Important USA Server Location? (1 Viewer)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Owner
Staff member
Founder
Ohai,

so well since i want to adopt more servers based in the USA i want to step a bit forward and get directly a dedicated box rather than always single gameservers (which cost a lot more than a dedicated server).
the only problem i currently run into is that i dont know what location i should choose for it.

i thought about maybe using Chicago/New York instead of currently Dallas

please leave me some comments in here what you think about it.

thanks

Dallas as it's pretty much the center of the US so everyone will get a good even ping through out the US plus most dedi centers in the Dallas area are very resilient to DDoS attacks on Internap networking.

• Agree
Reactions: DrunkDoc
I voted for Denver because that's where I am right now, but Dallas and Chicago are also OK.

• Disagree
Reactions: DrunkDoc
Dallas as it's pretty much the center of the US so everyone will get a good even ping through out the US plus most dedi centers in the Dallas area are very resilient to DDoS attacks on Internap networking.
ddos attacks arent really worrying me since there are on all locations specific filter rules and enough bandwith

We'd recommend picking the location closet to you or closet to the area of players you're trying to target. Generally, California is for all West Coast, Chicago for central and New York for Eastern and South American and Europe.

lel so i choose frankfurt and u all rip

• Funny
Reactions: Deep
welp this seems to be quite obvious then :p
ip change will be required though sadly, shouldnt matter tho due to the steam gameserver account which should migrate the favorites within 1-2 days.

just letting ya peps know i've ordered the Dallas Server now and will soon start migrating the servers.

new upcoming ips:

USA Deathrun: 74.91.114.230:27015
USA Slender Fortress 2: 74.91.114.170:27015
USA Freak Fortress 2: 66.151.244.155:27015
USA Dodgeball: 66.151.244.138:27015
USA Prophunt: 74.91.126.13:27015

servers arent done yet, just got the ips already.

Last edited:
Reactions: XenoX and Madact
Prophunt server online - 74.91.126.13:27015

Slender Fortress 2 online - 74.91.114.170:27015

Deathrun online - 74.91.114.230:27015

Freak Fortress 2 online - 66.151.244.155:27015

Dodgeball online - 66.151.244.138:27015

TL;DR

all servers are migrated to the new host and on the existing server is a plugin installed which notifys the player about the new server and also redirects the existing traffic to the new servers :p

Are the servers up yet? because after connecting to the USA Dodgball server (original) it says go to the new IP or be kicked. Only problem with this is after attempting to connect to the new IP 4 times I still cannot connect to the server. Just wondering if the server wasn't up yet which would explain my issue.

Are the servers up yet? because after connecting to the USA Dodgball server (original) it says go to the new IP or be kicked. Only problem with this is after attempting to connect to the new IP 4 times I still cannot connect to the server. Just wondering if the server wasn't up yet which would explain my issue.
i run into some issues, the DB Server should be up now and by connecting to the old one and pressing F3 shoudl work.
just make sure that you add the new one to your favorites.

Reactions: Plumpy
i run into some issues, the DB Server should be up now and by connecting to the old one and pressing F3 shoudl work.
just make sure that you add the new one to your favorites.
Yes, I got it thank you so much. Although the server seem to be crashing occsionally idk if that is you, or just the server.

Reactions: Kevin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread