War3Source (1 Viewer)

Master Keiii

This server is now running the War3Source Mod!
Check it out.

"One last word to war3 on duel: semi-shared is not possible.. fully shared or not shared.
I still think for duel 16 levels on each race are too much."

Then in my opinion, fully shared is better than not shared. There's just way too many classes, it'd be a real pain to level up again.
And yes, I agree, 16 levels may be a bit too much. But if you reduce the levels, then you might not be able to max out all abilities, right? One solution would be cutting the levels by half (To about 8 per race) and in return doubling the points gained per level (From 1 to 2). That way all abilities can be maxed out at level 8, instead of level 16, but I don't know if you can do that. The problem with this method is that the higher level you are, the more xp it takes to advance to the next level. So if it takes X amount of time to reach level 8, it might take 4X (4 times) amount of time to reach level 16. Which means that cutting the levels by half, may cut the time needed to max out a race not by half, but by 3-4 times. And honestly, that may be a bit too fast.

Obviously you can just double the xp gained per kill. Right now on Orange the xp is doubled for people in the steam community, right? I think that's a pretty good leveling rate. Not too slow, not too fast. It's about 90 xp and 4 gold per kill. You were planning to make that xp rate available only to donators, but why not keep it that way even for normal players and instead increase it even more for donators? With 90 xp per kill, it may take anywhere from a few hours to a day in order to max out a race and with about 30 races, maxing them all out is gonna take a while.

Btw, I noticed a bug yesterday. There's this item called Ring of Regeneration in the shopmenu, which regenerates your health with about 3-4 per second.
I noticed that a big + symbol appears above the head of the player who is using it, as if a medic is healing him. The buggy part is that the symbol appears even above the head of a cloaked spy, which gives away his position. I noticed it on a spy who was spawn killing our team. I'll confirm it today, because I'm not 100% sure it was from that item, but I'm nearly certain because when I was spawn killing too (And killing one of the admins xD), some players somehow knew where I was and shot directly at me, even after using the Human's teleport ultimate to get away, they'd still somehow find me while cloaked.
Note: The symbol doesn't appear if you're at full health. Only if you're damaged and the item is healing you.
P.S I just tested it and I was right. People can see you if you're healing yourself while cloaked. Sucks :S

P.S PLEASE make it so that we can earn xp even if there's less than 4 people. Two mornings in a row, I've been playing against a friend 1v1 on Orange and we don't gain any xp.. By the time people get into the server I have to go school.

Soul Reaper's Withering Pressence does nothing.
Night Elf's Thorns Aura does nothing. (It's supposed to reflect damage)
Night Elf's Trueshot Aura does what Thorns Aura is supposed to do.

Just to confirm + sign above cloaked spy, we can't do nothing here, it's developers mistake, on official mod forum is announced that in next update this will be fixed. For the rest, yeah, fully shared has some advantages...

It will be changed to 2 players minimum for XP.

P.S.
Spawn killing sux ;( :D

The skills are too overpowered for duel. 16 Levels would be fine, but ultimates would ruin duel.
Due of that its not possible to share the database, we decided that some time ago.
There will be 12 levels and 4 Skills (one is the ultimate). The ultimate will not be available to be skilled. (Dunno if we can completely remove it.)

Its a pain to level up everything again? Its fun to level up.
Also on duel it will go faster (a bit). And there will be the around 24 levels in the levelbank for players who join within 3 days the mod is installed.

Thanks for the XP advice. Once we finish the donation system XP will be doubled in general (to the current amount the Community Members get).
Donators will get a double amount of that amount.

Withering Pressence works. Already killed some with it.

Not too sure about the other skills.
I can hardly believe there will ever be no bug at all in any plugin or mod of any game..

That's weird.
I'm pretty sure Withering Pressence didn't work, I tested it personally. It's supposed to damage enemies who are near you. When you used it, what did it do?

Master Keiii' said:

IT WOOOORKS!

Max .:[Old Panda]:.' said:
Master Keiii' said:

IT WOOOORKS!
So you fixed it? Cause I had a friend test it with me. I was standing close to him and he wasn't taking any damage.

I "bleed killed" with it as scout just by standing next to people

I really dislike w3s. It's too complicated... Pick a race? What does each race do? Why should I even care? I just want speed and a health buff so i can fly around being a nusiance as scout. :3 Then I have to learn each different ability and all that jazz... I miss the good old days with far too many crits and people flying around with overheal :D One of mah fave severs.... ruined! ;( I'd ask you to undo it but other people realy like it :c Bai

Said the same thing. But we have a chance to get the old server with level back, if the mod gets fixed. Currently it's reason for many crashes.

You can read about War3Mod here. Its a very complicated issue. Especially that getting money thingy is kinda hard.

What about a small vote for level mod? :)

A vote is not an option.

But i can tell you: We tried hard to find someone who wants to fix levelmod for money.. couldnt find a good guy
we would be glad if we can change it back because we dont really like it on duel too..

but atm its not possible...

we are looking for another mod.. with speed, crits, healthplus and so on..
which doesnt crash

but yet we didnt find one which is better than war3....

PS: dont continue talking about duel here, in the orange thread. thx..

Nikefier' said:
I really dislike w3s. It's too complicated... Pick a race? What does each race do? Why should I even care? I just want speed and a health buff so i can fly around being a nusiance as scout. :3 Then I have to learn each different ability and all that jazz... I miss the good old days with far too many crits and people flying around with overheal One of mah fave severs.... ruined! I'd ask you to undo it but other people realy like it :c Bai
You can still have speed, shopmenu and buy different things. Ruined? No. Fly around? You can fly around with ability. Just take few minutes and learn what each race can do, it's not too hard, i see 9 years old kids running around and learning about war3.... Be water my friend.

I agree, it's not that big of a deal.

On another note, the lag in the evening is unbearable.
My PC:
2,4Ghz Dual Core Processor, overclocked at 2,8Ghz;
4 GB Memory
and an Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT GPU, which isn't bad and I still lag.

It's laggy not just for me, but also for people with incredible PCs. And not just during the evening, but generally when there are more than 20 people it lags quite a lot. I don't know if it's possible to split this server (Panda #2 Orange) into 2 serperate ones of about 18-20 players max each, because the issue isn't server connection or anything like that. I have about 30 ping, which is nothing. The problem is overcrowdedness. It may be a big map, but it still affects the gameplay quite a lot.
My idea is basically hosting 2 smaller servers on the same machine, instead of one bigger one. This may increase the ping a bit as it may strain the computer you're hosting the server on, but will drastically reduce the lag comming from our own hardware. Seriously, the only time I get to play a proper game is before noon.

P.S And honestly, it's not just about the lag. 32 people is just way too much. The map may be big, but noone actually uses the whole map. Most players just stay in their base and play snipers or engineers. The ones that don't, stay in the middle of the map, in that small building all cramped up. My point is that the population isn't spread evenly and even if it's a big map, it still feels like a small one.
Honestly, I'd rather wait in queue, if it means less lag and a less crowded map, when I finally join, so even if you can't split the server into 2, then please consider just reducing the max amount of players.

strange...
how much fps an in/out did you got when it "lags"?

strange...
how much fps an in/out did you got when it "lags"?
I can't say for certainty. I'd have to download fraps to be able to see my fps, but there's only about 14-15 players right now, so it doesn't lag anymore. I'll have to wait till tomorrow after school.
The FPS wasn't too low. Some years ago that was considered playable for any game, but not in this day and age :D
Especially when I need more precise aiming and etc. Because of the lag, I couldn't trickstab whatsoever, much less do precise aiming. E.g Using the scout's Force of Nature or any shotgun/flaregun or whatever it was near impossible to hit a target.
My friend reported that some people appeared to be "teleporting" or more like moving forward, but then the game moving them backwards. That's usually an indication of connection lag, rather than low fps, but I'm almost certain the server can handle the amount of people, it's our hardware that can't.
I'll do further testing tomorrow after school. I'll have to check how much fps I'm running and will ask around if others are lagging. So far I've gotten a confirmation from 2-3 people that they experience lag when above 20ish players.

you can see your fps and in/out when you open the tf2 console and type in net_graph 1

you can see your fps and in/out when you open the tf2 console and type in net_graph 1
Thank you, will try it.
Also, I think there's a plugin that manages the ping. It kicks all players with a ping higher than XX. I said I have like 30-40 ping, but now and then there's people with like 150 ping, which isn't normal. I don't know if other people's ping affects me though :D

P.S I just tried it and I get about 30ish fps with 19 people in the game and about 40 ms latency. The maximum fps I saw was 70 and the minimum was 24... I should probably turn Vsync on. Anyway, gotta try tomorrow when there's 30 players in the server and I'll write down all the data then, including in/out. I'm sure it'll be horrible. I'll make my friend collect some data, as well.

To clear this up:
Others ping doesnt affect yours.
40 ms latency is fine
24-70 fps should also be fine. though 24 being the minimum.

Why it lags? i can tell you:
by war3source and 32 people on the server the server gets spammed with millions of commands a day
in the noon it just simply has enough. so it lags.
a mapchange would fix this.

we admins will try to change the map on the server from time to time to make it less laggy for you

also. class limitation to 28 people... maybe 26... i could think of that yeah.. not too sure though.. would have to talk to the other admins first

"24-70 fps should also be fine. though 24 being the minimum."
You say that, but these stats were recorded when there were only 19 people in the server.
I just tested it when I was alone in the server:
140fps minimum and 200fps maximum. The difference between this and when there were 19 people is huge.
I'll test it tonight with 30 players and see what happens, but I'm nearly shure the fps won't go over 20 :D

"40 ms latency is fine"
I agree, that's perfectly fine. That means your computer which hosts the server and the internet connection can both handle much more. But an average player's computer cannot. That said, is it not possible to split the server into 2 smaller identical servers with like 20 players each and a shared database, as I suggested? That will result in a slight increase in the average latency to about 45-50 ms (Which is still fine), but it will drastically reduce the strain put on the average player's computer. It will mean more people get to play (2 servers x 20 players = 40 players) with less lag, cause they'll only be interacting with 19 players other than themselves, instead of 31. And the best part is, you won't even need to upgrade any hardware or anything. Hosting 2 servers on the same computer should be an easy task, right? Or am I wrong?

P.S Alright, I just tested it and it turns out I run about 20 fps with 30 people in the server. The latency goes up to 60, which is fine.
The "In" goes down to a minimum of about 300 and a up to a maximum of about 2000, very rarely to about 2500.
The "Out" goes down to a minimum of about 60 and a up to a maximum of about 140.

The lag is actually surprisingly low for this many people. Did the server get restarted recently?

In with 2500 shocks me lol
Dunno if the server got restarted
more gameservers dont increase the ping. we got enough bandwidth
2x20 slot servers wouldnt mean that there are 40 people playing. it would mean that the second one needs months to get discovered.
i told you... maybe 26.. :p

i also think lots of people will be pissed if they cant join because max players are 26...
but... yeah... maybe :p

Users who are viewing this thread