4th launch attempt T-7h 30m (1 Viewer)

Maxim

I did make a post when i thought they would launch the SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket that will deliver SES-9. That was their first attempt of launching.

The second time they had problem with liquid oxygen, it did not load in time i believe, launch scrubbed.

The third time they had malware problem, in last seconds of launch (you could littearly see the rocket blast) then you heard *abort, abort, abort!*, the launch was scrubbed.

Now it is the fourth time they will attempt to launch it, there's been so many problems so far i'd guess that it will blow up right on the launch pad. It won't of course, but if they do manage to launch it, deploy the satelit and then return to earth, they will attempt to land it but they do not expect success. It will then actually blow up, like two of the previous times, one success so far.

Here will be the webcast in T-7h 30m: http://www.spacex.com/webcast

Hope that someone will enjoy the SpaceX update, might not be at the level as the recent TF2 update, but hey, what is.

"Unfortunately upper-level winds continue to exceed acceptable limits and are expected to get worse as we approach tonight’s launch window, so we are forgoing today’s launch attempt. Winds are forecast to exceed acceptable limits through Thursday. Our team will continue working with the Air Force’s Launch Weather Officer to evaluate the best available opportunity for flight in the coming days." SpaceX

I am crying, i bought chips and drinks. This was the night.

"Unfortunately upper-level winds continue to exceed acceptable limits and are expected to get worse as we approach tonight’s launch window, so we are forgoing today’s launch attempt. Winds are forecast to exceed acceptable limits through Thursday. Our team will continue working with the Air Force’s Launch Weather Officer to evaluate the best available opportunity for flight in the coming days." SpaceX

I am crying, i bought chips and drinks. This was the night.
This ain't happening.. Ever.. lmao

Update (2): 5th launch attempt?

T-7h 29m 10s

In a little bit more than 7 hours from now, SpaceX will launch the Falcon 9. I will type in the shoutbox about 10 minutes before the launch.

So I'll put and ending for the SpaceX Falcon 9 launch that took place yesterday.

It did launch successful. However, a rocket is built in 2 stages and one payload part. The stage 1 is there to take it off ground, then when it has reached the velocity it needs it separates from the rocket and leaves the stage 2 and the payload. Then they attempt to land the stage 1, in this case it did crash.
There is no footage of it yet because the platform that they attempt to land the stage 1 is far in the pacific ocean somewhere.

After all the SES-9 satellite is on it's way to orbit earth right now, SpaceX delivers.

The only footage of the stage 1 landing is from the live-stream, a much better version will probably come in a few days, if there is some at all:

(btw the landing is quite funny with the reactions, watch it!) :D
Thread can be closed, just had to put an ending of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread