Declined users who are viewing this thread (1 Viewer)

#Bring back old people who viewed this list?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

krown

I liked how before the big panda forum update it had a full list of who viewied a post/thread, now it has the "users who are viewing this thread" thingy and it doesn't show the full list. Even tho it might be more simple for some, I just don't like it. Gonna put a poll for people who agree/disagree.
Untitled.jpg
(the one right now)
I don't have the pic of the old people who viewed this list

Poll closes after 7 days.

I liked how before the big panda forum update it had a full list of who viewied a post/thread, now it has the "users who are viewing this thread currently" thingy and it doesn't show the full list of who viewed the post. *

In my opinion, that's misleading.
I may have opened a thread and viewed it for 1 second, but it doesn't mean I have read it. Now, it's true that the old option said: "Users who have viewed this" (and not "read" carefully).

Still, it created many problems in the past with people blaming other people (mainly admins) to have ignored important threads that the latter had "viewed/read" already according to the forums.. but they didn't read it yet. As of now, things like this are less likely to happen, because there's no evidence of having read a thread (somebody may screenshot while you are reading, but still it may be an edited photo using browser console, idk).

In general, that'd be nice to guarantee some form of privacy for past actions on the forums, and the actual situation is good. That's why I'm personally against this suggestion.

Thanks for taking your time to read this reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread