Accepted Application for Dodgeball #4, #19 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nArcotiC

Name: nArcotiC

Steam2 ID: STEAM_0:0:24830365

Online Times: weekdays: 17-22pm, weekends: all day most weekends

Timezone: CET (UTC+1)

Microphone: I have one, but don't like to use it very often.

Experience: None as an admin. I am friends with a lot of the current admins, so I am sure they will help me get started.

Applying for: Dodgeball (#4, #19), would also hop on Hightower (#6, #10) and Jump
(#3) in case of a report

SourceMod: Enough experience to know the basics. I can always look up what I don't know.

Why me?: I have been playing on Panda servers for a long time, and am pretty well
known/respected on the servers I play on. Also, the dodgeball servers have been really, hmm, let's say 'wild' lately. You are lucky if you find an admin online. Reports are basically useless right now, since chances are, admins won't show up. I would like to change that and assist the current admins, Clic and Nyah, in administrating the servers we all used to like to play on. I think I can help to bring back the glory of the past :^) . Also, disregard chat history pls :^). As an admin, I wouldn't say anything inappropriate.

Here is the new and improved 'What will I do' section. Thanks to Clic for helping me with it.

Stealers:
I will slay and warn stealers (and players attempting to steal) for the first 3 steals in chat, telling them that they are only supposed to airblast when they hear a sentry noise.
If they (try to) steal a fourth time, I will give them a final warning using admin chat (@ before the message).
If they continue, I will ban them for 12 hours if it's their first ban, more if it isn't.

Blockers:
I will slay and warn blockers for the first 3 blocks in chat, telling them that they are not supposed to get too close to the enemy.
If they ignore me, I will ban them for 6 hours, more if they got previous bans for the same reasons.

Spammers:
I will use admin chat, asking them to stop spamming. If they ignore the warning, they will get gagged / muted (depending on the chat they used) for at least 1 hour if it's their first gag / mute, 2 hours if it's their second, 4 hours for 3rd, 8 for 4th and so on.

Hackers:
I will ban hackers after I've recorded a demo of them to make sure I have evidence to back me up. If I am unsure, I will ask the other admins to judge if a player is using hacks or not. I am aware that I can't permanently ban players as a trial admin, so I will ask a full admin to change the ban to a permanent one through SourceBans.

Afk'ers:
If I see a player not moving for some time, I will ask them if they are there. If they don't answer I will put them in spec. If they stay there for 2 rounds, I will kick them to make space for other people wanting to join the server. If the server is almost empty, I will leave them in spec to entice other players into joining the servers so that in the server browser, the server will show a larger amount of players.

If a rulebreaker is sorry for what he did, I will refrain from punishing them too hard, as there is no point if he's already aware that what he did was wrong and will very likely change his behaviour. That is what the warnings are for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your playtime is pretty good, 10 days. Not bad. Now, reviewing your chatlogs, it's annoying me slightly. That 'oh snap' spam.

16 Jul 2015 19:41:00 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:40:40 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:40:17 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:36:57 oh snpa Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:35:46 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:30:07 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:28:21 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:27:44 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:24:22 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:23:59 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:20:25 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:19:54 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:19:33 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:18:39 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:18:19 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]

And then you're one of the many people who likes to post (almost spam) quotes of people saying something ridiculous, and all kinds of weird lenny-faces. It's like a contagious disease on Dodgeball.
Well, since I don't play very much on Jailbreak, this was all of the feedback I could deliver this time.

And layout wise, perhaps you should highlight the questions.

Neutral.

This player,

Except his tendancy to "spam" (which is a big word to use there) the chat with his binds, he could be a great addition to the Dodgeball staff, if he plans to stop this "spam". He's mature enough, knows how to spot rulebreakers, well known by the Dodgeball players and for all that I'd like to say why not and give him a try.

The "What will I do" part isn't really how you should deal with rulebreakers (We got an actual procedure to deal with stealers by example, and the ban length is way more heavier), but that's the least of our problems as it's something which could easily be corrected. You could always add me if you want to get more informations, and so edit this part in function, and/or you could also check previous accepted Dodgeball applications.

The situation regarding the Dodgeball servers is even worse than before as we're now two admins left there, adding the fact that Nyah is busy for few weeks, and me switching between Jailbreak and Dodgeball servers, he's one of the few players there that I had in mind to give him a chance but looks like he took the decision by his own, which is even better.

I've no doubt that he'll change his behaviour concerning his binds, even if the Dodgeball community plays this gamemod like this, binding and quoting eachother in the chat, I believe that he's mature enough to know that as an Admin he'll have to stop doing it, as he already stated in his application. Hopefully you'll treat all players as equal though, as having many friends on a server that you're administrate on could easily influenced your judgement.
If he ever gets accepted, I take the entire responsability of this person, and will gladly teach him and share with him my knowledge.

I don't always +1 apps, but when I do, then the applicant sincerely deserves his chance, so here's yours :
+1

Your playtime is pretty good, 10 days. Not bad. Now, reviewing your chatlogs, it's annoying me slightly. That 'oh snap' spam.
16 Jul 2015 19:41:00 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:40:40 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:40:17 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:36:57 oh snpa Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:35:46 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:30:07 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:28:21 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:27:44 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:24:22 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:23:59 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:20:25 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:19:54 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:19:33 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:18:39 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]
16 Jul 2015 19:18:19 oh snap Panda-Community.com TF2 #04 [Dodgeball|gameME]

As I said, he, as most of the regulars there, tend to use the chat as a complete other way than on other servers, it never reaches the limit to become an official spam actually, and if you look carefully, there always is a significative amount of time (20 secs to 5 mins) between these messages to not consider them as a spam. His chatlogs do not reflect his behaviour at all in his case, so don't get your opinion influenced by this detail on this one.

@Nyah I'd like to hear Nyah advice on this one though, and why not @DeadSworn one aswell.

It's not only spamming, he also steals and blocks a lot, but luckily he always stop after warnings. But darn, his chatlog his full of spamming, I needed to ask could he stop that, but he always "accidently" press bind buttons. I give -1 . He can change his attitude, but now, he is not suitable for admin position.

Last edited:
I agree with Clic on the spam part, application needs work with the punishments and such but he can be serious when he needs to so should probably be given a chance taking into consideration the dodgeball admin situation, after all that is what the trial phase is for and Clic seems to want this (and to take full responsibility).
So under the watchful eye of Clic I think Narc should be given a chance. support!

It's not only spamming, he also steals and blocks a lot, but luckily he always stop after warnings.
Before I started my absence from dodgeball I haven't seen you on dodgeball so I don't know where you have the stealing and blocking information from, maybe dodgeball's gotten even worse :/.

As for Narc, he's one of the more respected players on dodgeball, reasoning being his rank (which still means nothing to me so don't get too excited there champ 8) and behaviour as a regular player on the server.

It's like a contagious disease on Dodgeball.
I tried to stay clear of it but it's just too much when boredom hits you.

Without making things too complicated and adding too much text so it bores someone and doesn't read any of this, I give my yes.

Good luck mate.

*ok first, the formatting of the thingamajig could be a bit more appealing with bold and stuff.
*second, we really need an admin who won't quit the game mode after a month...

That's it, those are my complaints towards the applicant.

Reactions: Clic Clic Boom
I've been friends with nArcotic for a long time and while he does have binds that make no sense, that's part of his charm. By the way, judging by my experience, every admin gets rid of those binds if he goes on trial, so there's literally no problem there.

He qualifies for the position more than all of the possible people you'd get from Dodgeball. The server itself severely lacks admins, so it'd be nice to see how nArcotic would do.

I give him my support based on my personal experience dealing with him, it's a yes from me.

• Agree
Reactions: Clic Clic Boom
Thanks for the support so far guys.

we really need an admin who won't quit the game mode after a month...
It is true that I've taken a break from video games for personal reasons, but I am back and ready to rock.

Regarding my bind spam: As I've stated in the application, I will get rid of my chat binds and use the keyboard slots for useful stuff like warnings in chat or slaying stealers. I am aware of the situation, that's why I even mentioned it in the application.

Concerning the 'What will I do' section: I am gonna look at the accepted applications and ask Clic for ways to improvement it.

Before I started my absence from dodgeball I haven't seen you on dodgeball so I don't know where you have the stealing and blocking information from

Good thing that I'm not the only one who thinks that. I personally never had any issues with this player, neither received any calls or such things on him, if he was doing all that I can guarantee that you'd see a more recent punishment than the two bans that he received months ago. It's not the first time that you come on apps. with things that you only heared from other players, you should stop trusting everything that you hear from others and start comming with facts, instead of rumors, and start building your own opinion, instead of always being in the most popular side, everytime; Luckily with our actual admin apps. voting system, these kind of vote/feedback can now be ignored.

I won't add anything more to this application till it goes under review but one thing : If I had to be judged only on my chatlogs I would have never been an admin, and if you can only see this detail then you better not share an opinion with false accusations which will only force others to come with this low level of feedback, thanks in advance.

Before I started my absence from dodgeball I haven't seen you on dodgeball so I don't know where you have the stealing and blocking information from, maybe dodgeball's gotten even worse :/.

Well I slayed him many times of stealing/blocking, but good think he always stop. Also remember even your closest friend can break rules. it is sad, but true.

But anyway, good luck mate::):

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 person
It is true that I've taken a break from video games for personal reasons, but I am back and ready to rock.

That's not what I meant, I mean that we need an admin who wont go inactive once they get adminship (like what happened with NooT).

#BringBackBananaCage!

Added the new punishment policy after having a talk with him, explaining, in general, how he's supposed to do his job, as the applicant could not edit his post by his own.

Your application is currently under review. This procedure will last for the next 3 days and you will be aware of our decision after this, at this same place.

Final decision : Accepted

Accepted due to positive feedbacks and the abscence of negative ones, hopefully that your behaviour will be exemplary.

Congratulations and welcome into our staff, you'll be mentored by myself.

Consider adding @Kevin on Steam, as he's in charge of providing your powers, you will start your Trial period as soon as he did so.

Best of luck.

• Useful
Reactions: Madact
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread