Declined US Jailbreak application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark!

Your name and/or nickname
Mark

Your age
Under 15

Current playtime on relevant server?
16d 19:06:00h

Who gave you permission to apply?
@Kazzy

Server you are applying for
US Jailbreak

General online times & time zone
My time zone is UTC+1

On Mondays trough Fridays I normally get home after 4pm, and on weekends I usually get on after 12am

Do you have a working microphone?
Yes and I use it quite often on the server

Previous experience as an Admin or a Moderator
I do not have any

Do you have experience with SourceMod?
I've been learning the basic commands of SourceMod
sm_ban player time reason
sm_mute player time reason
sm_gag player time reason
sm_teamban player time reason
sm_teamban_status player
sm_slay player
sm_respawn player
sm_givefreeday player
sm_removefreeday player
sm_forcelr player
sm_forcewarden player
sm_removewarden player
sm_say - Writes something in chat
sm_csay - Writes something on screen
sm_psay player - Private message

What would you make a suitable candidate?
As I've been in this community for about 11 months now, I'm comfortable with the rules and know how admins enforce them. I always warn before reporting (Except if it's racism, cheating etcetera) to give everyone a fair chance. As my time zone is closest to Zee's (He's 2 hours ahead of me) I would think I would be pretty beneficial to the team since at the time I usually join jailbreak is super chaotic. I would be able to join when someone calls for admin at my specified time online. I would like to say that I'm a well known person on the server and I think that's pretty important for admins. I would also be able to join #09 Deathrun and #04 Dodgeball since I've spent some time on both of the servers and I'm pretty familiar with the rules. I would say I deal with feedback well and everything said on my last application I took to heart and tried my best to adjust with the problems.

Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.
Before a punishment I will always give a warning along the lines "___ is against the rules" or " "___ can lead to a punishment". After 2 warnings I will give out a punishment based on my following times.

Racism, Toxicity, Micspam & Chatspam will be given a gag/mute with the following length:
  1. 720 minutes | 12 hours
  2. 1440 minutes | 24 hours
  3. 4320 minutes | 3 days
  4. 10080 minutes | 7 days
  5. 43200 minutes | 30 days
  6. 0 minutes | Permanent punishment
Exploiting, Chat flooding & Inappropriate names/sings will be given a ban with the following length:
  1. 720 minutes | 12 hours
  2. 1440 minutes | 24 hours
  3. 4320 minutes | 3 days
  4. 10080 minutes | 7 days
  5. 43200 minutes | 30 days
  6. 99999 minutes | Asking a full admin for perma ban
Inappropriate sprays
I would give the rulebreaker a warning about their spray that will look like
"Inappropriate sprays are not allowed on the server"
Than I would remove the spray. If the player kept spraying their spray I would spray ban them.

Cheating
I will ban the cheater with 99999 minutes, and attach a demo in Sourcebans.

Freekilling. Favouring, Baiting... will be given a guardban for
  1. 120 Minutes | 2 hours spent alive
  2. 240 Minutes | 4 hours spent alive
  3. 480 Minutes | 8 hours spent alive
  4. 0 Minutes | Permanent guardban
Accidental mass freekilling will be given a guardban for
  • 480 minutes | 4 hours spent alive
  • 0 Minutes | Permanent gaurdban
Mass freekilling will be given a permanent guardban and a ban of it's order (If its a first ban than 12 hours and if its their third its 3 days)

No microphone on blue team will be given a permanent guardban.

Useful links

My profile
HLStats
Chatlog
Previous application on #09
Sourcebans bans
Sourcebans comms

Admin tags
@Bambi
@Kazzy
@Semicolon Backslash
@TRGGB2
@Zee

Salutations Mark, Thanks for taking your time to apply.

- Nice constructed app. I also like you took your time to familiarize yourself with the SourceMod commands. Technically not required since you will get taught during the trial phase but its a nice thing that you know.
- Punishment wise looks good. It is on par with our punishment guidelines. I did notice you asked Semi for his punishment guidelines. I guess could also prove your dedication you want this position.
unknown.png

- I've seen you took Bambi's feedback of improving your warnings.
"Your warnings on the server are vague, unclear, and can be easily misinterpreted in the wrong manor. I'll give some examples. "don't exploit" "don't skip" have absolutely no explanation you would have to assume especially for newer people on deathrun still learning all the mechanics, maps. "please don't delay" "please don't spam" come off as a personal issue you have, not the server rules. These warnings should be better explained and defined for people to be given a fair chance before reports or punishments start getting handed out. Which brings me to my next issue."
Nice that you took that feedback and fixed your mistake. It shows you took the feedback in consideration.
There's also part of Bambi's feedback worth mention which is...
Other issues I and others have with mark is him backseat moderating, manipulating admins, and attempts to make private reports on US jailbreak. I won't provide any example here, that can be shown in private. The DR admins are free to contact me or another admin from that server for more info.
I have asked the jb team if you continued to do this and they mentioned you aren't doing this so you are in the clear with that.
- Timezone wise is perfect. Nothing much to add since you are close with Zee's timezone.
- Since your age is under 15 people are mentioning that people won't take your seriously. While that may be true to some extent I disagree. I only count this if the applicant is immature and you don't seem to fit that category. You are quite mature for your age.

Overall I can't find any faults of this app. You are mature enough and I think you can handle the task.

VOTE:
+1

download.gif

Heya, I've played with Mark alot on JB, a tiny teensy bit on Deathrun in the past too, I would like to say you're mature but I don't want to stroke your ego that much. One of my main concerns is that you might be a bit strict on the people of Jailbreak especially with your higher punishment times compared to someone like me, But It seems only I seem to have a complaint in that department, If you want to take that you could, That could be ironed out with a bit of experience since you hold none at the time, Not exactly a deal breaker except the fact that you're a bit on the young side.

I'll admit, I want to +1 but from what I've seen, usually young admins will not be consistent with their administrating, are too volatile and either lax or strict to a point of detriment, As much as I like you Mark as a person and I think its fun to play with you, I can't really +1 as of now.

Hello Mark

You have improved from the last time you applied which is a good thing. The only issue I can see as of right now is that you might jump the gun to banning some people as one of your recent reports shows, it was a bit of a weird situation there but still worth pointing out. Past that however I do not see any issues with you as an applicant.

+1

I admit, Unorthodox to make two posts to give feedback for one applicant, But to be fair even at the time I saw my post as rather lacking and quite unfair to you Mark, Since my whole post devolved to what seems a total rejection of your whole application due to your age, Which ill be fair I still think to be a valid gatekeeping method to the whole role and why it exists. Anyway for the sake of being fair to you and clearing my conscience I would to give a full and actual feedback, You can disregard my first post as a lesson for myself.

I would to point first to your personality, You are quite the social person on the server which honestly puts you above most players, afterall this mode is supposed to be social, I see you mostly on Blu team, A hard place to keep you head level which you excel in seeing as I've not seen any guardbans on you previously and you didnt mention any in your app, And the fact that you only have 1 comm block doesn't really dissuade me since quite personally I see it more as a lesson to be learnt from and you appear to have, I have never seen you capspam for all the time I've known you.

For JB It will take a level-head and a quick-hand to control the situation which with time should become second-nature. I'll admit that I made my first post before we all talked about your app which is rash on my part.

A big perk Is your timezone which will definitely help ease some call-stress I can receive since basically no-one else is in this deadzone except me and the only other applicant that I can see fixing this slot is Racer, But even if both of you get accepted. The more the merrier.

Regarding the previous thing that Bambi said, I've never seen signs that could point to you re-doing that as have TRGG said in his post.

I'm someone who's willing to learn from his mistakes and It seems no one agreed with what I've previously said, And honestly it did seem shaky to me when I first posted it since I did know you were a wonderful person to play with, I hope that I see myself be wrong on my old judgement and see you become a great admin for the JB server, Cheers.

+1

you might jump the gun to banning some people as one of your recent reports shows,
I agree with this, there's plenty of reason to believe your judgement would be a problem. I wouldn't limit to that example though either, take this or this as well. There's definitely more to be seen but I've only included ones I was directly involved in or remember looking into at the time of being reported. Yes, we've had younger admins accepted here and do their job just fine. But we've also been in trouble for some bad and immature judgement. Albeit on other servers, still not something I would want to see again if there's reason to see it coming.

Also, unlike what's been said so far, I'm not impressed with how you've been dealing with rulebreakers on the server. While informing people what is or isn't against the rules is fine, directly telling people not to do something isn't. Like I've said before on numerous applications now. You aren't an admin; you don't hold any power or authority over the server. In my experience, warning people like you hold power doesn't help at all and actually serves to be counterproductive by almost encouraging them.
Here's an IRL example. You're in a diner cramped full of hungry people with 2-3 waitresses and 2-3 cooks(admins). You notice another hungry person across the diner put their feet up on another chair across from them. Instead of letting the waitress or cooks take care of it, You decide to go up to this hungry person and tell them "Don't do that." Do you really think this person will listen to you? No, I sure as hell wouldn't. If they were with friends they'd probably joke about it too.
I don't know why or how this is so complicated to understand. I've been a nonadmin as long as I've been an admin and I've rarely had to ever go as far as reporting people here on the forums. Why? Because it's not difficult to get control of the server. At best just informing people about what is and isn't against the rules was always enough for me, and guess what? I usually got people to stop, it didn't have to get to a point where people needed to be punished.

I think these are the two major reasons I don't want to see you on the admin team. That being said, I will admit to seeing some big improvements from before. I think if you continue to work on what I said here we could see you on the team if you were still interested. -1 for now tho

I gotta back Bambi up on this, jailbreak is a mode where good judgement is almost a necessity to properly administrate it, having poor judgement can lead to frustrated players for obvious reasons.

I also must say I really dislike the darn warnings that not just you but basically everyone is doing they feel super robotic and automated, try doing something a bit more natural.

Otherwise I do appreciate seeing you actively participating on jailbreak matters outside the server and just engaging with the community.

I'm going to have to leave a -1 for now for the above mentioned reasons.

That's all the feedback we need time to put this under review!

Any questions or inactivity during under review please let me know. Good luck ::):

Reactions: TRGGB2
sadly going to decline this allthought you can apply again in a month if you wish to do so; 24.02.2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread