Declined Administrator application. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dungeon

- Your name and/or nickname
Dungeon

- Your age (if under 15, state here who gave you permission to apply)
I am 20 years old.

- Your Steam2 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)
| steamname: ❄ Dungeon
| steam3ID: [U:1:75824662]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:37912331
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198036090390
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Moonoo
| steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198036090390

- Your general online times and your timezone
CET/GMT +1, I'm usually online all day between 8AM and ~1-2AM.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
I'm sure I've played on some of your servers before, but I'm a new regular here. I'll probably be visiting all the severs from time to time since I have a very broad taste in mods. I'll definitely be visiting any server necessary if a report has come in

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)
I have a good quality microphone and I am comfortable using it.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
*Owner of Lemons' United. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/lemons_united
*Admin of Hatten's Hat Club. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HattensHatClub
*Moderator of various servers without official steamgroups/websites.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
We used SourceMod/SourceBans for Lemons' United and Hatten's Hat Club.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I have tons of experience administrating and I'm a very mature and reliable person.
I've never received a report for scamming or hacking on any reputation site and I can proudly say that I have NEVER been banned from a server. I also have experience helping other staff members out and managing communities + servers(Linux + Windows2008).

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.
My experience moderating has taught me when to be lenient and when to be strict, I don't take strict action without letting people know what they're doing wrong and why it's wrong. Of course hacking/scamming is an exception to my previous statement. I believe in rehabilitation rather than punishment.

Finally I'd like to say that if there's anything you want me to be more specific about, or if there's anything else you'd like to know, I am available through either Steam or Skype.
Thank you for your consideration.

Though the app looks good in general (the policies part is expected to be more elaborate though), we can do nothing with this at the moment.

https://gameme.panda-community.com/search?q=STEAM_0:0:37912331&si=uniqueid&rc=all&x=32&y=4

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
I'm sure I've played on some of your servers before, but I'm a new regular here. I'll probably be visiting all the severs from time to time since I have a very broad taste in mods. I'll definitely be visiting any server necessary if a report has come in.

"I'm sure I've played on some of your servers before" kind of sums the issue up. If you have played on our servers for an hour in total - one of the two servers you played on being Mario Kart, where we need no admins - there is no way we could accept you. You know next to nothing of our gameservers and their culture. I'm hesitant to speak for your forum experience as for all I know you could have lurked for some time.

But the point being, I have to ask: why are you applying here when you've barely played on our servers?

I had a conversation with Kevin about this, as a previous community manager myself I know this is an issue, but I decided to give it a go after asking him if it was okay.
I understand that it's hard deciding after not seeing me ingame, but I'd like to take a chance anyways as I think I'd fit for the job.
You raise a fair point though, and I did not expect my inactivity to go unnoticed.

I had a conversation with Kevin about this, as a previous community manager myself I know this is an issue, but I decided to give it a go after asking him if it was okay.
I understand that it's hard deciding after not seeing me ingame, but I'd like to take a chance anyways as I think I'd fit for the job.

Hmm well, unless you're planning on applying for a managing position, there's nothing we can do for some time. If you have no main server or a good set of servers that you frequent, you cannot be a gameserver admin.

But whatever you decide to apply for, we need to be more acquainted with you. An application as first post will not do.

Hmm well, unless you're planning on applying for a managing position, there's nothing we can do for some time. If you have no main server or a good set of servers that you frequent, you cannot be a gameserver admin.

But whatever you decide to apply for, we need to be more acquainted with you. An application as first post will not do.

What managing position would this be, if I may ask? I might be interested.

Basically the same issue I have, if you frequent a server then maybe it would be easier to determine where you would fit in. Despite that it's a great application.

What managing position would this be, if I may ask? I might be interested.

I don't even know ¯\/(^_^)\/¯

The only managing position in the community right now is occupied by me: the application manager and staff manager in general. We have no other positions right now that would need to be occupied, except perhaps "Assistant staff manager" to help me out a bit. Only thing I can think of.

It was just something that I inquired about, seeing as how you have little playtime on the servers. Last time we had someone with a good app but bad playtime it was someone who was more of a manager type of person, so that's why it occured to me.

Do you have time to administrate our server too? if you are already owner of lemons united and admin of hatten's hat club.

I interpreted that as his previous experience, as that is what the question asks for. But indeed for clarity's sake: are you still holding those positions, Dungeon, or did you mean those as previous experiences?

Both those servers are down, and has been for a significant amount of time. I am a free bird.

The only problem is the game time on our servers. If you could visit our servers often and decide which one to apply for, it will make it much easier for us to decide. Other than that it's a great application. I don't know what the other admins think as of yet.

Hmm, Not seen you around, Well written but, also I'd also like to ask, is there a spacific server you'd go for? as there are some servers that do have enough admins atm, but it would be nice to see you on ff2 so I can get to know you a little better Good luck though !:D

Thing is the last guy we had had actually done a lot for his community before coming to panda and applying for admin. He was exactly like you, but some of us knew him from a previous clan and he was all ready helping out with the rules and such with evo while he was applying.
It would be nice that if you did have a high position in your other clan what you could tell us what you actually did. One link is to an actually gaming community, where if you where the owner did you just manage the servers and let someone else handle the staff/community? The other one is just a raffle based community with just a trade and VSH server attached. Did you just help with scammers there?
Did you do roles such as managing the admin staff, making the rules, producing an admin guide? That's the sort of thing I'm guessing evo is looking for. Well, if he is at all that is.
It's just, I'm a little bit drawn back how you've randomly come from your communities and suddenly want an admin position. If you help out though or if you prefer a game server admin just dedicated your time, then you'd be suitable.
So all in all, Good Luck in whatever you choose.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Broski
also I'd also like to ask, is there a spacific server you'd go for? as there are some servers that do have enough admins atm

Honestly I wrote this application a bit too hastily, not realizing you guys hired admins for specific servers. I expected to jump a lot between the servers.

It would be nice that if you did have a high position in your other clan what you could tell us what you actually did. One link is to an actually gaming community, where if you where the owner did you just manage the servers and let someone else handle the staff/community? Did you do roles such as managing the admin staff, making the rules, producing an admin guide? That's the sort of thing I'm guessing evo is looking for. Well, if he is at all that is.
On Lemons I took care of everything, including but not limited to staff guides, rules, staff managing, server managing, reports, giveaways and events.
The other one is just a raffle based community with just a trade and VSH server attached. Did you just help with scammers there?
I helped with scammers, donations, events and some server updates + restarts.

People usually tend to have one or two main servers. It is definitely possible to jump between them for general coverage, but trial admins need to be given access to each server individually; only full admins have rights on all servers. Thus we'd need to know where you mostly play.

I will also be putting this one on hold until further notice.

There has been no activity from you for some time - either on the forum or the servers. With this little involvement in the community, there is nowhere we could place you.

Maybe if you become active you could re-apply. For now though, I see no reason to keep this open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread