Was this speed-increasing thing intended? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seelkadoom

I was trying some awkward movements and all of a sudden I pulled this off. It's pretty difficult to do it consistently but if you do it right, you'll gain a great amount of speed just like the bhop before the last one. you have to time a perfect crouch just exactly before landing after each jump in order to do it.

Here's a YT video showing it:

They changed how it works, what you are experiencing here is intentional. Strafing excessively is what increses your speed, the crouching is negligible.

And I forgot to state that this has been recorded by me today which means after the last bhop remove.
They changed how it works, what you are experiencing here is intentional. Strafing excessively is what increses your speed, the crouching is negligible.
I pretty much tried most source engine versions including CS:S, TF2, CS:GO. bhop on CS:S has a very noticable effect, same for CS:GO but it's hard to pull off. throughout my entire 2.8K hours on TF2, I never saw someone do a consistent bhop. air strafing has an extremely minimal effect on valve servers and other community servers. Although I tried doing air strafes with well-timed jumps, I couldn't gain as much speed as this.

Hi @Seelkadoom ,
We added a new bhop plugin last night on the Deathrun server and we are currently checking to see if everyone likes it. The speed boost you get is intentional but we're still working on it. You don't need to crouch in order to gain the speed boost: you can do it just by jumping normally. I don't know much about what's going on currently as it is Kevin who is taking care of the plugin and admins who test it out for him.

Hi @Seelkadoom ,
We added a new bhop plugin last night on the Deathrun server and we are currently checking to see if everyone likes it. The speed boost you get is intentional but we're still working on it. You don't need to crouch in order to gain the speed boost: you can do it just by jumping normally. I don't know much about what's going on currently as it is Kevin who is taking care of the plugin and admins who test it out for him.
Very pleasing to hear. I thought this was just something out of nowhere/leftover.
You can close this now if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread