Completed [VSH] Update vsh_weaponsdepot_final to vsh_weaponsdepot_redux (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kruphixx

In my opinion this is a way better version of current weaponsdepot. Thanks @UberMedicFully for letting me know about this version :twc:

Highlights of this version:

- Several layout changes and visual changes as shown in the screenshots below
- More health and ammo packs
- Secret room removed
- Water doesn't damage players (To prevent engineers from building underwater, I added a func_nobuild zone)

DOWNLOAD LINK

20220516175145_1.jpg
20220516175510_1.jpg

20220516175152_1.jpg
20220516175212_1.jpg

20220516175236_1.jpg
20220516175245_1.jpg

I'd agree if it replaces weapons_storage, since weaponsdepot is the original one that's actually good.

I mean a new version of weaponsdepot should replace weaponsdepot not weapons_storage y'know.

Reactions: KronKrian
That would make the most sense.

- Several layout changes and visual changes as shown in the screenshots below - this I can support.
- More health and ammo packs - sure, why not.
- Secret room removed - why? was an interesting twist to the map. I've never seen anyone exploit it.
- Water doesn't damage players (To prevent engineers from building underwater, I added a func_nobuild zone) - again, why? I can see loads of ways this can make being hale even more miserable than it already is. Since the knockback is so incredibly strong, being underwater without taking damage adds a whole new dimension of knockback fuckage.

As Panda stated, let's not beat around the bush; you are all fed up with the medic tunnel strat cause it's hard to beat. But even you managed to kill us a couple of times. There's good days and there's bad days.
Not stating this reason in the original post is misleading, cause you're essentially suggesting removing a perfectly good map, with an updated one that no one asked for. Except for Psychopath, yourself and two others.
The reason you want it changed/removed, is cause of that medic strategy. No luck in changing the rules to ban this strategy, so you go on to attempt to get the map removed.

Reactions: LeCaptainPanda
Before I state what I want to say, we should all know most regulars on vsh don't use forums so instead of just voting on specifically removing a map/change it we should look at previous examples of similar cases to this, a good example of this is ratssaxy which since I started playing there were 3 versions in total and during the time one of the older versions were played it was one of the most popular maps which means it is a map that used to get nominated/not rtv'ed I feel like we are looking at the same scenario here.

edit: I fucking hate both versions of this map but since people enjoy playing them why remove them?

Reactions: LeCaptainPanda
I dont see any issue with replacing weaponsdepot with a better edit, i wouldnt remove storage as people like the secret and there is a cool easteregg aswell, anyways, the map itself is fine.
I told him to add the no building function instead of making it damage people as its completely dumb, there are many trolls and i dont support water damaging players in any way of, sure there can be strats to annoy the hale in the water but its EASIER to avoid than the funny Medic strat

The New Weaponsdepot has a lots of new places to go to.

cause you're essentially suggesting removing a perfectly good map, with an updated one that no one asked for
Didnt know that if no one asks for a update on a map that you are not allowed to suggest one lol

Didnt know that if no one asks for a update on a map that you are not allowed to suggest one lol
I don't see a problem with the map being added it looks great why remove the current one since its really popular wouldn't it make more sense to remove storage or just have 3 versions and see what is played less/more

A yes from me. Regarding the medic team abuse, I've already said my piece on it - If you catch them early it's easy to crush the strategy then and there but otherwise it's very broken and needs to be at the very least covered by some of the rules (like actively deal damage to hale/support your team), if not outright forbidden or made so that it can't be performed. While it is counterable, it is really only successfully done by some of the more knowledgeable and experienced players and even then, said counter virtually requires a sizeable amount of health that the Hale can burn through while removing the medics from the tunnel.
In conclusion, fighting this strategy is the equivalent of smashing your head against a brick wall until it either kills you or (rarely), the wall breaks before your skull does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread