Anybody here plays sauerbraten cube 2 (1 Viewer)

Kodeko

Donator
if you do tell your favorite gamemode
mine is insta team.
also tell your nickname in the game

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Xonotic, is in fact, GNU/Xonotic, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Xonotic. Xonotic is not an game unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, graphics libraries and vital system components comprising a full game as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of GNU games every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often used without credit, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Xonotic, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the game: the actual concept behind the system. The concept is an essential part of a game, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete game. Xonotic is normally used in combination with the GNU libraries: the whole system is basically GNU with Xonotic added, or GNU/Xonotic.

looks like Quake
Not at all actually. The only thing this game and quake have in common is the fact that both could be described as arena shooters. The xonotic community is more focused around instagib as well(and insta is absolutely dreadful in quake).

Users who are viewing this thread