Declined y_regreso's US 2Fort Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y_COMIENZO

Donator
Hey there! I was known as cgpunk_ for a while, now I go by y_regreso.

SteamID32: STEAM_0:0:545152969

I'm 19 years old currently, though I am turning 20 rather soon...

My total playtime is 6d 16:04:56h, pasted directly from hlstats, though I'm not sure if that's split between my hightower time and 2fort time or just my 2fort time.

https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:545152969&Submit=Search (bans)
https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:545152969&Submit=Search (comm bans)

I'm applying for US | 2Fort, I'm able to be online from 4PM-11PM EST consistently; but on weekends that time stretches a bit more.
I have a working microphone, though I am not applying for jailbreak of course :p

I've owned Polandball Wiki for a few years now, and before that I've been a moderator on it for years as well.
I'm also currently serving the Canadian Armed Forces, if the leadership abilities that come from that can help in any way.

I believe I'm a suitable candidate, not the perfect candidate, but a suitable one.
I'm admittedly not confident in this application by any means, I have a very long history with Panda and to be honest I was a jerk for a long, long time.

With that being said, US 2Fort is my favorite server, and it feels like there's always issues there alongside low moderation with it's users; people are toxic in game, insulting each other, there's occasional cheaters, and it's not always easy to get a moderator on board when these things happen.

I want to help my favorite server overcome these things, and as an active player of Panda 2Fort I think I have what it takes to do so with my history of moderation and whatnot...
I will always play on Panda 2Fort whenever I play TF2, and I want to contribute to the server in a greater capacity; I'd like to be the person who's already there to catch the problem before it gets dramatic.

Thank you for your consideration!

Oh; I feel like I should elaborate more after someone brought this up to me on Discord.

Punishment times!

Toxic/insulting players would get warnings before starting off with short-term mutes (4-6hrs) before progressing into a 12-24hr mute if continued afterward; after that they would length from 3 days to a week, then a month; and so on.
Cheaters would get permanent bans on spot.

also want to bring up that I feel like my hlstats time could be inaccurate... it feels like I've played for a lot longer than a week total in playtime >_>

edit: more to follow on this!

and to be honest I was a jerk for a long, long time
1668290298628.png
1668290302800.png

there's context to that... the "noob down" bind i got from another person on the server, if it's not allowed/seen as toxic I'll totally cut that out, but nobody said anything

the messages sent to cocoa & boom were satirical, cocoa even said "i know" afterward and i was pocketing the two of them during the time those messages were sent. nothing serious, they didn't seem to take it seriously either.

edit: if the owner can unironically call me "retarded" over trivial reasons on the discord server, i think this is a valid explanation. just my two cents, though.

actually... I'm going to retract this application for the time being.

I can see it's going to go nowhere, there's still a lot of work I need to do before I can seriously consider applying.

Thank you for your consideration.

Hello,

it's nice to see more players applying for US 2Fort as the server needs more admins.
However I don't think you're a good fit. The screenshot above is part of the issue. You already said you will improve on it so I won't hold it against you any further but in general it makes me feel like you don't have a firm understanding of our rules yet otherwise it would've been fairly obvious to you that it's not allowed.
The biggest problem I have with you wanting to become an admin is your attitude. Most of my interactions with you have been ranging from unpleasant to borderline insulting. Whether it being in game, the forums or discord. You seem to always try to make amends for it afterwards by for example apologizing which is good but you shouldn't have to do that in the first place. There also seems to be trouble involving you on the server rather frequently which isn't a great sign. I'm not saying it's always your fault but there certainly must be something going on which causes that much conflict around you.
You were also very toxic not too long ago and I don't believe that you've changed significantly in such a short amount of time.
You still have a lot to improve before you could be considered suitable and I would recommend starting by reading our rules again.

Edit:
Applicant decided to retract their application.
Declined.
You may apply again in a month.

Reactions: Mikey
Hello,

it's nice to see more players applying for US 2Fort as the server needs more admins.
However I don't think you're a good fit. The screenshot above is part of the issue. You already said you will improve on it so I won't hold it against you any further but in general it makes me feel like you don't have a firm understanding of our rules yet otherwise it would've been fairly obvious to you that it's not allowed.
The biggest problem I have with you wanting to become an admin is your attitude. Most of my interactions with you have been ranging from unpleasant to borderline insulting. Whether it being in game, the forums or discord. You seem to always try to make amends for it afterwards by for example apologizing which is good but you shouldn't have to do that in the first place. There also seems to be trouble involving you on the server rather frequently which isn't a great sign. I'm not saying it's always your fault but there certainly must be something going on which causes that much conflict around you.
You were also very toxic not too long ago and I don't believe that you've changed significantly in such a short amount of time.
You still have a lot to improve before you could be considered suitable and I would recommend starting by reading our rules again.

actually... I'm going to retract this application for the time being.

I can see it's going to go nowhere, there's still a lot of work I need to do before I can seriously consider applying.

Thank you for your consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread