Completed [VSH] Solving problem with vsh_skyhigh_resort (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scudi37

Donator
Hi,

The more I play on vsh_skyhigh_resort_b9_s, the more i hear from players (mainly on #5 VSH, and I dont know, how things look on FF2) that this map is so unbalanced, they refuse to play it as hale, calling it imposible to win.
Only the best players are able to somewhat win on that map, but thats is very small procent of total players.
The main problem is map void, it teleports players to middle point that is covered with roof, unable to quick escape from getting: telefraged, nuked by demoman crits stickies, stuck under roof corner by lvl3 sentry ect.

My proposal to change this map:

I: Change the teleport void to damage void.

Instead of teleporting players to the cappoint, maybe we should change type of the void. Some other maps have already that solution, when hale falls from platform he gets damage, and then he need to escape by jumping out.

-hale wont be trapped when he fall from platform.
-good hales could use it to gigajump, helping them in mobility.
-weaker hales will have problem to get out of there.
-red players will die when they fall.

II: Slice void into 4 sectors with 4 differets void teleport points.
1658696964204.png

[it was mentioned by Kruphixx in this thread: https://www.panda-community.com/threads/vsh-5-stickybombs.28253/]

Instead of having 1 big teleport zone that teleport everybody in one place, we can cut it into 4 zones, that have 4 different teleport destination.
I have made example pic, to better illustrate it. The X is teleport destinaton that place you when you land on X color. (i don't insist on my placement).

-would be harder to camp 4 void teleport exit at the same time.
-red players who fall, will have chance to survive.
-would be harder to implement.

III. Make void teleport like on vsh_2fortdesk_v8.

Making it work like on vsh_2fortdesk_v8, by putting void teleport so high that red players cant camp it, and also setting void damage to higher, so red team wouldn't be able to get there, OR putting void teleport on steap ramp, that everything on it slides.
This will make map situation more like on vsh_nebula, and that map also have similar issues, but is not that bad as this map.

-hardest to do, just the map overhaul.
-red players will die when they fall.

IV. Leave it alone

V. Remove it completely

I personally will vote for II.
(note i'am not a mapper, and i'm not capable to make it happen, I just tried to come out with doable fixes)

I think solution 2 would be the best and it's not actually too difficult to implement.

Solutions 1 and 3 aren't very good, at least for red team considering how easy it can be to accidentally fall off the map in certain situations and in some areas like on the wooden platforms, or due to some bug when on the train.

Reactions: Aerial
I think solution 2 would be the best and it's not actually too difficult to implement.

Solutions 1 and 3 aren't very good, at least for red team considering how easy it can be to accidentally fall off the map in certain situations and in some areas like on the wooden platforms, or due to some bug when on the train.
I mean I think 3 would be the most ideal with reds getting teleported somewhere too of course. 2 seems like it could theoretically be camped too of coordinated.

Excellent suggestion.

Think it might kill the map popularity but it is needed

Excellent suggestion.

Think it might kill the map popularity but it

Or Make demo stickies slide off teleporting spot and remove ablity to build as engineer at teleporting spot.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Jiji
Pretty sure even if it's a slippery surface the teleport could still be abusable, even if not as easily or for less dmg.

Pretty sure even if it's a slippery surface the teleport could still be abusable, even if not as easily or for less dmg.
Spy is the only class I can think of that could still potentially abuse the teleport but definitely not as much as demomen abuse it now.

Spy is the only class I can think of that could still potentially abuse the teleport but definitely not as much as demomen abuse it now.
No I mean with stickies, I feel like the control point is too small of a slippery area. And yeah, spies could still abuse it.

No I mean with stickies, I feel like the control point is too small of a slippery area. And yeah, spies could still abuse it.
It's not actually that small, sure demos could still put stickies around it I guess but it would barely damage the boss.

It's not actually that small, sure demos could still put stickies around it I guess but it would barely damage the boss.
Still think smart demos could abuse it in a way honestly

I voted for S2

I liked the idea of solution II, it might be at the beginning Hard to get used to it, also there is always new players so if it happened to be new and hale IN Skyhigh. he won't make it for sure, but the regulars will learn better and get better, also its much challenging to red team now.

Solution I is tbh not much of an advantage to hale, really depends on which hale and which Player.

Solution III, IS STRAIGHT BAD, c'mon guys yall know 2fortdesk, as if 2fortdesk is very balanced huh..., speaking of... i think 2fortdesk should get fixed somehow, my point is: if we made it like 2fortdesk, it will just have same issues with 2fortdesk.

I voted for S2

I liked the idea of solution II, it might be at the beginning Hard to get used to it, also there is always new players so if it happened to be new and hale IN Skyhigh. he won't make it for sure, but the regulars will learn better and get better, also its much challenging to red team now.

Solution I is tbh not much of an advantage to hale, really depends on which hale and which Player.

Solution III, IS STRAIGHT BAD, c'mon guys yall know 2fortdesk, as if 2fortdesk is very balanced huh..., speaking of... i think 2fortdesk should get fixed somehow, my point is: if we made it like 2fortdesk, it will just have same issues with 2fortdesk.
Well 2fort desk is mostly badly designed, the teleport is only really bad thanks to it killing reds, which it wouldn't here if possible

Reactions: Aerial
I dont like idea of having 4 teleports because it will add a lot of pressure at gameplay. I dont want to check 4 different spots every time hale falls into cliff and especially i dont want hale to spawn behind me. Even with 4 different spots it will be possible to camp as demo, engineer. And the worst of all, by jumping into cliff player will be able to escape hale easily since teleport is random, so this make things even worse(in my opinion).

I feel more comfortable going for Kruphixx's fix then the other threads so I'll move this into tasks.

Task #249 VSH / FF2 - Add / Remove maps

has been added, active upon mapchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread