Declined Updating the Trade Server Map (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inspector Lag

Hi,

I am updating the newest version of our trade server's map (trade_minecraft_neon_v193) and I wanted to get an idea of what people think about some of the changes I will be making.

Potential changes (not including what's actually new on the map):
- Barrier to prevent projectiles from entering the actual spawn areas. This will not prevent spawncamping, but it is meant to keep stickies from being airblasted deep within spawn.
- Keeping the music ambiance (removed in the current version. The team and I have talked about this, and everyone seems to want it re added)
- Tweaking or removing the railings in spawn. Snipers routinely take advantage of the weird angles that the railings can create, making it harder than it should be to kill them while in the staircase.
- Additional no_build triggers in the underground parkour course. This prevents Engineers from setting up nests in the beginning area and the hallway after the crushing wall.

These are things that I have done or will be changing. If you have suggestions or thoughts about my changes, you're welcome to comment them below.

So after talking with the rest of the team, the only definite happening is re-adding the music as the entire team seems to want to re-add it (and are VERY firm about it). Aside from that, I've added a poll. Closes in 2 weeks from now.

I'm a little surprised that I'm seemingly not part of the trade team but I'll leave my feedback regardless.

- Barrier to prevent projectiles from entering the actual spawn areas. This will not prevent spawncamping, but it is meant to keep stickies from being airblasted deep within spawn.
Please only make them where the actual spawnarea begins, otherwise you'll end up with unkillable snipers and a TON of complaints.

- Tweaking or removing the railings in spawn. Snipers routinely take advantage of the weird angles that the railings can create, making it harder than it should be to kill them while in the staircase.
Please don't remove them, that'll look atrocious. The best solution I can think of is making them never solid func_detail and applying player clips. That way you can shoot snipers through them. On a downside projectiles will pass through as well which will look weird. But still much better than just having flat ground there.

- Additional no_build triggers in the underground parkour course. This prevents Engineers from setting up nests in the beginning area and the hallway after the crushing wall.
I don't quite see the point in this honestly, a nest there is not much more disrupting than one in the secret rooms.
And they're easier to take out as well. Although if the reason behind it is that you want to keep the course accessible for players to do then I support it. If it's just about imbalanced engineer spots I don't.

Reactions: vinny, Gold and TWC
Don't know if it's fixed yet, but you can build teleporters in the secret selection area. Could add a no_build there.

Reactions: ZeroPC and Zeprus
I've expressed some changes in regards of preventing bodyblocking so that rule can 'disappear', will make gameplay enjoyable for both players and admins with no pointing fingers on who is bodyblocking intentionally or not. Zeprus gave an excellent suggestion which I've forwarded to Inspector Lag and I've also given an idea. Depending which is better in map edit.

Once these changes happen, I'd like to test them out on the test server.

• Friendly
Reactions: ZeroPC
Bumping to see if anyone else has some feedback before this closes up.
Poll closes in ~2 days.

If you do want these changes, I do believe at least some of them are in the neonheight’s more updated version of the map.

Been informed there is something completed waiting for testing, I don't want this going straight onto the trade servers without proper checks.
So far the only thing I know of that's been added in the barrier just at where the chest is. I'm assuming the rest, such as nobuild of the ledges at the top, is also applied...But we'll see.

Pending Testing.

• Friendly
Reactions: ZeroPC
Forgot to add a task number for this.

Task #166: Test/Update the Trade Minecraft Map

• Old
Reactions: Racer911-1
just to come back to this - from what i can see there's an update of the map in general > trade_minecraft_neon_v195
wouldnt it make more sense to upgrade to that version instead of deploying the submitted one?

We'll need someone else to re-edit the new updated map by that map creator. If we changed to that new one, we won't have our building blocks and whatever else edits are added to stop a multi mess of rules appearing under trade.

Since we've started using stripper source, perhaps this can be easy for someone to work with the trade team to get the edits we need.

We're still on for the updated version posted here, as it's still an improved version of the old map ::):

i'm unsure what the outcome was as this map was previously on the server but people didnt like it?
i'll close the thread for now - incase i'm wrong please contact me so i'll overview it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread