Completed Update Admin Application Example (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tres

Put
Is your playtime on the server 3 days or more? (Required is 3 days of playtime overall on the server)
in the application example. This would probably be able to decrease a lot of future invalid applications, as this gets mostly overlooked. If this is part of the application posting process, it will be noticed more often.

The new application example:
- Your name and/or nickname

- Your age

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)

- Your general online times and your timezone

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

- Is your playtime on the server 3 days or more? (Required is 3 days of playtime overall on the server)

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

I don't really think is necessary to add it, if they can't read simple instructions then I don't think they should apply to begin with.

I have long held the opinion that permission from an admin could be used not only for age and the availability thread, but really for any of the requirements. Any requirement that isn't met could still have a suitable applicant attached to it. At the time when I wrote the template and example, not all of the requirements we have now were in place yet. Instead of asking an extra question, we could instead reform the permission question as a whole.

Your name and/or nickname

Your Steam32 ID

[this is NOT a profile link; look up your Steam32 ID before proceeding]

Checkbox of requirements

- Your age:

- Current playtime on relevant server(s):

[Found here: https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=search look up your name or ID and check your profile in the relevant gamemode]

- Recent punishments on record:

[Found here: https://bans.panda-community.com/]

If there is a requirement that you do not meet, you may still apply if you gain permission from an admin (usually a full admin active on your preferred server).

(If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply:

@Tolfx I agree, but the issue isn't about whether the applicant is suited or not. It's more to avoid frustration on our part having to spend time looking at insta-decline applications that would probably not have been posted to begin with if a small update is implemented.

edit: also holy hell did I ramble on a lot in that application thread. If you want I can rewrite it to make it shorter and look cleaner. If this suggestion is accepted then the example should be updated anyways, so might as well reform the language in the whole thing while we're at it.

• Agree
Reactions: Snake
@Tolfx I agree, but the issue isn't about whether the applicant is suited or not. It's more to avoid frustration on our part having to spend time looking at insta-decline applications that would probably not have been posted to begin with if a small update is implemented.
Then I think the thread should get updated and highlight important things instead, like making the text bold since it already explains everything in the thread and if you actually read it you can find it out, but if they don't read it and just copy paste or take it from someone else it just lacks the interest from them, therefor no need to accept them? And yes it rather frustrating, but I think is better to keep it as it is, since then we might find admins that actually read the requirements? Just my imo ofc :kappa:

Reactions: Ʀicky :3
The example given by Tres is too far down in the application, should be further up. If someone does pay attention to that, they'd be almost finished with their application only to realize they do not have the required playtime. That is if we're giving them the benefit that they'd even check themselves.

As for Evowarriors example, I'm way more onboard for that. Maybe I'm asking a little much from the applicant to also request an admin tag of the relevant server they're applying for ? Not particularly want to overwhelm, but most impressive applicants include the additional information needed in order to make the under review process better.

@EvoWarrior5 If you want we can work on a better version. I know you're not an admin anymore, but you've typed up a lot of the materials here for panda community. It would be great to work with you again on something like this as I'm not the best with grammar.

If not no worries. I'll work on this privately with the admin team only.

I'll close this up for pending. Thank you for the suggestion. I've wanted to improve some of the threads here but never really thought anybody cared. Glad there's still interest!

Task

#195 Update Admin Application​

Completed

Reactions: TRGGB2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread