Declined Why not enable replays? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you want the replay system and what advantages does it give over demos? Can you put more effort to your suggestion rather than saying "Add this please".

Anyways, I added a poll but I doubt this will pass.

what advantages does it give over demos?
While demos only record the players POV, replays record the players life. Meaning it can be viewed in different angles which could be useful for reports or cool moments.
They’re also way easier to use than demos.
Also you don’t need to start recording beforehand, just press a button when something happens and you got it.

I don’t really care about this suggestion lol but yeah.

Yeah, if it passes great, it's useful. If it doesn't, bummer, but not life ending.

While demos only record the players POV, replays record the players life. Meaning it can be viewed in different angles which could be useful for reports or cool moments.
There is a drive button for demos that freecams the pov. If they only record the players life, then I would only take demos as it is constantly recording.

Also you don’t need to start recording beforehand, just press a button when something happens and you got it.
You do realize there is an autorecord demo right? There is specifically a guide for that.

They’re also way easier to use than demos.
They both suck. Honestly if this gets implemented I doubt it will get hardly used since only use is to get that one achievement.

Whenever I need to record something in TF2 I typically use Bandicam (I purchased the full version which removes the watermark up top) to get the footage I need.

Adding replays to a server will cause 1 slot in it to be always taken. Meaning a 24 slot server will only be able to hold 23 players. They also are pretty resource intensive causing servers to lag and such.

• Agree
Reactions: ballsack
Just add 1 more player slot
That's pretty hard to do on 32 slot servers considering that tf2's hard limit for player slots is 32 (if you see servers with 33 slots that means they are running sourcetv which brings with it more problems not to mention but the 33rd slot isn't useable)
Also for a big server hoster resources shouldn't be too much of a problem (
Yet valve server's don't have them. They simply aren't worth the increased stress on server hardware, as especially when many people record at once it causes major strain to the server machine.

Reactions: Kazzy
fact wise valve disabled the option to off-load the replay demos via FTP to a different server so there's the way i would've wanted it to work.
i'm not going to run a webserver on a gameserver machine hence we wont be able to supply replay functionality sadly.

32 is the max amount of players a server can have if I remember correctly, anymore than that would crash people’s games.

This is useless in my opinion

1653188935881.png

i'm not going to run a webserver on a gameserver machine hence we wont be able to supply replay functionality sadly.
Sadly if Kevin isn't going to implement this into servers then the suggestion will have to be declined sadly. Plus poll results is majority nos.
Onward!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread