1. Join us on our discord server for fun gaming evenings, discussions, music and much more!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you!
    Dismiss Notice

Yet another stupid question

Discussion in 'Jailbreak - 193.192.59.191:27175' started by Semicolon backslash, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Semicolon backslash

Semicolon backslash Active Member

Well actually two but eh.

Standing next to 9square door in mlcastle to avoid death

As seen in the Mlcastle.dem you can sit in a small sliver of the floor and survive, I have had a jailbreak regular (same as last time) say this isn't kos its just cheating.
    Which would make a bunch of other oversights such as crouching in spacejails awp dodge and standing on the edge of mlcastles sweeper podiums ok.

Next is according to someone else Hopjb's (and I guess minecarts) knife pits are a part of cell area. Imo these minigame areas are separate to cell area but it be nice to get some clarification

Attached Files:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Ketteii

Ketteii Active Member

Sitting on that little edge in Nine Square is the same thing as being in Sweeper / Wipeout. It's cheating.
    Quoting an at-the-time full admin,
    There is likely an argument to be made that it's map exploit maybe, which I won't make.

Anything that is within the big courtyard that's immediately outside of cells is the cell area. A good example is mlcastle. As long as you don't pass the walls that define the hallways or outside area, you're fine.

3. Husky

Husky Well-Known Member

This is another one of those unwritten rules, Cheating isn't KOS imo. People like to say that for things like Obby/Climb/DR it's delaying/detouring and I see their point. However for minigames like 9squae/sweeper etc, warden would have to specify. You can't really say it's a map exploit since it doesn't give you a huge advantage as warden can just say Cheating is KOS and if you don't move you're to be killed. For things like Jailfort boat, going around the water will be exploiting as the map clearly wasn't supposed to be played like that.

Also this

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. Zeprus

Zeprus Trial Gameserver Admin
    Trial Gameserver Admin

Steam:
    You're supposed to sit on an invisible ledge in 9square?

5. Husky

Husky Well-Known Member

You're still participating in the minigame. Also on mlcastle the ledge is quite visible and either way it's not game breaking/round ruining. Like I said, warden can say no cheating anyways.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice