Completed VSH: remove barn_night_rework ? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvoWarrior5

Contributor
Currently, there are 2 versions of the map available on the server: rework and rerework. In my opinion rerework is a straight upgrade. I know there are some people who would disagree, but today I saw a few people asking why rework has not been removed ever since rerework was added. This made me think of making a thread to sort it out.

In this scenario there is 1 more issue besides whether people still like rework or not: the names are so similar that it can be hard to tell which map is on the vote menu when voting is happening. This can lead to some people voting for barn, thinking they will get to rerework, only to find out they actually voted for rework and being disappointed. The extra tunnel does make a big difference in playstyles for both Hale and the team.

For these 2 reasons I would suggest removing rework and keeping only rerework.

Poll attached.

Reactions: haze and Husky
Some people prefer rework more than rerework, and they would like this last one to be removed, keeping only rework.
So, this poll needs to be extended for fairness. An option to "Remove rerework and keep rework" has to be included, if we wanna do things properly.
Let's vote with both maps and let's see if people want to: keep both, remove rework, remove rerework.

@Matth I agree with the poll change but my initial suggestion was to remove *rework* so please change back the title of the thread to the original.

Done. @EvoWarrior5 I agree with you, barnnight is a must and it has to be kept, whatever will be the version(s) we'll keep. I love that map.
However ye, if you want I can add a last final option with removing both. That'd be the most complete poll, but you gotta tell me.

The way the previous and current votes were, it seems like either way, one is getting removed already. That already goes some way to appeasing the people who don't like it at all.

The people who would like it removed entirely can make a thread on that later on, at some point when it might stand a chance.

I am unsure about exactly which map I prefer, in terms of the exact name but the map with the multiple entrances is far more enjoyable for the hale, I would never play Hale on the one entrance kill room version. If you were stalled by a good pyro it became near impossible to win the round and it was absoulte cancer fighting through the knocback.

Great suggestion to remove the easy hard camp map

I dont really care too much if only 1 map gets removed since we already have 2, but its not really fair or logical to only have this as as map removal suggestion.
Military is probably the most well known vsh map we have and we also have 2 of those. So i may have to make a new thread myself since this thread is about barnnight, but when a barnnight map has to be removed, then so should a military map be.

• Agree
Reactions: Furken
I am unsure about exactly which map I prefer, in terms of the exact name but the map with the multiple entrances is far more enjoyable for the hale, I would never play Hale on the one entrance kill room version. If you were stalled by a good pyro it became near impossible to win the round and it was absoulte cancer fighting through the knocback.

Great suggestion to remove the easy hard camp map

See this is the problem with how similar the map names are xD

Rerework is the one with the extra tunnel attached to the barrel room, so with 2 ways in and out.

Reactions: Magglet
I dont really care too much if only 1 map gets removed since we already have 2, but its not really fair or logical to only have this as as map removal suggestion.
Military is probably the most well known vsh map we have and we also have 2 of those. So i may have to make a new thread myself since this thread is about barnnight, but when a barnnight map has to be removed, then so should a military map be.

Fair enough, I personally consider military zone to not be as much of an issue since military at least used to be, if not now, was *the* most popular map on the server. Having it in the rotation twice hardly bothers me. Added to that, military zone is not a straight upgrade from area. In fact, I consider area to be the superior one. Lastly, the names are different enough that you can tell exactly what you're voting for.

I think there might be other maps that are in the rotation twice, maybe spotline has 2 versions? But that map is hardly ever voted for anyways so I didn't bother with it either. But if you want to make a suggestion about more duplicate removals, feel free to post one.

I personally want military zone removed. I think its garbage and sometimes they vote this map straight after militiary area its so annoying. Lets maybe make a poll for it? 2 Choices, one for removal and 1 for keeping it?

I personally want military zone removed. I think its garbage and sometimes they vote this map straight after militiary area its so annoying. Lets maybe make a poll for it? 2 Choices, one for removal and 1 for keeping it?

okay but that's something for another thread, let's get back to barn now lmao

Something occurred to me just now about the way this vote is currently set up. I do not propose changing the poll again, but I think we should reflect for a moment on how we are going to consider the results.

For me, my opinion is clear. However, while thinking about the military vote in the other thread, I realised that I don't know how to vote. My thoughts on that poll are, as some people's thoughts might be for this thread: "I'd like to keep both, but if one gets removed I would like it to be X map". This can lead to a skewed voting result: if the map they want to keep is losing, they can decide to vote for the one they prefer if just to prevent it from being removed, even though they actually want to keep both versions. I do not want to discourage people from voting for the option they truly want to win. So I propose this:

If the winning result of keeping one map does not exceed the total amount of other votes (keeping the other map PLUS the option of keeping both), we should consider keeping both, as clearly the "losing" map still has enough support.

This way, people do not have to vote for their second favourite option and everyone can vote for the scenario they want.

Agreed?

Vote deadline passed, could someone add this to the to do list?

Winning option: remove reworked and keep only rerework

Since I know Kevin would ask: is this only for VSH or also for FF2?
I ask cause the thread only talks about VSH, but also FF2 players voted on this, so I would get it as a common wished change.
Let me know so I can add the task, otherwise I'm doing it only for VSH.

Same thing for the militaryzone map to be removed ofc.

I dont know, I guess if FF2 people voted too then it should be for both.

vsh_barnnight_rerework will be kept, the other one is gone upon mapchange.

• Sad
Reactions: Matth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread