Completed [VSH/FF2] Edit for vsh_2fortdesk_v8 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiji

Heyo, I decided to finally update vsh_2fortdesk with mostly some quality-of-life changes and gameplay changes. Let me know if anything else needs changing/fixing, you have 7 days to do so.

Changelog:
  • Jump pads reworked
    • They will now work every time and players will no longer get randomly stuck on them.
  • Death pit reworked
    • Instead of it killing RED players, it will now teleport them to the capture point, deal 50 damage (+ fall damage) and stun them for 3 seconds.
    • Death pit will still work exactly the same for bosses.
  • Added a wall near the capture point to provide some cover for bosses.
  • Added a func_nobuild for teleporters inside the green-purple book to prevent spy hales from getting stuck there after teleporting. (FF2-only issue)
  • Added func_nobuild around the jump pads
  • Moved the capture point a bit closer to the center of the map.
  • Moved RED spawn back a bit.
  • Slightly reduced the force of the push at BLU spawn.
  • Implemented a fix for getting stuck in the australium bars after they fall. When players get stuck, they will now get teleported to the capture point.
  • Improved cubemaps.
  • Reduced brightness a bit.
  • Improved clipping in some places to make movement easier.
  • File size reduced.
  • Various perfomance improvements/optimizations.

Attachments

• vsh_2fortdesk_v8_panda.bsp
    24 MB · Views: 80
Reactions: Magglet and Otis
Wouldn't it be better to just remove the map entirely? It's not like it's fun when you fall off to a certain doom because of knockback. Even if it doesn't kill you it's not fun.

Wouldn't it be better to just remove the map entirely? It's not like it's fun when you fall off to a certain doom because of knockback. Even if it doesn't kill you it's not fun.
Added that option to the poll

the map is still very much unfixable if the blu spawn stays as it is, if not for it then it would be better, it's just that one thing that keeps it from being an ok map due to the small size of the map overall, it's either changing the blu spawn location to something more reasonable or just removing the map entirely.

I updated the map again to fix some stuff, hopefully for the last time.
  • Fixed being able to get stuck in the popsticks after they break (just like with the australium bars, players will be teleported to the capture point if they get stuck)
  • Fixed some visible nodraw textures

Attachments

• vsh_2fortdesk_v8_panda2.bsp
    24 MB · Views: 66
I still think that BLU Spawn push should be changed, good Hales (VSH server) take advantage of this push and make big jumps, with zero counter-play(maybe radom rocket or crusader crossbow hit can stop this jump or sniper shot). Maybe add a instakill if hale is up there for more than 5 seconds, to prevent afk hales, so you can remove blu spawn push completely? I am talking about VSH server. BTW, remove HHH from this map, please.

I still think that BLU Spawn push should be changed, good Hales (VSH server) take advantage of this push and make big jumps, with zero counter-play(maybe radom rocket or crusader crossbow hit can stop this jump or sniper shot). Maybe add a instakill if hale is up there for more than 5 seconds, to prevent afk hales, so you can remove blu spawn push completely? I am talking about VSH server. BTW, remove HHH from this map, please.
I decreased the force of the push from 500 to 400, don't know how big of a difference it will make however.

I could consider adding that AFK killer and removing the push completely though. Maybe it could be polled up after the current vote ends?

Also I don't think there's a way to remove certain bosses from being played on specific maps. I assume a new plugin has to be made for this.

• Happy
Reactions: Oskar Dietz
Reworking the spawn would be the best option, perhaps having the same Fortdesk version from Nec and have the spawn from the opposite side of the map.

Update:
  • Lowered hale/blue spawn by around 400-500 units.
20230506174850_1.jpg

Attachments

• vsh_2fortdesk_v8_panda3.bsp
    24 MB · Views: 72
Reactions: UberMedicFully
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread