What Did You Grow Up With? (1 Viewer)

Justin | XplosiveAction

I thought this might be a fun neat little idea just to stir up some discussion and nostalgia. So here is a form that I would like anyone 1st commenting to fill out just to help you reminisce about the good times when you were a kid.

What was your first...
Handheld Console?
Non-Handheld Console?
Mobile Phone?
Cartoon show(s)?
PC Game?

If you have any other first's or things you grew up with, share them below as well! :)

Reactions: Inkticious
I grew up with

1, Playstation 2 - Xbox 360
2, Gameboy (Kirby)
3, A shitty one
4, Ben 10 (lmao cx)
5, Minecraft

I grew up with no dad ez

I thought this might be a fun neat little idea just to stir up some discussion and nostalgia. So here is a form that I would like anyone 1st commenting to fill out just to help you reminisce about the good times when you were a kid.

What was your first...
Handheld Console?
Non-Handheld Console?
Mobile Phone?
Cartoon show(s)?
PC Game?

If you have any other first's or things you grew up with, share them below as well! :)
my first handheld: GameBoy Advance Sp Pikachu Edition, DS, PSP.
my firtst non-handheld: PS2, GameCube, Wii, An Old Atari Console, My Dad's Bootleg Plug And Play
First Phone:A Shitty Android That I Loved
Cartoons: Ready..? Go, Chowder, Rocko's Modern Life,Jhonny Test, Super Mario Brothers Super Show, El Tegray, Kick Buttowski, theres so many to name from my childhood, probably because i was born when 90's cartoons started being ""modern"" cartons.
First Pc Game: Roblox, I Think.

First handheld console was a PSP. It was given to me in 2009, and is still (barely) alive.

Non-handheld console, I would say a PS2 but since it was my brother's (although we would both play it all the time) I'm gonna go with the wii, and came with both wii sports and wii sports resort. Was also given to me in 2009.

My first phone ever was a nokia 2650.
hvq3.jpg

Can't remember what my first cartoon show was, but I remember watching Cartoon Network all the time. And my favourite one was Courage the Cowardly Dog.

First PC game and my all time first game ever was Re-volt.

I mostly just played PC games, and only started playing console games a bit later on (when my brother got his PS2). Stuff from Harry Potter games, to Simpsons hit & run, Sonic Heroes, THUG 2, GTA SA, etc. My dad used to "magically" get our PC games for free. Only when I grew older I realized he would just pirated them off the internet :p

Last edited:
I didn't have a handheld console nor do I have one rn :/ ,

for my first non-handheld console, I just played on my big brother's xbox 360 together, but when I was like 8 I got my own 360,

my first mobile phone was a nokia something, it was small, but with a touchscreen, I was stupid and didn't know how to download games on it sadly,

I watched all cartoons on cartoon network, but the most I remember was Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends or The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy <3,

Pc game: I only played games on y8.com or the games that my dad bought me from a store, but I loved em anyways <3

My first handheld console was a Nintendo DSi, it didn't last long because 1 year later it looked dirty so I tried "cleaning" it. Silly me. I later got another DSi then upgraded to an Aqua Blue 3DS. Then the 3DS broke down and I got a black 3DS XL, I still use it today.

My first console was a red Nintendo Wii, it came with Wii Sports and New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I loved it. I later got a Wii U in early 2013 and sold my Wii in 2015. I now have my Switch and Wii U on deploy.

I didn't get a fucking mobile phone until last year. AND IT WAS A SAMSUNG GALAXY S III FROM MY DAD. Luckily for me, someone at school broke my phone (I thanked them) and I got a new phone. It's a Samsung Galaxy J6. I don't like Apple phones.

I grew up watching LEGO Ninjago, and all the 80s and 90s Mario shows because my Mom bought them on disc. I later got into Doctor Who late 2013. I mainly stayed around Cartoon Network until Teen Titans GO took over the channel, but by that time I had stopped watching TV and moved to Amazon Prime and Netflix.

Ok, I believe my first "game" was a Tic Tac Toe game downloaded off the Windows Store. I was exposed to PC gaming at around the time of 2011 with Minecraft Youtubers. I cannot really say for sure what my real first game was. My friend showed my TF2 in 2012, along with exposing me to ROBLOX, and allowing me to get on his Minecraft account throughout the year. After I moved in 2013, my parents allowed me to get a ROBLOX account and a Minecraft account. I also played those "Pokemon Tower Defense" games, they are so well made and I recommend you guys give them a try. After being bored of ROBLOX and Minecraft, I decided to search for some new games. I then came across Steam on October 5, 2015. 10 year old Geronimo was excited and made an account using his email. I looked through Steam's games to try to find a game that I would like. Then I re-encountered Team Fortress 2...

My favorite video game would have to be Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

So far, from Kindergarten through 7th, my favorite school year was 6th grade.

Nintendo ds (recently failed repairing it)
Nintendo wii (succesfully repaired it’
Iphone 5 (short circuited in my bag havent had a phone since)
I honestly don’t remember my first cartoon that I watched (not a big tv person)

1: My first handheld console was a Nintendo Gameboy Advanced SP in silver. My friend had a black one I wanted so bad.
2: My first non-handheld console was the xBox 1. The old one. The big black box with a green xbox logo, that came with a decent size controller and a huge ass controller that was meant for adults. Was way too big for my tiny 8 year old hands.
3: My first phone was the Siemens M55. And after that I somehow managed to get a downgrade, to an old ass Nokia with an antenna, and a green/black display.
13_08_13_pic_245.jpg

4: The very first cartoon I remember watching was this scary shit.
b8ebeb38a54683b6d115b1b5da1762ed.jpeg

this the scariest shit of all time. Haunted me in my sleep.
Omg.png

5: And my first PC game was RollerCoaster Tycoon 3. What a legendary game.

I grew up with an xbox-360 with that good black ops 1 and 2 on it, also with a DS with all the pokemons.
The first game on pc i played was probably the binding of isaac or minecraft, i grew up in the times of spongboob, but i mostly watched Drake and Josh and iCarly and other live-action bullshit, i used to watch adventure time only when i was at my gradma's house.

Now i think about it, i watch a lot more cartoons than i did when i was young, even more with all the animes and other weeby things.

I grew up with an xbox-360 with that good black ops 1 and 2 on it, also with a DS with all the pokemons.
The first game on pc i played was probably the binding of isaac or minecraft, i grew up in the times of spongboob, but i mostly watched Drake and Josh and iCarly and other live-action bullshit, i used to watch adventure time only when i was at my gradma's house.

Now i think about it, i watch a lot more cartoons than i did when i was young, even more with all the animes and other weeby things.
What did you find entertaining about the live action stuff I find that odd lol

• Agree
Reactions: Falkì
Handheld: Nintendo DS (Super Mario 64 DS, New Super Mario Bros.)
Non-Handheld: PS2 (Jak and Daxter), Xbox 360 (Wayyyyy too many games to count.)
First Phone: Alcatel One Touch
Cartoon: Courage the Cowardly Dog, Chowder, Ed, Edd, n Eddy, Spongebob
PC Game: Roblox, then TF2, then Gmod, and so on and so forth

Reactions: Falkì
I grew up with:

Videogames:
A Nintendo Gamecube.
A Sega Dreamcast.

I played a lot of Sonic Adventure 2 since that was my all time favorite game.

Some other lesser known games on the Dreamcast I played:
Pen Pen Triiceleon
Chu Chu Rocket
Tech Romancer

TV Shows:
As a baby, I loved Teletubbies and Thomas the Tank Engine
As a child, I loved Sonic X, Yu-Gi-Oh! (OG and GX)
I remember lots of other shows too as a child that no one probably remembers
Some other shows I remember watching a lot:
Rugrats
Ed Edd n Eddy
My Life as a Teenage Robot
a few others I cannot quite remember

I didn't have a handheld console nor do I have one rn :/ ,

for my first non-handheld console, I just played on my big brother's xbox 360 together, but when I was like 8 I got my own 360,

my first mobile phone was a nokia something, it was small, but with a touchscreen, I was stupid and didn't know how to download games on it sadly,

I watched all cartoons on cartoon network, but the most I remember was Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends or The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy <3,

Pc game: I only played games on y8.com or the games that my dad bought me from a store, but I loved em anyways <3
Fosters and Billy & Mandy!!!! Ayyeeee

Video Games Consoles:
Nintendo ds
Wii
Ps2 (favourite :D)

Video Games:
Wii sports
Pokemon diamond
Tomb raider
And more

Tv shows:
Pokemon
Pingu
Can’t remember a lot of them

Zoo Tycoon. Fable. Diablo II. Soul Calibur II. Age of Empires II. Empire Earth. Great games.

handheld console...Nin10doh lite
non handheld... ps2
möbile: probably iphone
cartoon show.............cant remember,nickelodeon should be enough
PC game,i think it was some train sim

Handheld Console: PSP
Non-Handheld Console: PS2
Mobile Phone: Nokia cant remember which version.
Cartoon show(s): Hard to say but it was most likely ben 10, star wars clone wars(use to watch this every episode when it started showing in tv), johnny bravo, dexter's laboratory,Scooby doo, The Fairly OddParents( use to love this cartoon) , Ed, Edd n Eddy ( most funniest cartoon) ,Samurai Jack and a lot more I forgot about.
PC Game: I was into fps games at first so it might be halo 1.(I cant remember that far back)

Last edited:
I grew up with:
> a gameboy
> did had a non-handheld console but i played on my friends PS2 tekken 5 or 4 and street figter 3 (imma a big fighting games fan)
>SAMSUNG SGH-J700i
>inuyasha, Detective Conan, spongebob
>Harry Potter 2, Hitman 2, Mafia1, Neverhood

Users who are viewing this thread