Account Deletion Request Declined (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katcody

In addition to being initially ignored, I was further told that my account cannot be deleted for an unknown reason, probably due to laziness. I need to free up my email for another account and this is the result.

Did a moderator seriously edit this person's message to add this?:
Ps I was poopy my pants
What sort of childish abuse of privilege is that? How can you expect to be taken seriously or to merit any respect from users?

What is the reason this person cannot have their account details removed from the forum database? It's a reasonable request and a very sensible privacy and security precaution.

Panda forum's own privacy policy guarantee's a user's right to having their personal data removed.
You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. Please contact us if you would like us to remove your personal data.
If the problem is technical, you could obfuscate this person's data to anonymise the account and ensure it can't be logged into. That would retain records and post attributions. Though I would be surprised if a modern forum system does not have the ability to delete users without issue.

I've removed that edit from the original post. I am unsure if there is a reason for that edit, but I will be talking to the moderator who made that edit.

As for the account deletion all I can do is refer to this post again: https://www.panda-community.com/threads/account-deletion.30545/
And that I can remove real life personal information, such as age name etc from threads posted if requested.

What other users have done who want their account deleted but cannot is changed their forum name and changed the email assigned to their forum account to another. If that's not an option, you can untick yourself from receiving emails in privacy settings. You can also delete out your own personal information on your forum profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread