Accepted Zelda's Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Left 4 Zelda

- Your name and/or nickname

Zelda on Steam, Toni in real life. I prefer Zelda.

- Your age
- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)
N/A

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)

STEAM_0:0:142805196

- Your general online times and your timezone

UTC-6 Central Time Zone

Usually, all I do is play video games. I wake up at around 2PM & go to sleep around 5AM, sometimes I wake up earlier than 2PM though, so basically I’m available whenever. Anywhere between 2PM-3AM I should be on or available to come on the server if called.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

I usually play on the 24/7 Freak Fortress & would like to apply to that server. I have played on other servers in the past, like Deathrun.

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)

Yes, I do have a microphone & I use it if needed. If using the chat isn’t getting the point across, I’ll use my mic.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

I do not have any previous experience as an admin or moderator.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

No, I have no experience with this. I can be kind of slow at times, so bear with me if I take some time to figure out how to use the commands. :)

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

I always see rule breakers on the server & it’s upsetting to know that the server is being abused. Being the admin is a responsibility that needs to be taken seriously. Sometimes, I’ll let an admin know that someone is breaking a rule & they’ll get mad at me for telling them. & sometimes, admins break the rules themselves. I would like to be an admin so I can make a difference in the server & help keep it a fun server while enforcing the rules. The rules aren’t that hard to follow. Yes, I had to take a few months’ hiatus; but I’m back online & I intend for it to stay that way. I want to be able to enforce the rules in a timely manner instead of just bugging another admin about it & waiting for someone to do something about it. I’d like to be an example on how to act on the server. I’m willing to work with the other admins to ensure that the server is at its best at all times. It’s my favorite server to play on & I want to make it a good experience for everyone but to do that I need to make sure people are being appropriate & following the rules.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

Spamming in chat or voice spamming: I’ll give 2 warnings, but if they continue it’ll result in an hour mute or gag.

Hale camping: 2 warnings, if continued I’ll toggle timebomb.

Exploiting: 1 warning, then a slay. If continued, they’ll be banned for an appropriate amount of time.

Ghosting: 2 warnings, but if they continue It’ll be a 30-minute gag. If they keep going after, I’d probably do a 1 hour ban.

Teaming: 1 warning, then a slay. If they continue, I’ll kick them. If they come back & do it again, it’ll result in an hour ban.

Call abuse: 1 warning, then an hour ban.

AFK: I’ll ask if they’re there but if there’s no answer it’ll result in a slay. If they’re AFK for more than 3 rounds, I’ll kick them.

Hacking: I would give a permanent ban, but obviously, I’d let a superior admin know first just in case they see it differently.

Speaking a foreign language: 2 warnings then a kick. If they come back & continue, I’d give a 30-minute ban & go from there.

Insulting: 2 warnings, then an hour gag. If the insults are too bad, 1 warning & then a 1 hour ban. If the insulting continues & it is worse than just a joke, it’ll result in a 3-hour ban. I won’t stand for insults, people are playing on the server to have fun, not be harassed.

If a player is not contributing to the team like they should: 3 warnings, then a slay. If continued, they will be kicked.

I’m open to suggestions on the banning, I don’t want to be too rash or too lenient. If I’m chosen for admin, just let me know about how long the bans should be.

Thank you for taking the time to read this application & I really hope you consider making me a part of your team.

Unfortunately, I do not know Zelda well enough yet to choose a side. I'm going to have to play on the server with her and get to know her better first. So I'm going to be neutral for now.

Reactions: Left 4 Zelda
This is Zelda's second admin application, and though I see some improvements, like not spamming lennies om the chat, insulting other players(?), whatnot. Although, she does use the word "scunt", or just being aggressive to other players. Reminder, this is what I found onto her chatlogs from 9/23 - 9/22
  • no one can hear you scunt
  • you little bitch
  • asshat
  • this scunt is ded
  • fuck off
  • you fucker
  • fucker
Honestly, I'm just gonna be neutral of this application, until I see some improvements from her.

I've seen many people call the scout a "scunt". I actually got that from you, Cake. I hope those few words aren't held against me, because really I've seen other people as well as other admins use the same language.

Using those words was a mistake, I know. But did you notice all of the good things I've said in my chat log? All of the countless times I've told someone to stop breaking a rule & being nice in general. I don't think it's fair that you're judging me for using that language when you use it to, I checked your chat log. I've been insulted on this server many times, yet I never retaliate. I just let it go. This server needs an active admin & I think I'm an alright choice for it, I'm tired of seeing these rule breakers get away with everything because the other admins don't get on the server a lot anymore.

Reactions: Geronimo
Indeed her chat history has improved, it definitely looks much better than on her last application. I'd say that it might even be "night and day" sort of difference. She's very strict, but it's in a good way. We definitely need stricter admins these days when it comes to rule breaking. I'm gonna be NEUTRAL for the time being, but expect me to probably give a more "favorable" rating sometime soon if I see the same stuff from her.

My opinion might not matter, but as a very active player on Freak Fortress 2 Texas; Zelda is great for admin.
She often enforces the rules and such, and also very active on this Panda Community.
Yes she does make mistakes, but so does every other human being that has ever come to be and will be.
Anyways long story short, she will be a great admin.

I do not think she should be admin. She enforces the wrong rules a lot of the time and will tell people to not use caps for example if someone says YAY in chat. She has insulted players and she gets mad easily and would probably abuse her powers.

I do not think she should be admin. She enforces the wrong rules a lot of the time and will tell people to not use caps for example if someone says YAY in chat. She has insulted players and she gets mad easily and would probably abuse her powers.

Sorry baby, but I would have to disagree on the abusive part. Although sometimes I think she does get a bit too strict like with the YAY thing.... However she is usually pretty good as far as I have seen. I did have a problem with the insults, and honestly I get a tad bit annoyed when I'm playing mvm and I get called on because someone was doing something so minor such as caps or being afk, but other than that I see a lot of good qualities. She plays pretty good attention to chat (sometimes she catches things I didn't even notice because I was busy with something else or just distracted) and she enforces the rules pretty well. Although there are some things that are not rules that she attempts to apply strictly.... But hey! At least since she thinks that it's a rule she tried enforcing it! Kudos to ya girl.
I'm still neutral on this, but I'm definitely leaning towards a yes!
<3

Thank you so much for your input, Sunny. I don't think I've insulted any time recently, but I'll be sure to keep that in mind!

I'm sorry you feel that way, Jason. But honestly, you're one of the main people I constantly tell to stop insulting & stop spamming in chat. Just the other day, you insulted every admin besides Sunny, including Kevin.

i did not insult every admin i was saying that hey admins need to get on more kevin he probably is busy and can not do stuff all the time but im just saying if people want to help the server then they should really get on more.
Jason, stop this argument and take it into Steam Messaging.
The applications are not a place to argue.

• Agree
i did not insult every admin i was saying that hey admins need to get on more kevin he probably is busy and can not do stuff all the time but im just saying if people want to help the server then they should really get on more.
That's not what you said at all, but okay. I'm not going to argue with you.

i am not arguing i am simpling replying to a comment. she was the first one to commit and i am replying. so she could have messaged me if she had a problem
You were the first one to comment on my application. I don't see why you keep lying on my application, please stop.

Using those words was a mistake, I know. But did you notice all of the good things I've said in my chat log? All of the countless times I've told someone to stop breaking a rule & being nice in general. I don't think it's fair that you're judging me for using that language when you use it to, I checked your chat log. I've been insulted on this server many times, yet I never retaliate. I just let it go. This server needs an active admin & I think I'm an alright choice for it, I'm tired of seeing these rule breakers get away with everything because the other admins don't get on the server a lot anymore.

Although, there is a change because I didn't see this comment before. It appears like she feels attacked by cake and made this impetuous comment. It gives me an impression that she is too vehement. It appears she is reproaching cake instead of taking responsibility for her actions. This flaw in her character kind of changes my mind a bit... however, I will give her the benefit of the doubt and observe some more. Still neutral.

Once again. My point about her being vehement.
I understand where you're coming from, Sunny. But I wasn't personally attacking Cake. I did take responsibility for my actions when I said "Using those words was a mistake, I know."
Vehement-showing strong feeling; forceful, passionate, or intense.
You're right, I do seem to be "vehement" but it's only because I do care about this server & want to be able to make it better.
That being said, I do value your opinion on this. It has opened my eyes a bit to this certain behavior & I apologize for it.

Zelda's been improving a lot since last application. As Spen said, we do need stricter admins (rip me) around here. She's shown that she really wants to help the community, I'll go ahead and give it a +1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread