potential surrounding you. You take into account all the rules, and you have made quite a few reports against those who don't follow them whilst you're in the server. This shows to me that you can take the initiative when needed, and that's a very important quality for an Admin to posses.

However, there is something I'd like absolute clarity about. Now, it's very well known that when an Admin is not on the server, people break rules; we as Admins realize this. I have heard quite a few players say that you are one of the ones who break the rule of "no stealing" whenever an Admin isn't online. I would like to know if this is true, or false. Please, be honest whenever you answer. I simply wish to put all of these rumours to rest.

You log time and your chatlog look quite decent, and as a person, I think you'd do a nice job being an Admin of the USA server alongside @Asuna, @DeadSworn, and myself. However, for now, I'm going to remain neutral until I hear a bit more from you about these floating rumours.

Also, I'd like to see a bit more expansion on your "what would you do" portion of the application. Perhaps your ban/gag/mute times that you would bestow upon people who don't follow the rules.

I.E "If they steal more than three times, I would give a ban of - to - hours."

Looks like you finally decided to apply, Oberyn. I was wondering how long it would take you ^^ Anywho, onto the evaluation.

I've played with you quite a bit since the time you first joined the USA DB server; you have a lot of good potential surrounding you. You take into account all the rules, and you have made quite a few reports against those who don't follow them whilst you're in the server. This shows to me that you can take the initiative when needed, and that's a very important quality for an Admin to posses.

However, there is something I'd like absolute clarity about. Now, it's very well known that when an Admin is not on the server, people break rules; we as Admins realize this. I have heard quite a few players say that you are one of the ones who break the rule of "no stealing" whenever an Admin isn't online. I would like to know if this is true, or false. Please, be honest whenever you answer. I simply wish to put all of these rumours to rest.

You log time and your chatlog look quite decent, and as a person, I think you'd do a nice job being an Admin of the USA server alongside @Asuna, @DeadSworn, and myself. However, for now, I'm going to remain neutral until I hear a bit more from you about these floating rumours.

Also, I'd like to see a bit more expansion on your "what would you do" portion of the application. Perhaps your ban/gag/mute times that you would bestow upon people who don't follow the rules.

I.E "If they steal more than three times, I would give a ban of - to - hours."

I'll have to say, I'm on the same boat with @Dio Brando for this. You have a decent chat log, and report about the rule breakers.

As for what @Dio Brando and I have been hearing about these rumors about you, I will remain neutral until something comes up.

Reactions: Shiroe
Hello, I haven't yet had the time to meet you in-game yet but I can see by your multitude of reports that you understand and care for our rules.

Your application looks good and usa db currently needs admins so we could do with you on the team.
I feel pretty confident you'll fit in well so I'll give you a +1.

Goodluck to you!

Hello, I haven't yet had the time to meet you in-game yet but I can see by your multitude of reports that you understand and care for our rules.

Your application looks good and usa db currently needs admins so we could do with you on the team.
I feel pretty confident you'll fit in well so I'll give you a +1.

Goodluck to you!
I've played once or twice with you before, but only briefly unfortunately. Thank you for your reply and appreciate it; Looking forward to playing with you more hopefully in the near future. :)

under review.
a final result should appear soon.

accepted, welcome in da clubz of fluffyness overload, sorry for the long cunt delay, i apologize.
your mentor(s) will be @DeadSworn and @Dio Brando (jackpot eh?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread