Completed Unwritten JB rules (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capp

Banned
These are rules wich had been active in the community, but were not written down. Admins had been enforcing them since, but people keep showing up wich didn't now its a thing (because of the lack of admins). Most of the people are fine with them, but it's time to write them down.

"The chat/voice chat cannot be restricted by the warden with orders (e. g. "Everyone who types something in the chat is KOS")."

"Crouching is by default not AFK-frozen unless the warden says so."

"When a prisoner recieves the LR, it's automaticly a freeday."

"Unwardening (Using /uw) is strictly forbidden and will be punished."

"When a minigame is activated, prisoners are allowed to start. (e. g. Deathrun)"

"Leaving the cells while/after Cellwars results in being KOS, unless the warden says otherwise."

Last edited:
Reactions: Ambi and Deep
  1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Hmmmm. The issue I have had with current freedays running around when someone gets a freeday is it takes to long. In other communities I like it when they kill the others and give THE LAST ONE ALIVE AND LISTENED TO ORDERS lr. If an admin is not online, this could go on for hours with nobody doing anything (If the players are that stubborn) which people leave over.
  4. Yes
  5. Yes

1. The reason why you put it over here is because of that one time the Warden forbid Lenny's in chat I assume...
I think the Warden can order Red to stay off mic or clear up what goes on in chat for the moment.
The Warden was annoyed by the Lenny spam at that moment since he couldn't read what the spesific Red player had to say.

It's unwritten in the Rules and I am actually glad that the Warden can order this in critical situations like the one what happend before.
this will make the server even run better without Admin being at the server 24/7.

But that being said, it's a double edged sword really.
People must be able to communicate in chat and point out certain things so forbidding chat for an entire round cannot be done.
Or forbid certain words or tricky kind of orders... but that is already covered up in the rule list since the Warden cannot trick the Red team.
Cheers Rules!

2. Odd, never really seen someone saying crouching is AFK since it means "Away From Keyboard"
Holding down the [Ctrl] button down is far from it, can't agree more on that one.

I always try to avoid shortcuts myself and use words like "standing still" or "frozen"
Not everybody is born a geek ey?

3. This one always been wacky, and changed a lot with every admin.
People Timebomb after LR, people just simply killed them which is forbidden in my books, or just delayd the round for hours.

I always give the winner a Death Request/Death Wish to end the round which is normally Roc Paper Snickers.
But the best solution would be a small line of code cutting the timer to 30 seconds if the LR is given.
I suggested it on some other servers too and it works fantastic. (would be lovely for Panda)

4. Always complained about it.
I always said and many people on the server quoted the very same thing over and over again.
Why is there a command on the server if you can't use it to begin with?

It's even worse than that, You can be punished for it and it feels horrible to do so since this is a thing apparently.
The !uw command has to go, even if that means the !w has to fly off since you don't want to know how many people break the rules with both of the commands. (it's a mess really)

5. Tricky, I must say.
It maybe works for your so called "deathrun" but there are games where you don't want people to progress right away and there is no such thing as a botton to be pressed to activate it such like many Obby courses.

I think this relies all on the Wardens orders, they need to be really spesific with their orders to make this work.
I don't think this needs to be a rule really.
If the Warden told you to start the Minigame go ahead, if the Warden tells you to wait, don't.

But this is the part why this is in the list I guess...
If the Warden tells you to go "inside a Minigame location" and you start it already this will end up getting you killed.
There doesn't have to be a rule for this since the Warden didn't tell that you couldn't start it, It fits the Jailbreak rules as it is now.
It happens sometimes when a Warden kill a player because he didn't say to do something but yet he ordered you to go to a certain place what involves this action.

I hope we can settle this down with some proper Administration and informing players on how to do this if they make mistakes.
---
This last thing actually reminds me of many Simon says games.
One of the reasons why I don't really enjoy people playing Simon says, and yes there are more reasons :p

Situation: (and oh this happend quite a lot of times actually for some odd reason with diffrent Warden's as wel!)

W - Simon Says turn around to the cells.
W - Look at the cells and crouch
W - *Shoots everybody who faces the cells even the ones not crouching*

So this is what I don't understand... I thoughd that you had to follow every order what Simon says and had to ignore what "notSimon" says, Simon after all told you to face the cells.
simon didn't tell you to stop looking at them?!

"When a minigame is activated, prisoners are allowed to start. (e. g. Deathrun)"

that one is necessary as some people abuse that to rank up some quick kills for their rank and capp knows very well who abuses that.

I'll give and example.

Warden says go into Deathrun and afk freeze, no further orders are then given and starts the minigame, which implies that the reds have to starts. (but some people as I said abuse this and kill the people that start)

1. That is what I got told, and what I enforced.

2. People typed +crouch inside the console so they crouch without having to hold the button the whole time. They still had their hands off the keyboard but were still crouching. And then the people on the server agreed that it's not AFK-frozen, but some people still allow it.

4. Well, it's still there.

5. Lemme recall a situation(not naming people):

One day a warden told the REDs to go inside the deathrun and AFK freeze. He closed the door, activated the deathrun and the REDs started. He then opened the door, and killed everyone, with the excuse "I never told you to start!". An Admin told him that when he activates the minigame, the REDs are allowed to start. The warden complained, a big discussion started on the server. It became louder and louder, until the warden got banned.

And this is where it comes from, and it has been like that since.

that one is necessary as some people abuse that to rank up some quick kills for their rank and capp knows very well who abuses that.

Why don't you punish/warn this person then.
He never told the Red team to wait inside the minigame.
Simply as that, follow the Warden's orders' you can't break the orders which he didn't order.

Why don't you punish/warn this person then.
He never told the Red team to wait inside the minigame.
Simply as that, follow the Warden's orders' you can't break the orders which he didn't order.

We did, Cammy even came in to explain it and he got pissy about it to the person. But the player in question would always try and do it. He probably still does it these days on JB

We did, Cammy even came in to explain it and he got pissy about it to the person. But the player in question would always try and do it. He probably still does it these days on JB

That is Cammy.

This is me now, If he won't learn from warnings he is getting banned.
Simple like that.

Everybody has to follow the same rules and people do get punished for not following them or ignores Admins warnings/players.
We are not going to write in new rules to satisfy this spesific person, especially since he is breaking the rules we have currently already.

LOL @Wolf have fun perming OPD then. He did that constantly and would always say "is it in the rules". I punished him once and he took it to the shoutbox because OPD.

Here's the saved chat. Saved because I thought it was hilarious.

Attachments

• OPD Rules Chat w Mosteraz and Evo.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 320
  • Winner
Reactions: Capp
LOL @Wolf have fun perming OPD then. He did that constantly and would always say "is it in the rules". I punished him once and he took it to the shoutbox because OPD.

Here's the saved chat. Saved because I thought it was hilarious.

Does anyone have a problem with OPD being perm-guardbanned at this point?
I know that OPD breaks the rules constandly when Admins are away from the servers.
I've seen him Freekilling multiple times, sadly I wasn't admin at that point yet.

And his unclear soft voice and no-repeat system is extremly flawed and most of his things cannot be tracked since he uses the microphone for that.
I've seen 3 games where he used Jeopardy for insulting players his "yo momma jokes" and kills the people for awnsering the correct awnsers.

It's no wonder that this person is on top of the score list with that playtimes, I think it's been enough.
Like Monstraz and Evo said, it's a suprice that nothing has been done yet.

--

I don't like Simon says for multiple reasons and think it almost fits the Shoot Don't Shoot kind of games at this point.

here is some of the reasons
-It's awful when a Warden does this game with a low quality microphone.
-Repeats are out of the question for this game which is a Jailbreak rule.
-People have diffrent idea's on how this game is played.
-Multiple people from the BLU team start shooting the wrong people because they misunderstand the whole game.
-Pointfarming 2.0

• Agree
Reactions: Flynt and TWC
Does anyone have a problem with OPD being perm-guardbanned at this point?
I know that OPD breaks the rules constandly when Admins are away from the servers.
I've seen him Freekilling multiple times, sadly I wasn't admin at that point yet.

And his unclear soft voice and no-repeat system is extremly flawed and most of his things cannot be tracked since he uses the microphone for that.
I've seen 3 games where he used Jeopardy for insulting players his "yo momma jokes" and kills the people for awnsering the correct awnsers.

It's no wonder that this person is on top of the score list with that playtimes, I think it's been enough.
Like Monstraz and Evo said, it's a suprice that nothing has been done yet.

--

I don't like Simon says for multiple reasons and think it almost fits the Shoot Don't Shoot kind of games at this point.

here is some of the reasons
-It's awful when a Warden does this game with a low quality microphone.
-Repeats are out of the question for this game which is a Jailbreak rule.
-People have diffrent idea's on how this game is played.
-Multiple people from the BLU team start shooting the wrong people because they misunderstand the whole game.
-Pointfarming 2.0

I never freekill (unless its an accident) and I always repeat when someone asks for it. If you have proof of me freekilling or something or if you could tell me what i'm doing wrong i'm glad to hear it. I've adapted to the new rules so that whole deathrun shit is done.

That is what you say here on the forums.
But when somone joins a game with you wihout any Admins online things turn to be different out of the sudden.

I don't like to start a arguement on here but I've seen you breaking the rules/freekilling multiple times and you are fully aware of the rules since you are a ex-admin to this community, kinda why this is just so painfully to watch.
You got by far the biggest !call-targets on your name and there is a good reason why this is.

• Disagree
Reactions: :OP: D
I've forgot one wich is in place too.

"Leaving the cells while/after Cellwars results in being KOS, unless the warden says otherwise."

You got by far the biggest !call-targets on your name and there is a good reason why this is.
It's just because they don't understand why they were killed and i don't feel like explaining it to them every time.

And I don't freekill. You probably just didn't understand what was going on or why i killed someone, if you just ask why i killed someone i'll explain it to you. And i always act the same, do the same orders and whatnot. Even when there is an admin online.

But when somone joins a game with you wihout any Admins online things turn to be different out of the sudden.
thats just straight up bs.

And if it's "what i just say on the forums", show everyone that it isn't how i act in the actual server with some proof please. Ask any other regular with a basic understanding of the rules and they will tell you that i don't freekill.

• Disagree
Reactions: Wolf and Flynt
I've forgot one wich is in place too.

Would be nice if the Warden could tell what would happen if the celldoors open.
But then again, a legit order is given and not all things can explain itself.
People need to learn what cellwars means on this gamemode and adding something in the rules in the lines of cellwars means that you have to fight inside your cell, this means not leaving the cell when the doors open unless told otherwise' could be nice to clear things up.

Guys, could you stay at the topic? We're talking about finally adding rules that are already in place, they just havent been written down for some reason. They should be added to clear things up.

Admins had been enforcing them since, but people keep showing up wich didn't now its a thing (because of the lack of admins).

bump, if there are no more complains/missing rules, please add them.
I wan't to get rid off this FAST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread