Completed VSH Ratssaxy Reworked V2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dayornight

Back at it again. Overhauled pretty much the whole map so it looks prettier and plays better. Hopefully this can get updated. :B1:

Download link: here

[Overhaul] Overhauled the main area
[Overhaul] Overhauled the back area
[Improvement] Added playerclips so you get stuck on less often
[Addition] Added water back around the control point
[Addition] Added a teleport trigger if you somehow bypass the playerclip in the main and outside area
[Addition] Added breakable glass in the chill room
[Addition] Added more detail outside (more vegetation and rocks)
[Adjustment] Changed skybox to something more pretty
[Adjustment] Reduced the cap time from 20 seconds to 15 seconds
[Adjustment] Increased height on the walls, so hale and soldiers can jump more freely
[Adjustment] Adjusted the height of the windows in spawn
[Adjustment] Extended the water so it looks more infinite (Still not perfect, but will do for now)
[Optimization] Couple of optimizations
[Tweak] Noclipped a couple of items for better traversal
[Tweak] Delaying hale a little bit on spawn so people don't get immediately killed by him on round start
[Removal] Remove the red and blue logo from the hallway near spawn
[Fix] Fixed crates floating
[Fix] Fixed water dissapearing at specific angles

Main Area #1.jpg
Main Area #2.jpg

Main Area #3.jpg
Chill Room #1.jpg

Red Spawn #1.jpg
Blue Spawn #1.jpg

Outside #1.jpg
Outside #2.jpg

Outside #3.jpg

Really love the changes, seem all in good reasoning

ALSO, I have to say I REALLY appreciate this kinda formatting for the posts.
Being able to see a changelog + screenshots makes it easier to figure out any changes with the map and get an idea of it all.

[Adjustment] Reduced the cap time from 20 seconds to 15 seconds
The Most important change of all :kappa:

Anyway jokes aside.

Had personally tested the map together with @Dayornight , going together through the map about pretty much everything.
Definetly should replace our current one since this one is more fun to play around with.

Also 100% agreeing with what Heather said.

• Friendly
Reactions: Dayornight and TWC
Even though this is a rework, I'm assuming it should be considered an update rather than a rework? Unless someone has issues with this rework that it needs to be a poll?

I'd definitely consider this an update to the current version we have on the server

I am not able to test the map properly. Out of interest are the hooks or the things that hover above the hanging platforms (sky hooks) able to be stood on. I imagine it would be ideal for a sniper to stand on those.

I'd definitely consider this an update to the current version we have on the server
This is indeed an update to the current version (vsh_ratssaxy_reworked_v1i).

I am not able to test the map properly. Out of interest are the hooks or the things that hover above the hanging platforms (sky hooks) able to be stood on. I imagine it would be ideal for a sniper to stand on those.
What do you mean by "not being able to test it properly"? And yeah... We'd have to see how it works out balance wise, but I can still noclip them in an update afterwards.

I wasn't able to test the map at the time because I was at work. That was it jsut a polite question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread