Completed [VSH/FF2] Remove vsh_weapon_storage (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiji

At this point I don't think we need basically two of the same maps, so I suggest we remove weapon_storage.

After the recent map updates most people seem to prefer weaponsdepot a lot more, probably due to the fact that nowadays bosses have almost no chance on winning on weapon storage due to 6-7 people camping in secret with stickies, sentries, medics and whatever else. The damage increase to the secret entrance didn't help much, people still go there and camp as much as before. It's also possible to make the boss completely stuck and kill them if a heavy or some other class camps in the spot that they get teleported to which is just bs.

Weaponsdepot doesn't have that secret, sure there is still that room in the back of red spawn where players can camp but it's much easier to deal with.

Weaponsdepot also has more proper optimization *cough cough*

Doesn't help that only hales without uber related rages suffer the most from secret.
A other map I think that doesn't belong at all in rotation is lowland, parodying an already existing map (military) and it feels even smaller than the already small map.

There're also other maps that need removal but don't know the names from the top of my head, a factory map that's completely open with no way to do anything other than rush in head first since you're exposed regardless of what you do, engineers sit on a container that's surrounded by chains which block the hale from teleporting/super jumping, the rats office map which should be gone by now, and 2fortdesk, I don't care if it's an old school map people like simply due to nostalgia nor do I like the gameplay since it ends up being a sky diving hale-fest, any hale with more than a few braincells will use the speedboost from their spawn to basically have a 2nd hale jump whilst retreating over and other until it falls down, which usually by then means everyone being dead.
Hakurei village should go back to the original instead of the current winter one, not just because of how dark it is but also due to the visibility of the trees blocking virtually most of the line sight, if not: just remove it.

Doesn't help that only hales without uber related rages suffer the most from secret.
A other map I think that doesn't belong at all in rotation is lowland, parodying an already existing map (military) and it feels even smaller than the already small map.

There're also other maps that need removal but don't know the names from the top of my head, a factory map that's completely open with no way to do anything other than rush in head first since you're exposed regardless of what you do, engineers sit on a container that's surrounded by chains which block the hale from teleporting/super jumping, the rats office map which should be gone by now, and 2fortdesk, I don't care if it's an old school map people like simply due to nostalgia nor do I like the gameplay since it ends up being a sky diving hale-fest, any hale with more than a few braincells will use the speedboost from their spawn to basically have a 2nd hale jump whilst retreating over and other until it falls down, which usually by then means everyone being dead.
Hakurei village should go back to the original instead of the current winter one, not just because of how dark it is but also due to the visibility of the trees blocking virtually most of the line sight, if not: just remove it.
Quite some interesting takes my guy, I'm intrigued!

I do agree myself - the secret spot is just way to broken and the tunnel can be exploited in a way by two medics with uber (Which might entail some need for a medic nerf as well).

As for the mystery factory map I'm pretty sure you're talking about Vsh_Sewers_Final, which has a funni pit of death you liked as Major Crits jr.

Pretty much agree on 2fortdesk, the only thing it's got going is it's aesthetic idea, but otherwise it's just a rather boring premise - people hide under books or the boss keeps using the speed boost from the gold/australium.

The rats office is borked, yes, but Kruphixx has found and fixed the texture problem so once that's implemented, we might need a second evaluation of the map. But man first it breaking the plugin now breaking itself? Not a good look.

As for Hakurei Village? Eh, I guess it could be a daytime winter as the dark helps disguise people rather well if they're smart, boss and not. With the only way to better it is the secret light switch that could induce epilepsy, as much as some fixes happened, it doesn't seem good enough.

1681926547710.png

Remove weapon storage
Task #274 FF2 / VSH - Add/ Remove / Update maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread