What is "client disconnect" and why is it happening to me? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semicolon Backslash

Mapper
Contributor
EDIT: As of 2023 I believe this has been fixed, I will leave this thread here just in case this error returns but most of this information is now obsolete.

In another one of valve's horrible attempts at fixing the bot issue, they replaced all disconnect reasons with "client disconnect".

This means that instead of getting a reason for your disconnect such as "Timed out" or "Banned by an administrator" you simply get "Client Disconnect"
This also means we are unable to determine why you are being repeatedly kicked. Below are most of the possible reasons you can be client disconnected.

Server is full or The only slot left is the reserved donator/admin slot
You are banned
You have an unusual name containing weird symbols
The server is being updated
The server has not updated to the latest build of tf2
You spammed a bind
Your internet connection is unstable

If you believe you have been banned, you can check by searching your steam username or steam32id on our sourcebans. if you are banned you can appeal here.

Last edited:
In the latest patch, valve has readded the ability to see disconnect reasons although you may have to manually re-enable them.

To view disconnect reasons again simply enter the following command into your console/autoexec.cfg

net_disconnect_reason 1

Its best to put this in an autoexec.cfg file as otherwise it will reset to 0 every time you launch the game. If you are unsure of how to make an autoexec.cfg there's plenty of tutorials online on how to make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread