When Was The Last Time You Saw A Trade Suggestion? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chae

Donator
So long story short, I've been occasionally seeing some suggestion that I've recommended should go to forums by those that suggested ( to no avail) and will try in their spirit and attempt to make some of their suggestions into reality. I'll address these suggestion in popularity ( amount of times I heard someone remark about it).
I'm planning on the future to apply for the server, but I just want to voice some of the grievances that I have heard since my duration spent on the server ( might not come to fruition due to me going back to school so I can move from being an RN to a BSN.

1. Dead Server/ Punishment System.
• Mainly due to the server only having two dedicated admin ( a full game server admin and a trial); the best solution would have regulars that would be willing to apply and be able to fit the mold of a trial.
• It seems like the server is either "dead" as in having no players or the sound of a forest whenever you join ( with the occasional hackers)
- I can't really see a solution as most server is a hit or miss [besides EU JB #RipEUJailBreak] in terms of its player base and active timezone.

2. The Voting System and /calladmin
• Primarily argued due to THAT message of voice_enable_0 on NY Trade and that /calladmin "doesn't do anything"
- Hackers/ players; it can be abused, especially if a group of friends join the server and want to kick someone or mute someone. Hence why it wasn't enabled in the first place and in NY Trade there's only two admins
- Again, only two admins

3. Fun/ Quirks (Enabling Grappling Hooks & /taunts & /kson [ but for everyone])
• Cmon, really?
- For real though, I've mostly heard about the idea of enabling grappling hook so people can fly to the top without being harassed/ camped ( but seriously, that seems a little excessive and may be a little chaotic).
- As for the /taunt and /kson it is argued that, "... in xxx server they have /taunts in every server and I can have my kill streak effect without the need to donate to a server" which isn't very a valid point by comparing one server to another.

4. Fixing the (B) & (S) as well as any possible bugs in the server.
• At least for NY Trade ( Idk about Trade #25)
- It's not working; personally it seems like a minute problem since those same people, come to the trade server to micspam/ "tryhard" and no trade so that kind of defeats the purpose.[/S][/B]

Voting system would be a no. It's been brought up and always ended up failing. Besides I don't think Kevin would want it.
Grappling Hooks where suggested by someone called Puddin at the time. They ended up getting rejected...Believe this was back in 2017 though.

Yeah I've heard some trade commands are broken, particularly from @Magglet . Is there any list of these? I know radio is not working so that needs to go up.

• Agree
Reactions: Chae and TBotV63
Id be happy to go and test any commands that may no longer work.

Can I just say I would literally never play panda trade again if they added grappling hooks. Have you ever played on the Eu trade. We have some incredibly decent snipers at least imo and its hard enough trying to pick them off, Let alone giving them a movement tool that is like a rocket jump on steriods. Im not sure what NY trades server is like. But we get huge quantities of try hards and this would ruin the server for alot of them.

• Agree
Reactions: PNN and TBotV63
About your lack of admin problem. Can I suggest you get an application out asap. Not to slander kvn or the team but it takes alot of time to get people through atm. Your clearly a worth applicant your far cleaner and more suited to the admin role that I was when I was applying, and you would make a great admin IMO, however my word isn't worth much but I am sure others feel the same.

@Madact not sure if you found out if applying for one trade server gets you power on both or? Cos that would seem logical

Id be happy to go and test any commands that may no longer work.
Same to be honest, I'm sort of ignorant about most of the trade exclusive commands besides toggling trade chat and (b) and (s) command.

Can I just say I would literally never play panda trade again if they added grappling hooks. Have you ever played on the Eu trade. We have some incredibly decent snipers at least imo and its hard enough trying to pick them off, Let alone giving them a movement tool that is like a rocket jump on steriods. Im not sure what NY trades server is like. But we get huge quantities of try hards and this would ruin the server for alot of them.
Sometimes when I visit EU Trade it's decently populated early in the morning when NY trade is inactive. For the most part NY Trade is chilled and mostly an individual gets "triggered" when they get killed by a sniper or swap to sniper after getting killed ( snipers a "decent" for the most part and sniper wars isn't as common).

About your lack of admin problem. Can I suggest you get an application out asap. Not to slander kvn or the team but it takes alot of time to get people through atm.
Your clearly a worth applicant your far cleaner and more suited to the admin role that I was when I was applying, and you would make a great admin IMO, however my word isn't worth much but I am sure others feel the same.
I'm around 2 days an 2 hours. Still need approximately 22 more hours before I can apply; I'm still thinking of applying but don't know if it's necessarily needed to immediately apply once I hit the threshold for minimum hours to apply ( I think it'd be more appropriate for going over the minimum requirement of 3 days as I've been slowly visiting EU Trade in very small sessions+ with the new applicants I hope most the reports can be dealt with if they get accepted and are guided in the trial process). I'll continue to aid with reporting for the meantime.

Okay, I have done some command testing of all commands I know are available on this EU trade server,

Currently Not working properly

/trade- Is able to select target but when it asks to go press esc to confirm doesn't show anything
/bp - Works to an extent, but after using it on one person it sometimes doesn't allow you to change sometimes
/pc - Is inaccurate, doesn't update and strongly recommend to just remove this as it creates server lag when updating.

Other commands available to donator I cannot check but I assume they work fine as they are working elsewhere.

Thanks for your time. Magglet

• Informative
Reactions: Madact and Chae
Hello, it's me, I finally remembered to reply.

1. Dead Server/ Punishment System.
• Mainly due to the server only having two dedicated admin ( a full game server admin and a trial); the best solution would have regulars that would be willing to apply and be able to fit the mold of a trial.
• It seems like the server is either "dead" as in having no players or the sound of a forest whenever you join ( with the occasional hackers)
- I can't really see a solution as most server is a hit or miss [besides EU JB #RipEUJailBreak] in terms of its player base and active timezone.
Pretty much what you said already, the best and only solution is to have people apply. No can do about the server being dead at times, we can't force people to connect.

2. The Voting System and /calladmin
• Primarily argued due to THAT message of voice_enable_0 on NY Trade and that /calladmin "doesn't do anything"
- Hackers/ players; it can be abused, especially if a group of friends join the server and want to kick someone or mute someone. Hence why it wasn't enabled in the first place and in NY Trade there's only two admins
- Again, only two admins
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
TLDR; Not going to happen, sorry.

3. Fun/ Quirks (Enabling Grappling Hooks & /taunts & /kson [ but for everyone])
• Cmon, really?
- For real though, I've mostly heard about the idea of enabling grappling hook so people can fly to the top without being harassed/ camped ( but seriously, that seems a little excessive and may be a little chaotic).
- As for the /taunt and /kson it is argued that, "... in xxx server they have /taunts in every server and I can have my kill streak effect without the need to donate to a server" which isn't very a valid point by comparing one server to another.
Introducing sm_taunt or any other command that gives access to cosmetics/unusual effects etc on a trade server sounds like a terrible idea to me. You're pretty much removing the point of exactly what the server is about. I don't see sm_kson moving from donator to everyone either, sorry. Though here I do see the point if you want to show a killstreak effect to another player. Then again, getting 10 kills isn't the worlds hardest challenge. Especially as an experienced player that wears pro KS items.
As for the hooks: Thread 1, Thread 2
I still agree that it would be a fun addition. But the arguments against it are too strong I believe. Mainly that you're removing most of the challenge from the parcours and turn sniper into an unstoppable killing machine.

4. Fixing the (B) & (S) as well as any possible bugs in the server.
• At least for NY Trade ( Idk about Trade #25)
- It's not working; personally it seems like a minute problem since those same people, come to the trade server to micspam/ "tryhard" and no trade so that kind of defeats the purpose.[/S][/B]
I don't remember [B] and [S] ever being a thing, and I don't know where that server announcement came from all of the sudden either. When you're saying "any possible bugs" do you have anything specific in mind? Since just saying 'fix all bugs' is a pretty unhelpful suggestion.

Reactions: Chae and Magglet
Hello, it's me, I finally remembered to reply.

I don't remember [B] and [S] ever being a thing, and I don't know where that server announcement came from all of the sudden either. When you're saying "any possible bugs" do you have anything specific in mind? Since just saying 'fix all bugs' is a pretty unhelpful suggestion.

I'm a goofball, I was reading the messages on the server and one of them was , "[Panda] Use B (Buy) and S (Sell) prefixes in your trade messages. And please avoid using caps-lock!" and it didn't occur to me that it was talking about the trade command :v ( on the side note, I sometimes don't see people in the game chat but in console; I don't know if that's a bug or if it's something on my end).

On the side note; People are apparently brought to an error page when using /help and sometimes when I do it, it says that commands are in console but aren't listed.

Okay, I have done some command testing of all commands I know are available on this EU trade server,

Currently Not working properly

/trade- Is able to select target but when it asks to go press esc to confirm doesn't show anything
/bp - Works to an extent, but after using it on one person it sometimes doesn't allow you to change sometimes
/pc - Is inaccurate, doesn't update and strongly recommend to just remove this as it creates server lag when updating.

Other commands available to donator I cannot check but I assume they work fine as they are working elsewhere.

Thanks for your time. Magglet

The commands listed here, that's all that needs fixing? Making sure now before putting up the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread