Declined Vote Mute and a small suggestion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

plutonists

Donator
Hello people, I hope your day is fine.
I've kinda thought about this suggestion and talked about it to an admin and they recommended me taking this to the forums, I have no idea if this was already suggested before or not, but here goes:

SUGGESTION:

Before I start off with the probably big suggestion, here's a little suggestion on what to add for the "How to Donate" thread, so, donators are treated equally as players but they have more perks, being a donator does not mean that you are immune to being punished, and you must follow the rules even if you donated.

That kind of suggestion may seem a bit un-needed, but it's for the sake of information, if a donator rule-breaks a lot and they get punished, and then appeals on the forums, admins can now redirect the donator to the "How To Donate" thread informing them that they are not immune to punishments.

Alright, so, basically, my bigger suggestion is that vote mute should be added, I may be asked why?
At times, administrators are not online but donators are, and there's a rule-breaker, if there is a rule-breaker that is mic-spamming and continues to mic-spam after being told several times.

In some cases, if a donator abuses the vote mute, their perks shall be removed and with no refund.

I would greatly appreciate reading your opinions, and if you disagree with my suggestion(s), I respect your opinion, and I will not argue with your opinion.

Reply down below what you think about adding a vote mute.

Until next time -

adam

Although I like the idea, I am not entirely sure that giving that power to donators is a good idea. Just because someone is able to donate does not mean they are "capable" of seeing when a vote mute is appropreate. I can see it already with anyone that annoys any immature donator and the whole server gets to decide if this person deserves a gag? I have suggested this before and it was declined for this reason.

and why do you disagree magglet? or are you doing that because i said its like a guarantee someone from vsh dislikes me?

• Dislike
Reactions: fanthom and Magglet
As I've seen in another community (Blw) there are people that would donate just to abuse it and even then not every donator can be trusted with this.

• Agree
Reactions: Lighty and Magglet
As I've seen in another community (Blw) there are people that would donate just to abuse it and even then not every donator can be trusted with this.
exactly, donating to a server should come by a good thing, but some people do it, then abuse whatever perks they get just to be dicks

• Funny
Reactions: fanthom and Magglet
Donors would be a better idea than making it a public vote option, however as pointed out, this would be abused by someone eventually. Also, with Panda we have an incremental system of gagging or muting players. IE, first mute is 60 minutes, next one is 120, so on. We would need a bot or script of some sort to check for previous comm blocks and issue one correctly. Which brings the first point back, if you are muted by someone who is abusing the vote system, it would be wrongly added to your list of comm blocks.

Biggest pointer is going to be the fact that TF2 has a built in mute feature.

Donors would be a better idea than making it a public vote option, however as pointed out, this would be abused by someone eventually. Also, with Panda we have an incremental system of gagging or muting players. IE, first mute is 60 minutes, next one is 120, so on. We would need a bot or script of some sort to check for previous comm blocks and issue one correctly. Which brings the first point back, if you are muted by someone who is abusing the vote system, it would be wrongly added to your list of comm blocks.

Biggest pointer is going to be the fact that TF2 has a built in mute feature.
maybe just mute for the session, so until they leave? that way it would be abused a lot less, and with a lot less damage, but still can be abused.

the problem is there will always be people to abuse any power given to them, its just a fact. and muting for session doesn't work, because what if they leave, and come back? will they just be muted over and over even though it might be a person who did nothing wrong? I'm AGAINST this being put in, just because all of the abuse that can happen. I mean it sucks that we can't have this in, but people just can't be trusted with the ability to server mute anyone they think is a little annoying, better than them, is right about something, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: Arrow
the problem is there will always be people to abuse any power given to them, its just a fact. and muting for session doesn't work, because what if they leave, and come back? will they just be muted over and over even though it might be a person who did nothing wrong? I'm AGAINST this being put in, just because all of the abuse that can happen.
True, forgot about that

The whole thread can be marked declined, thank you for your time, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread