Declined Add vsh_little_float_island (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Which map is the suggestion about? vsh_little_float_island

What is supposed to happen to the map? Add

Why do you want this map change?

This might be the worst map I've ever seen...
To save everyone else the trouble, here's a screenshot of the map:

littlefloat.png

This floating platform is the entire map, invisible walls prevent you from accessing the ground below.

You didn't specify which server you want this map added to, but I would never want this steaming pile of garbage on vsh.

Reactions: Scudi37 and meks
This is my very first vsh course and I wasn't surprised that it wouldn't be included, I was just curious to see if it was included and what people's opinions were. The invisible wall is right there so people can't jump out. But thanks for sharing your opinion about the track.

I probably put more effort into writing this than you put into making this map…

It’s extremely generous to call this a map at all. It’s way too small and narrow, the map is essentially one dimensional. There’s no cover, no flanks or alternative routes, there’s no interesting gameplay to be had here. It just an empty platform with no distinguishing features.

This map will play the exact same way every time.
Hales, who know what they are doing, will instantly jump to the red side of the map and lay waste to the red team, that is if they don’t get completely denied by knockback, which seems very likely for reasons mentioned above.
New hales will die in a matter of seconds. (Same can be said about many existing maps but it would be far worse here)

And as a cherry on top you decided to fill the map to brim with health and ammo, which just shows to me that zero thought was put into it.

This “map” is fundamentally flawed as a vsh map and with the amount of reworking needed to make it serviceable, you might as well start over.

I recommend you take a good look at some classic vsh maps like castle_siege, area_54tress and ram_shacked. While some of these may not be the most popular of maps, they are very straightforward maps without gimmicks and serve as a good baseline of what a vsh map should be like imo.

I wish you luck on your future map making endeavors.

• Agree
Reactions: Otis
Thank you for the advices. You're right about it being small and narrow, but that's how I envisioned it. There are so many HP and Ammo Packs because I noticed that in many courses there is usually not as much as there are people and I thought that if I put a lot then everyone will have it. I tried to balance it by putting smaller HP and Ammo Pack.

It's just a rectangle to me.
Not much of a vision if you ask me.

I don't approve of this uh.. map.

It may not be a track like vsh_military_area_b1, but it's not bad for a first try. (I think)

Reactions: meks
Pretty sure the human sentry buster or zerstorer can instawin on this miniscule map, while other's rage range can get pretty much everyone.

I don't want to shun your efforts, but this is not ready for vsh or ff2.

Given what I can see from the feedback of this thread there wouldn't be much point putting up a poll.

When you do make improvements and decide to post up a suggestion again make sure to include a poll with a 'yes' or 'no' to adding your map so it can get the ball rolling towards a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread