Declined Updated/fixed version of dr_horrors (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiji

I updated dr_horrors with some fixes and QOL improvements.

- All traps can now be activated with +use
- BLU will now always be teleported to the minigame, no matter where they are on the map
- Fixed being able to escape the first trap
- Fixed an exploit at the bridge part
- Minor lighting fixes in some areas

Made a minor update, file has been updated.

• Dislike
Reactions: Skull and Jiji
You could escape it after it was triggered and I think that was an exploit
i dont feel like its an exploit it was actually kinda hard to do, I think it was actually intended as a means of escape

i dont feel like its an exploit it was actually kinda hard to do, I think it was actually intended as a means of escape
I've seen people get slayed for escaping the trap, so I guess it counts as an exploit here.

• Agree
Reactions: Mark!
its obvious that its supposed to be there

@_Black never slayed for that trap so maybe it was

@Nikola @Stabbin

Any ideas if it is slayable for the first trap?
I haven't slayed for it since it's a very old map and yeah creator could simply add an invisible wall above it to prevent escaping, people usually play it for the nostalgia.

@Nikola @Stabbin

Any ideas if it is slayable for the first trap?
I've never slain for it, it's been up for discussion a bunch of times, I like to think of it as a skill trap.

I'm all in for keeping the first trap as is, but if we can't come to a conclusion a fun compromise may be that a toggleable brush is added to block escaping which only activates at random at the start of the map. Meaning that going through and having the possibility to escape becomes more of a gamble. I don't know, just an random idea ?‍♂️

Okay, I'll wait for the final decision. I can keep the first trap as it is if players want that. Maybe make a poll?

Alright. I updated the map, first trap is escapable again. The map is pretty much ready to be put on the server at this point.

Reactions: moonsic and blood3y
Made a small and probably actually the last update, added some annotations at the end:

20211022134920_1.jpg

Reactions: Stabbin
updated the map, thanks for your work appreciate it.

@Kruphixx can you please check the map it seems broken.

eo7z.jpg

please make sure also for future updates to pre-test it as this just sucks having it on the prod server.

Updated the map, it should be fine now.
I actually did test the map multiple times on my private server and everything went fine, not sure how this could have happened exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread