vsh_skyhigh_resort_b8 Removal (1 Viewer)

Should vsh_skyhigh_resort_b8 be removed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geronimo

As a player who plays FF2 pretty often, I've been on Skyhigh Resort plenty of times. And you know with maps comes their exploits. Now, usually maps with moving parts are very, very glitchly. This goes for our favorite map, Skyhigh Resort. I have nothing against Skyhigh Resort, I love that map. It's just very annoying to play on with these unfixed bugs and exploits, drains the fun.

I'll further go into depth with these bugs, exploits, and some issues I see about it:

First, Engineers can jump on/in the balloon and build buildings. This causes the buildings to be left in the sky floating, until it runs out of ammo or gets destroyed. This can be very annoying to bosses who are actually trying to play a decent game. As of one of my recent reports, you can see some of this exploiting in action. (it can be found here)

Next, people love to break rules and stall the game. Players can easily stay the in balloon and do no damage unless the boss gets near. This is just time-consuming and awful to deal with. Players who have either witnessed this or have been the boss during this knows the pain. They can also use the balloon to get to higher places in map where the boss cannot reach them, causing stalling if they aren't attacking.

Finally, now we have the train. It's neat little feature on the map, but it has its bugs and isssues too. Now sometimes you get stuck on the train's sides. You'll eventually get out due to how TF2 works, which is nice. Another thing about getting stuck in the train, is at certain spots on the map it can get you stuck in the wall, unable to get out. This can happen to anyone, including the boss. Poor boss has to die and lose their boss round!

Here are two visual examples as well:

20171120150002_1.jpg

20171120150640_1.jpg
20171120150007_1.jpg 20171120150350_1.jpg 20171120150405_1.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: Left 4 Zelda
First, Engineers can jump on/in the balloon and build buildings. This causes the buildings to be left in the sky floating, until it runs out of ammo or gets destroyed. This can be very annoying to bosses who are actually trying to play a decent game. As of one of my recent reports, you can see some of this exploiting in action. (it can be found here)

Next, people love to break rules and stall the game. Players can easily stay the in balloon and do no damage unless the boss gets near. This is just time-consuming and awful to deal with. Players who have either witnessed this or have been the boss during this knows the pain. They can also use the balloon to get to higher places in map where the boss cannot reach them, causing stalling if they aren't attacking.
Pretty sure these are in the same boat of Breaking the rules, exploiting and stalling.

But aside from that little nitpick, I've be the first to mention that I personally love Sky resort, I love it because it is such a neat map, sadly time, and tf2 updates have slowly but surely made the map ugly, and the author never came back to fix any of the bugs, and exploits.

It's a meme map, my favorite map, but I wouldn't be that surprised if they do remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread