Declined [VSH/FF2] Maps updated/fixes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1.exe

Heyo, i stored some feedback from the servers & forum and i edited the maps listed down below.

Maps edited
:

vsh_skyhigh_resort_b9_s
arena_offblast_final
arena_farm_feud_b1
vsh_minegay_reworked_v2
vsh_mariokart_v5

What i edited :
All maps have _panda as prefix.
To arena_farm_feud_b1, arena_offblast_final & arena_ravine i added more healthkits & ammopacks if needed..

vsh_skyhigh_resort_b9_s :

I divided the teleport trigger into 4 zones like this thread suggested.

arena_farm_feud_b1 :

Made the skybox bigger upwards so classes can jump more.
Added a no_funcbuild.

vsh_minegay_reworked_v2 :

Removed the N bomb.
Added some new stairs to the cobblestone thingy.
Added some clips so you can go easier on stuff.

vsh_mariokart_v5 :

Added func_nobuild on the cloud.

Download links to all maps : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aO9Jly8mSUye1bBn2ch0ckwvu-mSOssu/view?usp=sharing

Reactions: Aerial and Loki.
I used the one currently on the server because i didnt see the one made by falki sadly :(

@Berke also fixed the n bomb in this report

It's a stripper file, which makes things easier than having map files

The feedback you got from the servers would have been better displayed here on the forums rather than in private. Because I'm not sure who said what need to be improved and if these improvements have been tested. Have you play tested these maps @m1.exe ?

Attachments

• vsh_minegay_reworked_v2_panda.bsp
    43.6 MB · Views: 102
Hey @m1.exe , just today i played in ff2 vsh_minegay_reworked_v2 map

and So some people got stuck in the train rail.

somehow sometimes xD i managed to rescue them with RPS. anyways, wanted to warn you about it.

Reactions: m1.exe
This version should fix the problem with the train rail.

This is the progress that i made so far with cliffmargin.
Screenshot_2.png

Attachments

• vsh_minegay_reworked_v2_panda.bsp
    59.4 MB · Views: 91
@m1.exe This entire structure at middle on skyhigh doesn't cast shadows now for whatever reason. Also reflections on some stuff are still missing, literally unplayable

20220809141218_1.jpg

I'd still prefer if you used the version made by Falki, but you do you :)

• Useful
Well im too tired right now to edit maps so please leave me a link to Falki's map and i will download it & will make the chances 🛌💤💤

Made an edit to Falki's version of skyhigh, I guess the one from this thread is no longer necessary.

Reactions: Scudi37 and m1.exe
-1 to
vsh_mariokart_v5 :

This isn't needed, it's really easy to get up there as hale if you launch off one of the platforms and jump mid-air. Building on the cloud is the only fun thing on that map.

-1 to
vsh_mariokart_v5 :

This isn't needed, it's really easy to get up there as hale if you launch off one of the platforms and jump mid-air. Building on the cloud is the only fun thing on that map.
Its not fun for new players because they either use ctrl to jump or use right click and still cant get there. Thats the main and only reason i did it

So the fix for vsh_skyhigh_resort has been sorted out on the original thread

As for this thread...I am not confident that these improvements are up to the quality that we want here. Just seeing the responses after I asked you if you play tested them to then see messages about issues with maps I'm just not sure if these maps are going to work or not. I'm not tasking maps up that are broken it'll just piss Kevin off.

I think I'll just decline this suggestion but you can push your improvements / fixes into separate threads for each map rather than all in one. Make sure that they are ready for players. Maybe ask someone who also maps to double check for you before suggesting them to panda.

What I've said above might seem harsh but you have to understand the position panda is in. We do appreciate proposed improvements and fixes, but if your improvements / fixes have issues off the bat we're going to be sceptical about if you know what you're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread