Completed [VSH] Add map Turtleshell Pond (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meebas

Hello, I made this map recently for Versus Saxton Hale. It is built on simple arena logic. The capture point works, there are no exploits, memory leaks, or softlocks. Its performance is very smooth. I have not been able to test this map on a full server of players, only myself. As far as I know there are no "cheesy" spots or any glaring design flaws. I am open to community suggestions and changes.

Gamebanana download link
Steam Community Workshop download link

IlERWFP.png

Full album here

Looks like a very much needed change of pace for the VSH servers, I'd love to see this map added.

• Friendly
Reactions: Meebas
I really like how green it is and the turtle shells are adorable !

• Friendly
Ok first of all it looks really amazing. The Terrain is Highly detailed, Water looks clean and beautiful, small Lilypads scattered randomly around the water, Trees being different depending on the location, Tons of Spots to make engie bases (maybe too many), A lot of different terrains you can use to your advantage, Pool is incredibly easy to leave, The small easter egg you mentioned is a sweet little detail i surely apprechiate (Clip for the people that dont know what i mean) and tons of Ammo/health packs scattered across the map.

Before i comment on anything else i want to point out that in this VSH gamemode, that the capping is disabled.

Now on to the things i want to criticize a bit that could potentionally ruin the gamemode for the Hale.
First of all the Engineer can build Nests pretty much anywhere on the map and i think that atleast these 2 spots (in the "Sentry spots" spoiler), should be inaccessible for the engie to build on.
Second there are too many Ammo/health kits in the map which means that this would have players play rocket jumping soldier and pyro (solo) a lot, what i request isif you could either remove some spots or make them all "small" size. (Here a quick flythrough of the ammo/health spots)
And third, while not being a huge problem i did notice a spot where people would be encouraged to hide, it would be nice if you could perhaps add another torch there to light it up. (in the "Hiding Spots" Spoiler)

1596875875801.png

1596875924124.png
1596876755780.png

Last edited:
  • Useful
First of all the Engineer can build Nests pretty much anywhere on the map and i think that atleast these 2 spots (in the "Sentry spots" spoiler), should be inaccessible for the engie to build on.
Second there are too many Ammo/health kits in the map which means that this would have players play rocket jumping soldier and pyro (solo) a lot, what i request isif you could either remove some spots or make them all "small" size. (Here a quick flythrough of the ammo/health spots)

As much as engineer is a problematic class, a lot of these spots aren't exactly the easiest to access when hale is more than capable of jumping to your spawn from his own. If engineers are really that problematic, hale is more than capable of jumping straight to them before they can even setup.
As for the health/ammo kits, I don't see these being an issue considering the map's size, the issue of soldiers grabbing hp and jumping the distance of hale's jump x2 is negligible here, on a full server i'd doubt we'd see enough left spare for soldier players to be problematic.

@Racer911-1
I'm compiling an update rn that greatly nerfs the pickups on the map. I turned about 12 packs that were medium to small, and deleted a few as well. I also added a func_nobuild underwater so sentries can't be built down there. I also did some lighting adjustments adding a few torches to BLU side and added an env_tonemap to help contrast a bit. The update should be out within a few hours on Gamebanana

I'm compiling an update rn that greatly nerfs the pickups on the map. I turned about 12 packs that were medium to small, and deleted a few as well. I also added a func_nobuild underwater so sentries can't be built down there. I also did some lighting adjustments adding a few torches to BLU side and added an env_tonemap to help contrast a bit. The update should be out within a few hours on Gamebanana
Oh damn. Either you planned it or someone actually did what i asked for once

Reactions: Heather
Oh damn. Either you planned it or someone actually did what i asked for once

lol, I actually noticed post-release that there were a lot more than I had even paid attention to. I added the pickups late in development as a sort of rough draft and forgot to actually control which ones I wanted. Along with a bit of feedback from a x10 VSH server it was obvious I needed to tune it down. There were also some tweaks I wanted to make anyways, but your flythrough and screenshots were helpful; I was already a bit afraid those spots were too dark. The lighting in your screenshots looks off though, that rock is certainly not that green in my game and the dark spots are a bit lighter.

added - will be active upon mapchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread