Declined VSH #5 | stickybombs (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not want to offend you, but it is a real pity that you are not able to respond normally and intelligently...
Aight hear me out, i dont see any reason to rework the Sticky launcher, i preferably keep the sticky launcher as it is right now, there is no need to change it as how it works right now, there may be ways to make it more unique but your way doesnt work

I do not agree. As I wrote: There is a problem with teleports. There is a problem with camping. This change could solve several things at once. Plus, make Demoman more interesting class. But I see that I am not meeting too much support here. I guess it's too much Sci-Fi. And I understand that there are more important things that need to be changed. You still haven't answered many things. But even the opinion, I do not want to change anything, is the opinion. Thanks for the feedback. ;)

I think what Goose suggested would be the ideal solution for this problem - Making it so you can't put stickies in certain places, where e.g there's only one entry point (Secret room on weapon_storage/weaponsdepot) or places you teleport to after falling off the map (Control point on skyhigh, middle area on nebula).

As others already said, I feel like there's no need to nerf damage.

I do not agree. As I wrote: There is a problem with teleports. There is a problem with camping. This change could solve several things at once. Plus, make Demoman more interesting class. But I see that I am not meeting too much support here. I guess it's too much Sci-Fi. And I understand that there are more important things that need to be changed. You still haven't answered many things. But even the opinion, I do not want to change anything, is the opinion. Thanks for the feedback. ;)
we did answer it, you are just to stubborn to accept it lol
I think what Goose suggested would be the ideal solution for this problem - Making it so you can't put stickies in certain places, where e.g there's only one entry point (Secret room on weapon_storage/weaponsdepot) or places you teleport to after falling off the map (Control point on skyhigh, middle area on nebula).

As others already said, I feel like there's no need to nerf damage.
ik its possible as I've seen it happen before on other modes (they just roll till they can be in a spot that allows them)
I do not want to offend you, but it is a real pity that you are not able to respond normally and intelligently...
we have been but ok

Added a poll with two potential solutions for this issue.

1. Straight up reducing the damage of stickybombs, as WotanGrimzahn suggested.
2. Adding func_nogrenades to some areas like control point on Skyhigh or other teleport locations, as well as secret room on Weapon Storage. func_nogrenades completely nullifies explosion damage.

Added a poll with two potential solutions for this issue.

1. Straight up reducing the damage of stickybombs, as WotanGrimzahn suggested.
2. Adding func_nogrenades to some areas like control point on Skyhigh or other teleport locations, as well as secret room on Weapon Storage. func_nogrenades completely nullifies explosion damage.
Got a question for #2, so they can still be in that spot but deal no damage then? if that's the case how are people going to know exactly where they can't put them?

Got a question for #2, so they can still be in that spot but deal no damage then? if that's the case how are people going to know exactly where they can't put them?

Stickies will disappear when you try to detonate them. And I don't really have an answer for your second question at the moment. I'm afraid people will just have to learn where they can't put stickies.

Although on skyhigh I guess I could try making the control point slippery. Not sure about other maps.

I think there would need to be clear markers where stickies can't be placed or make all of the spots slippery for stickies instead before implementing, I doubt anyone is going to memorize where every spot they can't place them and new players that put them there are going to think the sticky launchers are disabled

I think there would need to be clear markers where stickies can't be placed or make all of the spots slippery for stickies instead before implementing, I doubt anyone is going to memorize where every spot they can't place them and new players that put them there are going to think the sticky launchers are disabled
Only area I can make slippery is the point on skyhigh. No idea how to deal with other spots except adding func_nogrenades. Any idea how those "markers" could look like?

You could do something as simple as cones, or figure out how to make signs that have the sticky crossed out on them? kinda preference really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread