What's your opinion about the Scorch Shot? (1 Viewer)

Maxel

Been lately seeing many diffirent posts about that gun on social plattforms, people commenting very diffirently about it. sure it has been nothing new as a topic, but so far I never you asked you people about it, so I wonder what you all think of that gun.

It's another weapon option in the game, people use it how they like to just like the other secondary options. Just the stigma around it is generally negative even though it has utilities of course being another secondary option that burns the enemy outside of the flare gun, detonator, or manmelter. Generally I see view it as the same conversation as the idea of soldiers shooting rockets in the ground instead of directly at the enemy it's just reliable damage ( chip damage in the sense of the scorch shot). In general I don't really see anything bad about it, maybe annoying at most in certain cases. In the end of the day, it's just another weapon option in the game and you shouldn't let others dictate what you use or how you play.

Reactions: Matth
Even though I absolutely hate Pyro and haven't played him a lot, what I can say is that Scorch Shot may be OP, since it can set multiple players on fire, it can even kill 125 hp classes with single shot, if that shot hits them directly, and if the same shot bounces again on the same person. ..but I've played most of the time either flare gun or detonator, so I guess, it depends.

And for me, Flare gun will be the better alternative, because if the enemy is set on fire, and you shot him, most likely easy kill. Also it's very good for jumps in VSH/FF2, while Scorch Shot is pretty bad at this.

I don't think the way the damage is calculated makes a lot of sense. According to the tf2 wiki if a flare from the scorch shot hits a player then the flare will bounce off of that player and explode meaning a player hit directly by a scorch shot will be hit once directly by the flare, and once by the subsequent explosion. The players will also be ignited both times, so afterburn actually lasts slightly longer if a player is hit with the scorch shot directly. Also since the weapon mini-crits burning players, and the first hit will ignite a player, the subsequent explosion will always be a mini-crit and cause mini crit afterburn. Although I've never tested it, theoretically this causes inconsistent damage which probably needs to be changed. Also because of this double-hit effect a direct scorch shot actually does more damage than the flare gun, detonator and mann melter when directly hitting a player that isn't on fire. That doesn't seem right since the weapon seems to be designed with splash damage in mind. I gathered all this from interpreting what the wiki says and my limited experience using the weapon so if I'm wrong please correct me.

fuck that gun annoying shit weapon hurrrrr

• Agree
Reactions: Nowtoad
The Detonator is far more deadlier and more mobile but people seem to hate on the Scorch Shot because its more friendly to use for the pyro, Everything the Scorch Shot does the detonator does better, Except in certain cases like getting rid of stickies.

its funny really, People will praise you when you play with the detonator and then shit on ya for playing the scorch shot.

People will always find ways to hate on the Pyro despite the class being mostly alright, I honestly don’t think the weapon needs a nerf, If they’re gonna change any flare secondary it should be the Manmelter, That thing needs a buff.

• Agree
Reactions: Chermal
I think the name "scorch shit" is pretty well earned. All I ever see it used for is spamming chokes and corners to ruin everyone's fun on the server. Even worse, I've seen a decent amount run phlog-scorch with a medic attached to them because that's fun, watching them get crits almost instantly because of that stupid flare gun. Basically I find it incredibly unfun to fight against as it rewards brainless spamming and makes playing my favorite class (scout) horrible because it is really hard to dodge in the tight areas you often see it and is guaranteed to remove almost half your health (or more) in the fight. It's also boring to play, as it doesn't require and reward accuracy from the user, just spam down a choke. If you can't tell I don't like this weapon.

Reactions: UberMedicFully
My opinion is about as:

Jesus christ please stop spamming me with the scorch,I just wanna move and not be stuck on the same spot for 5 seconds dying from the afterburn

Eyyo, pyro main here

uhh
scorch shot is- kinda bad?
the stock flare gun can already knock people flying along with huge burst damage potential, the detonator sends you flying and is pretty satisfying to use, manmelter is strong when there are a ton of pyros on the other team, and scorch shot?
haven't ever really used it too much meself but- aa I'll go try it out in casual for a little and see how it feels

I personally like the scorch shot for mainly 1 reason, the double hit/knockback. basically getting a free semi-stun/knockback hit on someone can be extremely useful for getting closer, punishing over extenders or punishing ubers. if im not using it, im using the panic attack with degreaser, or playing VSH/FF2. its uses are just extremely helpful

It's great for pissing off snipers on 2fort :D
that too, great at pissing everyone off. the knockback it does it just too useful (also hilarious to see ubered medics getting knocked away from their partner)

that too, great at pissing everyone off. the knockback it does it just too useful (also hilarious to see ubered medics getting knocked away from their partner)
snipers cant even peek for like 0.5 seconds when a pyro is spamming with a scorch shot lmao

• Agree
Reactions: Spam Goose
We do a little trolling LOL

Attachments

• Team Fortress 2 2021-08-13 18-43-21_Trim.mp4
    8.5 MB
I personally like the scorch shot for mainly 1 reason, the double hit/knockback. basically getting a free semi-stun/knockback hit on someone can be extremely useful for getting closer, punishing over extenders or punishing ubers. if im not using it, im using the panic attack with degreaser, or playing VSH/FF2. its uses are just extremely helpful
This is what I mean, people that use it to troll others and make playing the game unfun. Because stunlock mechanics are fun

This is what I mean, people that use it to troll others and make playing the game unfun. Because stunlock mechanics are fun
If you get stunlocked by a scorch shot that's on you, I've never done that to someone or have it done to me. because you do have space between the second hit and the pyro shooting the other one to dodge (and also there is a small space when the 1st shot hits you, you are able to dodge the second hit)

• Agree
Reactions: Zee

Users who are viewing this thread