Declined [Forum] we should make folders for maps used on the server (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinky_enby

there's currently no folders of maps on panda.tf and downloading maps while joining the server barely works. but we should at least have separate folders for separate server maps

It wouldnt be too difficult for anyone to make the folder for the server and just hand it over to kevin to make it public

Panda's fdl server is weird and not easily accessible. If instead it was hosted on the same machine as the website it would be as simple as navigating to the fdl address in browser and you could see every single map on every panda server

About this I have spoken to kevin about it and he is concerned about making all of panda's maps accessible for mass download

I have offered to do the list , would make sense that I'm the one to do it. I don't believe it will come from panda's fdl but from external sources or via some file sharing.
So example from game banana or whatever link i can make myself by downloading the maps myself off of dead server counterparts to the active ones via me changing the maps.

There is better way of doing this I know, but if we want it done it's the best option for it.

It's a great idea, having some download access to download all maps, mods, textures and sounds packed into zip files, can be good for players who won't wait until game download all required files to connect to server. Imagine installing fresh copy of TF2 and connecting to all Panda servers or even more to download all stuff. With file server you could download everything at once to save all time (but this is only my opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread