Accepted Xplosive/Justin's 2nd Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin | XplosiveAction

- Your name and/or nickname

Justin, Xplosive

- Your age

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)

I am older than 15 years old, and there are positions needed for NY JB

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)

STEAM_0:1:70404637

- Your general online times and your timezone

I am in the East Coast (NY, so EST), and on weekdays I play about 1 to 3 hours a day (average around 2), and on weekends usually 2-3 (when I am with my mom on the weekend I play less because I “have” to spend some time with her. When I get my driver’s license I’ll be able to visit her pretty much when I want. Divorced parents and all.)

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

I play on the NY JB (UK when the NY one is full sometimes), and the #13 FF2 Server, almost daily. I’m applying for the NY JB server, but I would gladly hop on another server to at the very least record a rule breaker.

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)

Yes ^^

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

As of about 4 years ago I have been involved in a couple of communities. One was Convict Gaming, which as of about a half a year ago has died out completely, the servers and website are gone (the site is just a black screen with a timer). I was an admin, and then a head admin, so I have experience with hiring admins, talking with other head admins to arrange events (which I know I wouldn’t be doing on JB but still valuable team-building), and punishing chat/voice spammers, hackers, exploiters, the like. I also even dealt with how to do web-bans and even IP bans.

Additionally, I’ve been able to see how the panda sourcebans menu looks like, as in, what info you need to put in to file a report (I know only full admins can use sourcebans for web-based punishments but it’s just that I know what the Ban Management panel looks like.)

The second group I was the first admin of, then co-owner, and then after returning from being away from steam for a while, I am a senior admin of RaffleSmash. It’s a large group, and while not as active as it once was, I am pretty much the most active admin there, also arranging events and being an entertaining person for the regulars that join (now my friends on steam ^^)

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

Yes, very much so. Both groups I was a part o involved an admin menu, heck I even got to experience RCON and a place similar to Panda’s SourceBans menu. That being said I know about JB admins having some form of “stealth mode”, but I don’t know if this is just going incognito with a name change and removing the admin tag, or if it’s an actual command. Nonetheless I know how to use SourceMod to remove/administer punishments.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

As an active person of the JB server, someone who has now become a regular member of the forums, reporting players (Travis can attest to this), and helping to enforce the rules and set a good example for the server (I’ve taken the blame for an accidental free kill, slaying myself the couple times I did right away, without argument), I can be a very useful member of the Panda Community staff. I think I honestly can be an enjoyable person to talk to, someone that people will be glad to see joining to help solve a situation, and someone who is reliable to be on when others may not be.

Also, I honestly do look at almost every unban request, and every report on the forums, to see how the staff responds to situations, in addition to re-reading the JB and Server rules recently.

Over the last month since applying, I have continued to report many players who have broken rules. Every report I have made has been accepted, and I have continued to enforce the rules and read the rules once a week. Travis suggested that I take a look at when he does something on the server and see what the player did that he punished them, and I have done that, even going as far as looking at sourcebans to see what punishments happened that day, and if chat-based, occasionally going to the server history to see what that player said that he gagged them for.

I firmly believe that this helps to show how active I have been on the forums and server, in addition to the fact that if I had the ability to, I can help to take care of just as many players in the future on the server, and when one admin is on vacation or just offline, having another admin can increase the chance of someone being online to take care of a rule breaker. I know this is pretty much obvious but I think it’s important to point out.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

I know well enough that in this community, for most things (not hacking), there are 6 punishments, with the 6th being a perm. I believe that these punishments are not too lenient but also not too far spaced apart.

Punishment List and Steps (some seem repetitive but it's just for my own convenience)

Insulting
x1 Warning
x2 360 minute mute/gag (might be less if insult was not so harsh for a 1st punishment)
x3 1440 minute mute/gag
x4 5760 minute mute/gag
x5 10080 minute mute/gag
x6 Permanent mute/gag
-Basically, a quarter of a day, a day, 4 days, a week, perm.

Insulting Via-Profile Name
x1 Warning followed by name change if not fixed
x2 1440 minute ban
x3 5760 minute ban
x4 7200 minute ban
x5 10080 minute ban
x6 Permanent ban

Spam In Chat (Excessive use of Caps, random text, or copy pasted text)
x1 Warning
x2 240 minute mute/gag
x3 480 minute mute/gag
x4 1440 minute mute/gag
x5 7200 minute mute/gag
x6 Permanent mute/gag

Spam In Voice (shouting, song playing, random noises, etc…)/Overtalking Warden/Admin
x1 Warning
x2 360 minute mute/gag
x3 1440 minute mute/gag
x4 5760 minute mute/gag
x5 10080 minute mute/gag
x6 Permanent mute/gag

Racism
x1 Warning
x2 240 minute mute/gag
x3 1440 minute mute/gag
x4 5760 minute mute/gag
x5 10080 minute mute/gag
x6 Permanent mute/gag

Hacking
x1 Permanent Ban (there is no exception)

Exploiting
x1 240 min ban
x2 480 min ban
x3 1440 min ban
x4 10080 min ban
x5 20160 min ban
x6 Permanent ban

Being On Blue (Guards) Without a Working Mic
x1 Permanent Ban From Blue (Guards), until they verify their mic in the server or via an appeal on the forums.

Failed Warden/AFK On Blue (Not giving orders, giving false orders, orders that break a rule, slaying self, etc…)
x1 Warning/Slay
x2 240 minute ban from Guards
x3 480 minute ban from Guards
x4 1440 minute ban from Guards
x5 5760 minute ban from Guards
x6 Permanent ban from Guards

Free killing/Team killing (if not on purpose, only a slay, depends on how often they do it)
x1 240 minute ban from Guards
x2 480 minute ban from guards
x3 1440 minute ban from Guards
x4 5760 minute ban from Guards
x5 10080 minute ban from Guards

Mass Freekilling (intentional)
x1 10080 minute ban from Guards
x2 20160 minute ban from Guards
x3 Permanent ban from Guards

Mass Freekilling (accidental)
x1 720 minute ban from Guards
x2 1440 minute ban from guards
x3 10080 minute ban from Guards
x4 Permanent ban from Guards

Sabotaging A Round (causing a freekill/rule to be broken, pressing a button when told not to/without wardens permission)
x1 240 minute ban from Guards
x2 480 minute ban from guards
x3 1440 minute ban from Guards
x4 5760 minute ban from Guards
x5 10080 minute ban from Guards

Denying (reasonable) LR’s
x1 warning to do the LR/slay if doors are not open yet
x2 120 minute ban from guards
x3 480 minute ban from Guards
x4 1440 minute ban from Guards
x5 5760 minute ban from Guards

Baiting
x1 Warning/Slay
x2 240 minute guard ban
x3 720 minute guard ban
x4 1440 minute guard ban
x5 10080 minute guard ban
x6 Permanent guard ban

Inappropriate Spray
x1 Warning
x2 Permanent Spray Ban

Additionally, I think it is fair that if someone is breaking TWO rules at once (example, spamming something racist) that I would choose the higher of the two punishments in terms of time, and use that.

Thanks for reading my application, I hope to be as much of a help to the community as I can be. :)

Everyone needs to stop posting on this thread and leave it to the admins unless your post is useful. Thanks.

EDIT from Lighty: cba making my own reply Removed useless replies

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted.

Due to there is no gameserver admins on JB NY your mentor will be @Madact since she have previous experience in mentoring.

Edit by Madact: Justin has requested his mentor is changed to Roar, since I'm not on jailbreak anymore this is accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread