Which secondary weapon is from your view the best for pyro? (1 Viewer)

Which secondary type would you pick when playing pyro?

• Shotgun (Default, bullet spread)

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Flaregun (Projectile-gun)

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Gas Passer (Throw equipment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maxel

Well since I saw many debates about players (Including pyro mains) discussing which secondary type fits most for gameplay, I'm curious what your view would be about it. I rather use projectile secondaries such as the Flaregun. But ofc I do sometimes switch between weapons, including shotgun to keep fun challanges up.

But when it comes between PvP and MvM, I personally always use the Gas passer in MvM due to the explosion buffs.

gas passer is only good for mvm, terrible everywhere else (can be considered the worst weapon in the game) personally I either use the panic attack or scorch shot (booo asshole pyro) but I'm liking the panic attack a lot lately

Love my shotgun! Spray them with the default flamer then finish with the shotty

i like flare but i have not played in like 1month but I think I would stick to my flare gun

Detonator is effectively the best for dps and it's not even an option :(

The Detonator Flaregun to piss off enemy snipers easily

scorch shot does too lol, probably even more so

I normally just switch them from time to time,here’s what I think about pryo’s secondaries

Shotgun: Better to kill enemies that are running away then the panic attack,however cannot compensate pyro’s weakness to longer ranges
Reserve shorter: Nobody uses it
Panic attack: Good on paper but I feel kinda meh because you mostly deal 40-50 dmg and combo pyro rly isn’t that great now
Flair gun: Can’t aim
Det: Pretty hard but fun,would argue is a better combo to phlog than scotch shot
Jetpack: Not strong,but sometimes fun to mess around
Mann melter: :)
Gass passer:
NO
Scortch shot:
NO

In conclusion: Your secondary simply depends on whether you want to be more powerful in close or medium range,or you can just adjust your loadout to the current map accordingly(For example I use prefer using shotguns on upward last because it’s more cluster phobic. But on swiftwater first I mostly use flair types since there’s more long range combat going on)

And as for specific uses I just follow the thoughts above and pick the one that fits my current mindset

Get ready for Adam's Review Post.​

THE SHOTGUN

htcp.png

A powerful opponent in close to mid-range combat, it carries 6 loaded ammo and 30 reserve ammo! 9-90 damage at point-blank range, 6-60 at close-range, and 3-30 at long-range.
What makes it truly fearful is the fact that each shot is reloaded within 1 second! 0.5 seconds for each consecutive shot! Hell, it even shoots 10 pellets for each shot you make!
Whether you're a Pyro, a Heavy, an Engineer, or a Soldier, it is truly useful, let's take in some examples:

• When you're a Pyro, it's useful when your enemy is out of your flamethrower range, or you just wanna be brutal and finish them off with that! Fire + Shotgun and you can momento mori the poor fella.
• What abut when you're a heavy? Have you ever been in a situation when there's literal hellfire and there's not enough time to spin your 900,000 dollar minigun? You also got the shotgun for that! You wanna run, jump, and shoot? The shotgun's here!
• Poor Engineer only has a shotgun, so sad.. Hell no it's not, it's a damn wombo combo when you're working with a sentry, or shooting that disguise mask off a Spy!
• "A Soldier needs a shotgun? He has a literal rocket launcher." Save that speech to yourself! Find an average Soldier player and when he runs out of rockets, you'll be surprised to see him switch to our featured gun! Or if there's an annoying Pyro that airblasts his rockets back to his face.

THE FLARE GUN

2e09.png

Now, I'm going to sound like I'm biased, but this gun is truly terrible. You can carry only one shot (obviously), and it reloads within two seconds.
However, if you get a shot with the flare gun, holy gun, it's pretty damn satisfying. It's base damage is 30, and the afterburn is 7.5 seconds! A robust opponent when it also comes to finishing your opponent off.
But if you're not a good enough aimer, you can kiss that gun goodbye and throw it out to the Pacific Ocean.

THE GAS PASSER

sjd1.png

MvM or it's a no-show.

Use the Shotgun, not the Flare Gun.

Users who are viewing this thread