Accepted Application for USA Dodge-ball Server (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsumiki

Name/Nickname:

My name is Jen. (I am known as ^Σ§Ƈ^ Asuna ).

I am currently 15 years of age, almost 16 in about 3 weeks.

Who gave you permission to apply?

The Dodgeball USA server is available for application.

Steam2 ID:

My Steam ID is: STEAM_0:1:66197155

Online Times and timezone:

I sometimes get online on weekdays from 8:00pm-10:00pm CDT depending on how much homework I have. On weekends, I play whenever I feel like it after I get through with my homework, which could be a few hours in the afternoon and evening.

Do you have a Microphone?:

I do have a microphone, and I will use it whenever the need arises.

Previous experience in Admin/Mod:

I have no previous experience dealing with SourceMod, however, I can learn quickly with the help of my mentors. (DeadSworn and Mignone_Roy)

What Panda Community servers do you usually play on?:

I spend most of my time on the USA Panda Dodgeball server.
Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?:

Yes, I am familiar with the basic, relevant commands because my mentors have to use them every day.

Why should we choose you?:

I’ve been playing on the USA Panda Dodgeball server for quite a long time this year. I really like the server that the Panda Community has created, but there are some problems that admins have to take care of in the server. I want to be part of the community and make sure everything is going as smoothly as possible.

What will you do as Admin?: First, if I were to be selected as an admin, I would deal with people who do not follow the rules in the server. It isn’t complicated to follow the rules. Second of all, many people are being offended in the server by sexism, sexual harassment and rude comments. I’ve been through these things many times with Dio Brando. I want to help her and some others with everything I can. DeadSworn and Dio Brando are always there when I need them. I want to repay them by doing what they have done for me.

In Game Policies:

Stealing Rockets: Slay and warnings (after 3 warnings, they will be banned from the server for 6-8 hours)

Blocking players from the other team: Slay and warnings (after 3 warnings, they will be banned from the server for 6-8 hours)

Killing of own teammates: Warning and kicked from the server, and will be banned for 2 hours)

Continuous Orbiting of the rocket: Will be warned and slayed if the action continues

In chat:

Chat/Voice spamming: Receive a total of 3 warnings and if action continues, player(s) will be gagged and/or muted for 2-4 hours

Foreign Language(s) in voice/chat: Receive 3 warnings and if action continues, player(s) will be gagged/muted for 1-2 hours

Racism/Sexism/Any type of Harassment towards others: Only receive 1 warning and will be gagged/muted for 5-12 hours

Admin Disrespect: Only one warning and will be gagged/muted for 2-4 hours

Other Actions:

Call abuse: 3 warnings, kicked from server, and a possible result of being banned for 1-2 if action doesn’t stop.

AFK Players: Will be moved to spectate if inactive for at least 10 minutes so others can play

Any type of Admin Impersonation: Receive a total of 3 warnings and a result in a ban of 2 hours if action continues

Hacking: Record the match and review it. If there was any hacking, the ban will be permanent

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to become an Admin because I have seen others and myself suffer from abuse, sexism, and sexual harassment. I want to make the Panda-Community a better and safer place for everyone.

Using an advanced algorithm I build for detecting incurable diseases I have calculated the amount of "Cancer smileys" in your chat-log to be 85% of you chat activity.

Your most common disease is "xD", followed by "( ノ ゚ー゚)ノ︵ ┻━┻"

"xD", "XD" and or "Dx" are all incurable diseases. "XD" is an incurable disease of a smiley face guffawing with its mouth open and eyes closed, which is commonly used to convey loud laughter in a similar vein to the use of the acronym “LOL.” On some discussion forums and imageboard communities, the use of the emoticon, along with its phonetic transcription ecks dee, have been met with negative reception and even stigmatized as a form of “shitposting”.

"(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻", I am sad to inform you this is also an incurable disease. Flipping Table emoticon is a text-based disease depicting a person flipping a table out of rage. Primarily used by 10 year old users to express rage, the emoticon became popular among Western internet users following its introduction through internationally popular online games.

Chat-log for reference
If anybody is interested in my algorithm you may contact me directly through this forum or use Steam.

EDIT: Nice first post by the way, In my eyes a well written application.

Using an advanced algorithm I build for detecting incurable diseases I have calculated the amount of "Cancer smileys" in your chat-log to be 85% of you chat activity.

Your most common disease is "xD", followed by "( ノ ゚ー゚)ノ︵ ┻━┻"

"xD", "XD" and or "Dx" are all incurable diseases. "XD" is an incurable disease of a smiley face guffawing with its mouth open and eyes closed, which is commonly used to convey loud laughter in a similar vein to the use of the acronym “LOL.” On some discussion forums and imageboard communities, the use of the emoticon, along with its phonetic transcription ecks dee, have been met with negative reception and even stigmatized as a form of “shitposting”.

"(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻", I am sad to inform you this is also an incurable disease. Flipping Table emoticon is a text-based disease depicting a person flipping a table out of rage. Primarily used by 10 year old users to express rage, the emoticon became popular among Western internet users following its introduction through internationally popular online games.

Chat-log for reference
If anybody is interested in my algorithm you may contact me directly through this forum or use Steam.

EDIT: Nice first post by the way, In my eyes a well written application.
I had a habit of putting "xD" or "Dx" in chat and I'll make sure to unbind my binds so it won't be spam of any emoticons and such.

Reactions: Stabbin
Well, for as long as I've been playing on the USA DB server, Asuna has always been a good player. If I may, I'll begin by listing the pros and cons of her as a player that I've personally witnessed:

Pros:
~She's always reminding people of the rules, and standing up for others whenever they're being harassed in game on the server.
~For the most part, she's a good sport in the actual game itself.
~She has a very good time in game on the server, which shows she knows the game and how it's supposed to be run as a whole.
~The application itself was very well done, especially for a first post.

Cons:
~She does have a habit of using binds quite a bit. However, as I have witnessed her in game, the usage of "xD" is very, VERY common for people in online chat. So, personally, I see it as more of a reaction than being used as a spamming face. This is also a very fixable habit, seeing as how I used to use binds and then quickly grew out of them.
~She has a little bit of a feisty side to her, especially when people begin breaking the rules. However, this is a completely natural response, and only needs a bit of work to grow out of when Admining.

So, overall, I personally believe that, with a little effort and help, Asuna would make a good addition to the team. After all, binds are common in TF2, and after looking at the time passed between her usages, it's not like she was spamming them every two seconds continuously throughout every match she plays.

So, for now, you have my support.

Good luck on your application journey!

• Informative
Reactions: Zeprus and Tsumiki
Well, for as long as I've been playing on the USA DB server, Asuna has always been a good player. If I may, I'll begin by listing the pros and cons of her as a player that I've personally witnessed:

Pros:
~She's always reminding people of the rules, and standing up for others whenever they're being harassed in game on the server.
~She has a very good time in game on the server, which shows she knows the game and how it's supposed to be run as a whole.

Cons:
~She does have a habit of using binds quite a bit. However, as I have witnessed her in game, the usage of "xD" is very, VERY common for people in online chat. So, personally, I see it as more of a reaction than being used as a spamming face. This is also a very fixable habit, seeing as how I used to use binds and then quickly grew out of them.
~She has a little bit of a feisty side to her, especially when people begin breaking the rules. However, this is a completely natural response, and only needs a bit of work to grow out of when Admining.

So, overall, I personally believe that, with a little effort and help, Asuna would make a good addition to the team. After all, binds are common in TF2, and after looking at the time passed between her usages, it's not like she was spamming them every two seconds continuously throughout every match she plays.

Thank you Dio for the feedback! ^-^

Wrong section~

Well well, here we go. I've known Asuna for quite a while already, I think she was on the server when I applied myself, or during my first days as a Trial (back in July o. o;;). I've solely took a quick skim on Dio's reply, so forgive me if I repeat stuff.

First thing, as Stabbin and Dio said, the application is very well written.

On the good side, she's a great person in general. I've never seen her really insult anyone or anything like that. I haven't seen her steal either, and she even enforces the no stealing rule.

The policies are very good, and I guess a reason for that is that she's spent a lot of time playing when Admins were there, so she has a good idea of what she has to do depending on the broken rule. She's then already a step ahead from people who have no idea what the policies are.

She has a very good playtime of 6 days. Some of her sessions are pretty short, but if we just look at them as a whole, she spends, most of the time, over 1 hour on the server. The fact that gameME has a different timezone also needs to be taken in consideration, as ~6PM in North America (depending on the timezone, personally it's 6PM for me) equals 12AM on gameME, and so the sessions can be cut in two.

Then there's the case of the chatlog. T bind side and the chat side. Binds are a pretty common thing on Dodgeball and can be easily arranged by unbinding them. For the other messages like "xD" and such, well I haven't seen her use her mic a lot, and her way to communicate must be the chatbox. If I had to be judged with my chatlogs when I applied, apparently, I would've been declined, but again, it's something that can be arranged with time.

TL;DR: That's a +1 for me, take good care of it ^-^

Reactions: Tsumiki
Wrong section~

Well well, here we go. I've known Asuna for quite a while already, I think she was on the server when I applied myself, or during my first days as a Trial (back in July o. o;;). I've solely took a quick skim on Dio's reply, so forgive me if I repeat stuff.

First thing, as Stabbin and Dio said, the application is very well written.

On the good side, she's a great person in general. I've never seen her really insult anyone or anything like that. I haven't seen her steal either, and she even enforces the no stealing rule.

The policies are very good, and I guess a reason for that is that she's spent a lot of time playing when Admins were there, so she has a good idea of what she has to do depending on the broken rule. She's then already a step ahead from people who have no idea what the policies are.

She has a very good playtime of 6 days. Some of her sessions are pretty short, but if we just look at them as a whole, she spends, most of the time, over 1 hour on the server. The fact that gameME has a different timezone also needs to be taken in consideration, as ~6PM in North America (depending on the timezone, personally it's 6PM for me) equals 12AM on gameME, and so the sessions can be cut in two.

Then there's the case of the chatlog. T bind side and the chat side. Binds are a pretty common thing on Dodgeball and can be easily arranged by unbinding them. For the other messages like "xD" and such, well I haven't seen her use her mic a lot, and her way to communicate must be the chatbox. If I had to be judged with my chatlogs when I applied, apparently, I would've been declined, but again, it's something that can be arranged with time.

TL;DR: That's a +1 for me, take good care of it ^-^
Thanks Roy! c:

Pros:

Cons:

Also, since I now know that I can +1 her on servers I'm Admin of, I give her a +1! Derp on my part. ;w;

I've said for dodgeball applicants before about spamming but all I've gotten from a response is basically spamming with binds is common so I don't know what to say.

• Agree
Reactions: Wolf
I've said for dodgeball applicants before about spamming but all I've gotten from a response is basically spamming with binds is common so I don't know what to say.

97% of all Dodgeball applicants suffers from the spamming-binds disease, yet another incurable disease. The last 3% becomes admins. Telling them won't help, gagging them won't even help and I doubt that even a ban would help.

97% of all Dodgeball applicants suffers from the spamming-binds disease, yet another incurable disease. The last 3% becomes admins. Telling them won't help, gagging them won't even help and I doubt that even a ban would help.

This isn't necessarily true. If someone is very serious about becoming an Admin for a server they love, telling someone about the binds will help.I mean, yeah, there are those that never learn to stop spamming binds; I've run into plenty of them. But there are those that know how to stop, as well. So this "incurable" disease is actually quite curable. It just depends on the person as a whole.

This isn't necessarily true. If someone is very serious about becoming an Admin for a server they love, telling someone about the binds will help.I mean, yeah, there are those that never learn to stop spamming binds; I've run into plenty of them. But there are those that know how to stop, as well. So this "incurable" disease is actually quite curable. It just depends on the person as a whole.
I have delete most of my unnecessary binds.

Application looks fine though there were some parts that you may have to work on if you're accepted.

Asuna has helped Dio and Mignone and I think she could help further if she was an admin.
As for the binds as long as they aren't spam then I don't think it's an issue.
Anyways I can't think of too much to say but I think she'd be great on the admin team so you have my +1.

Application looks fine though there were some parts that you may have to work on if you're accepted.

Asuna has helped Dio and Mignone and I think she could help further if she was an admin.
As for the binds as long as they aren't spam then I don't think it's an issue.
Anyways I can't think of too much to say but I think she'd be great on the admin team so you have my +1.
Thanks DeadSworn! I appreciate the feedback. c:

just letting you know that the app is under review and the final result should follow soon.

Accepted! Welcome to the Panda Administration team.
Your mentor shall myself and be sure to add @Kevin on steam too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread