Declined US Jailbreak Adminapp (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nergal Nergalton

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
POSTED WITH PERMISSION FROM SEMICOLON BACKLASH

Username: Denzel Crocker

Steam32 ID: STEAM_0:0:92489102

Your age: 21

Current playtime on relevant server(s)
222 hours (9 days, 6 hours)

Link to your Sourcebans record: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:0:92489102&advType=steamid

Server to are applying for: US Jailbreak

General online times & time zone: I live in Pacific timezone (Canada), and am typically online from 4 or 5 PM PST to 9 or 10 PM PST, which tend to be my only available times (not all the time though, as I do get two-three, occasionally four or five, days off) due to work. Currently I have a few late shifts but I will try to put in some late-night TF2.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator: I was an admin for a different Jailbreak server (War3Evo) from 2017-early 2020, so I know what being an admin and using admin commands is like.

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?: I have a good understanding of the rules after 7-8 months of playing constantly on this server (with ups and downs, of course), combined with my previous experience as a Jailbreak admin and watching other admins take action, I think I can give out punishments and take action appropriately. I've seen a lot of rule-breaking over my playtime here that goes unpunished so I can think having another active admin would help with that. I have taken all previous points given from the responses on my last admin application and made every attempt to improve on them (which is why I chose to wait quite a bit to post another admin app)

BTW, this would be my punishment lineup (for mutes, gags, and teambans):
1st: 120 mins
2nd: 360 mins
3rd: 720 min
4th: 1440 mins
5th: 10080 mins
6th: Perma

@Semicolon Backslash @Bambi @Ian @TRG @Zee @iamhuman

Last edited by a moderator:
Well another jb applicant means more feedback lol. Heya Denzel and thank you for taking your time to apply.

Feedback [Current Vote 4/13/2022 - -1] :

Overall, I see you as more of a respected person on the server. You always show a more of a friendly vibe when meeting you in servers. Chatlogs shows exactly that and nothing out of the ordinary.

Sessions are good. I don't see the sessions possible leading you to possible burnouts which is good. Sometimes an applicant would go force themselves to be active which ain't a good sign as that just leads to what I said above. Play for fun as I always say.

Punishment times is good. I won't ask you to tell me how you would punish since once you become trial, you can feel free to use our punishment guidelines that we provide to you. Just a reminder when doing teambans, it is based on servertime so be careful when you teamban an individual like a day since they would have to grind a days worth of jb.

Timezones are ok. I wouldn't use this against you as we only have as of writing this app 6 admins current and we have 1 possible applicant Cridove or Racer. More help is always appreciated as I'm always focused on school stuff and mostly hanging out with my friends.

Your prior experience is epic. That means you probably know what you will be dealing and how you can handle situations from that to that.

With all of this, I'll have to stand Neutral now. Here's a couple of reasons why and I hope you can improve on.

I would like to see some reports from you. If you don't feel like reporting then at least attempt to make some calladmins. The last calladmin from you is a week ago and that's just only one as you can see from the image below. I want to see some reports or at the bare minimum some calladmins.

1649195509414.png

Secondly, I also like to see some warnings. Your chatlogs have little to no warnings. Make your warnings sound natural and not something like robotic and automated as well as they show a clear indicator that the person is breaking a rules and its punishable rather than sounding like a joke or a you problem as that would encourage the person to do it more. You already see this mentioned a lot of times when doing applications and its the first thing I would look for.

That's pretty much it. I would love to see you improve on these mistakes before I can official make my final decision.

Have a G'day Denzel

Last edited:
Hello Denzel Crocker,
I love to see people apply, and you are no exception, your online times are already covered, but that's fine. I see you on quite often you lack discerning character traits to make you stand out from others surrounding you, also your application lacks a lot of meat and just comes out as very flat, while informative, it just seems rushed and only meeting the bare minimum requirements, this is not inherently bad for you, but can make it harder for people like me to come to a decision. I can see your dedication through your long active playtime span, which is always good to see, you stayed even after your prior application was declined. Your Activity over 2-3 years on war3evo also suggests that you are likely to stay for a while., which is always helpful. I do not know much about war3evo, although you may know source mod, I don't know if its moderation experience was different from ours, and if it is helpful, relevant experience. Based on my search through your forum account there your presence as a moderator there was perceived in a neutral way., and you were not demoted for poor behaviors. That all being said you followed TRGGB's Advice to heart. All this positive stuff said, your session times aren't helpful to us based on what you said, you lack leadership, and I really dont see you as the fit to our spot that is open. I stand to give you a chance though.

I will remain
Neutral, but Negative if there is a tie, or a need for me to decide.

P.S: My response will likely not be developed further since I will be on an inactivity starting yesterday.

Reactions: Zee
Hey Denzel, nice to see you apply.
Just wanted to get straight to the point and say Ian makes a great point. You definitely have admin experience as I have seen it firsthand on war3evo. But I want to see a little bit more time of you in game, and being more attentive to what is going on in game. I've witnessed a few occurrences where you often miss what is going on in a round, and I fear that may impact how you moderate the servers.

I'm going to give -1 until I feel more comfortable in you're knowledge of rules, and awareness of the events happening in-game.

Reactions: Zee and ballsack
Hello Denzel, I'd like to keep this short.
I'll be honest you should've at-least looked at the old applications to at-least get an idea of at-least what to write on your application cuz i want to echo what Ian said on the lack of meat into your app, Even looking at Cridove's for example where more descriptions would help admins who are unfamiliar with you to form a better and informative opinion on you.

I've played with you a-lot on JB, You usually keep quiet which I find to be quite important with JB admins, Communication is key and recognition by the server to a certain extent is in my eyes a big plus, This is after all a heavily-social gamemode unlike say 2fort where communication is nigh-needed other than warnings, A good JB admin would be able to convey the rules clearly and have a presence when they're there, Which is honestly something you unfortunately lack, which isn't bad on its own.

overall I see this app as lackluster which segues into my vote, Ill have to say its gonna be a -1, I hope this is learning experience if you ever feel like applying again, Cheers,

I'll be honest I was a bit iffy on giving out permission but a couple other peeps wanted to see you at least given a chance to apply so here we are now.

You do seem rather oblivious with many things whether it be a wardens order or making a suggestion of a map that a quick walk around would show many faults with it. Being oblivious can lead to misjudgement and misjudgement leads to people getting falsely punished. While no one can see every freekill on the map seeing the major ones are important.

I do enjoy seeing the suggestions you make, even if they get shot down it's always nice to see people at least want to see the server improve.

Seeing you take trg's feedback and doing something with it is nice to see.

I don't have much else to add here so I'll just quote a few things others have said here that I agree with.

your session times aren't helpful to us based on what you said, you lack leadership
I'll be honest you should've at-least looked at the old applications to at-least get an idea of at-least what to write on your application
I can see your dedication through your long active playtime span
Overall, I see you as more of a respected person on the server. You always show a more of a friendly vibe when meeting you in servers.
Your prior experience is epic.
A good JB admin would be able to convey the rules clearly and have a presence when they're there, Which is honestly something you unfortunately lack,

Overall I'm going with a -1 I apologize if I got your hopes up by giving you permission only to end up -1'ing. I do think you can improve if you use this feedback given today like you have trg's but I would like to see these changes first.

Looked over what you guys have said and I know what I need to improve on. Thank you all for the constructive criticism, for I know now what I need to focus on improving.

• Friendly
Reactions: Zee
If I can make a confession, a prominent reason as to why I have been lacking in leadership is because I fear that people will get annoyed and have a negative perception of me If I constantly am reminding rule breakers of what they’re doing wrong; I am very conscious and perceptive of what people think of me, which causes me to default to playing it safe and as a result be unable to show my leadership skills for fear of people taking annoyance to it.

I realize that part of working to be an admin is to take risks and being a leader in enforcing the rules and paying attention, but I want to do so in a way that doesn’t alienate anyone and makes them think of me as a nuisance.

Part of taking all of the criticisms I have received, to me, is coming out of my shell, growing a backbone, and stepping up to the plate in order to become the leader an admin needs to be. And that is thus what I will be attempting to do in every way I can.

Hey Denzel, this is just updated feedback.

[Current vote has changed from Neutral to -1]

If I can make a confession, a prominent reason as to why I have been lacking in leadership is because I fear that people will get annoyed and have a negative perception of me If I constantly am reminding rule breakers of what they’re doing wrong; I am very conscious and perceptive of what people think of me, which causes me to default to playing it safe and as a result be unable to show my leadership skills for fear of people taking annoyance to it.
I realize that part of working to be an admin is to take risks and being a leader in enforcing the rules and paying attention, but I want to do so in a way that doesn’t alienate anyone and makes them think of me as a nuisance.
A good way to ask is "Is it really necessary to warn this guy" or "Should I punish this guy". Ask yourself this when making decisions. If you feel like you are doing something for minor things then it is best that you move on and have fun. Nobody likes admin who will warn for minor things so make sure you find a sweet spot of when to warn. We actually prefer lax admins over strict ones as strict admins lead to unnecessary conflicts and appeals. Seeing you, I think you can find that sweet spot already.

Nice that you also took my feedback and all the other teams feedback into consideration. You are starting to pummel out reports and warnings which is a good thing. My only complaint is that your warnings kinda doo-doo. I'll pull up a couple of warnings from your chatlogs.
1649878863288.png

1649878886817.png

1649878904722.png

These are ok but not in the right direction. You are telling them what they are doing is wrong but it sounds like more of a you issue. You need them to sound like that this is against server rules as you aren't admin yet. I'll provide you with examples below as inspiration.
Hey mate, Armory camping ain't allowed and against server rules.
Mind if ya don't use slurs as that is a punishable offense on this server.
Milking reds on non-rebelling reds can get you guardbanned for baiting.
These warnings honestly look way better and give an indication that what they are doing is a clear no-no.

If you take what the others said on your app then I think you are in good shape. The reason I -1'd you is that I want you to improve on these on your next app. I can tell by your dedication because you've been asking us for permission man xD. By the time I see your next app, I want you to be the Improved Denzel Crocker.

That is all. See ya around!
@Madact You can handle this.

• Friendly
Reactions: Spam Goose
With most of the jailbreak team giving their feedback and negative votes here (Bambi is away) it's safe to decline this application.

Looks like you have all ready taken in the feedback given. I hope you will take what is said and improve on what was mentioned before re-applying again. You can reapply on the 13th of May 2022. You will need to ask for permission again if US JB is still closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread