Upcoming maintenance (1 Viewer)

Kevin

Owner
Staff member
Founder
Ohai together,

i just wanted to announce that somewhere between the 24-31 august there will be a maintenance for a couple of hours. (i will look forward to make it as late as possible to avoid interruption with players)

All servers 01-18 will be down for atleast 3-4 hours.

Reason behind that is that i will do some hardware upgrades on the machine itself to get abit more performance out of it.
I am going to exchange our current 2x 2TB Seagate Enterprise HDDs (RAID1) to 2x Samsung 850 PROs with either 256GB or 500GB (RAID 0/1).

i will make an seperate announcement tho when i am going to start with it.

cheers on

WILL WE NOTICE THE EXTRA JUICE OR IS IT ALL FOR YOU?

so upgrading le beast to the ultra beast? cool.

maybe yes, the hardware is OP but the hdds are the bottleneck of it.

So what it won't lag as much? We can join quicker? Whatever it is, neat. Nice one <3

"probably, yes"

To what one Kevin. WHAT ONE xD!

Remind me please: What was "RAID" again? Something 'bout data-saving when the power gets cut/one HDD dies if I remember correctly?

Am I able to download my hentai faster?! :D

probably not...

Reactions: CiroBishop
Remind me please: What was "RAID" again? Something 'bout data-saving when the power gets cut/one HDD dies if I remember correctly?
depending on what level you put it, yes.

RAID1 = basically 1:1 mirroring = more fault tolerance incase 1 drive failes the server will still run
RAID0 = basically it writes the data 1-2 on the first drive and 3-4 on the second drive = much faster (double the speed mostly) but no fault tolerance = if 1 drive dies the server doesnt work anymore

Reactions: mosteraz
Will this block my Vac-Proof aimbot? *lots of sarcasm*

Ordered this beauty now, we'll see when it arrives at the datacenter from alternate and then figuring out when the downtime will be. i will keep this thread updated about the status of it.

huje.png

Reactions: Da Random

Users who are viewing this thread