Unmute+unban request (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir KingCobra

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&advSearch=kingcobra&advType=name

Name of your Banned Steam Account: Sir KingCobra
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34171311
Date and Time of the Ban: 05-14-14 17:13
Reason about the Ban: Insult players
Admin that Banned you: EvoWarrior5

Hi, figured i'd finally make an unmute request. Apparently its been almost 1.5 years since I was muted+gagged. Honestly I don't really remember what it was about but I figure it must have been pretty bad since its a permanent one. Anyway considering when it was issued I can say I was pretty messed up back then and over the course of 2015 i've cleaned up my act to say so. Don't really know what else to say, hi mom.

There is no evidence that I can find on GameMe and so it's up to @EvoWarrior5 to explain a bit of backstory.

I am staying neutral on keeping you silenced/banned/whatnot, as this request is not in my hands.

It must have been heavy stuff you did, since you got permanently silenced on your second comm block.

• Agree
Reactions: Da Random
Oh, this guy. Yea I remember this pretty well.

A lot can already be gathered from the thread Chillix linked, though, so you may want to look at that.

From the thread I gather that he said some pretty racist comments, which I took very seriously at the time. I still do, of course, but at that time I made no proper distinction between "this seems serious" or "this could be a joke". I outlawed everything that could be racist, even just "my nigga" or that stuff. It's sure as hell not the case that I didn't warn people, though. Nevertheless, I changed my outlook later and started using my brain to distinguish between serious offenses and what comments were likely not meant seriously.

Anyways, on to the player. I played with Cobra a few times before I gave him the permanent silence. Every single time I played with him he was rude or disrespectful in some way. I recall giving him a few clear warnings, and one final warning where I told him if he'd pull anything again I would give him a perm. He had already had a week silence and he was still going so I wanted to be very strict. Not 10 minutes later he called a player a moron, and not even someone who actually was a moron, but a player who was trying to help me with my admin duties by pointing out offenses to me. So I issued a permanent silence because I had lost hope he would improve his behaviour. I was just done.

In terms of the insults that he actually said he could have done worse. As I said, I took it more seriously at the time than I would now. I would still take action against the very same things, but probably not as harshly; I would simply approach it with more care. But with things adding up, I felt like a perm was in place at the time.

It has been a long time and even if what he said was bad, a perm on the second punishment is very strict. I would have no issue with an unsilence. (Morally, of course. I don't really have to care what actually happens since I'm not really part of this place anymore. It's all up to you guys.)

• Agree
Reactions: Zushikikato Wolfeh
Kinda messed up the title, meant unmute and ungag. Regardless, its nice to see you changed as well Evo I know I pushed your boundaries but I still think there is a difference between a joke and an insult. Things have to remain fun though of course. Like I said its been over a year and from my experience people have been unbanned/unmuted/unwhatever'd for far worse.

Kinda messed up the title, meant unmute and ungag. Regardless, its nice to see you changed as well Evo I know I pushed your boundaries but I still think there is a difference between a joke and an insult. Things have to remain fun though of course. Like I said its been over a year and from my experience people have been unbanned/unmuted/unwhatever'd for far worse.

Yeah a 'joke' calling strangers and admins morons is such a nice joke :D
isn't it people like this that we want outof the community?
Harrasing the crap outof people and then when they get punished for it it is suddenly a 'joke'

This reminds me of the thread about the guy who thought sexually harrassing somebody was also just a joke

Yeah a 'joke' calling strangers and admins morons is such a nice joke :D
isn't it people like this that we want outof the community?
Harrasing the crap outof people and then when they get punished for it it is suddenly a 'joke'

This reminds me of the thread about the guy who thought sexually harrassing somebody was also just a joke
I don't think you're getting the point here. I explained that a year ago I was kind of a pissed off person. Hence a year has passed and things have changed.

I don't think you're getting the point here. I explained that a year ago I was kind of a pissed off person. Hence a year has passed and things have changed.

Well this can only end up in two ways. You actually changed. or the moment you get unbanned it starts over again.
I doubt that someone this pissy will change in just a year. But that is my opinion.

Well this can only end up in two ways. You actually changed. or the moment you get unbanned it starts over again.
I doubt that someone this pissy will change in just a year. But that is my opinion.
I'm not going to throw out my private life on the table here. What I can tell however is that a lot can change in a year.

I'm not going to throw out my private life on the table here. What I can tell however is that a lot can change in a year.

Now sure how this would effect your reaction in games. I trust Evo on what he did tbh.

Now sure how this would effect your reaction in games. I trust Evo on what he did tbh.
Then I assume you trust Evo on him "not having an issue with unsilencing me then". By now its not even about me advocating an unsilence anymore its just arguing for the sake of arguing. I'm going to stop responding until an admin steps in again because its getting rather off point. Beside, 2nd chances are a thing you know.

Well, if people don't change even after a year, then we gotta increase our ban lengths. I believe people change, if they have enough time, and a year is more than enough, in my opinion.
I agree with Evo's decision, considering he already had been gagged several times before, however it's a year we're talking about. It's rarely that people who actually care about this community, waits for so long. Either players appeal after a months orso, gets unmuted/ungagged, or their appeal gets declined.

Well, if people don't change even after a year, then we gotta increase our ban lengths. I believe people change, if they have enough time, and a year is more than enough, in my opinion.
I agree with Evo's decision, considering he already had been gagged several times before, however it's a year we're talking about. It's rarely that people who actually care about this community, waits for so long. Either players appeal after a months orso, gets unmuted/ungagged, or their appeal gets declined.

Outof my experience as an admin iv seen people who just try after so long just to get into the community and fucks things up again. Don't know about this guy. He does have quite some stuff againts him.

Wasnt he just gagged and muted one time before? That doesnt sound like several times to me.

Its been pretty much a month since I made this topic and no decision has been made. Halp?

I would have no issue with an unsilence.
It seems like the ex-admin that silenced you himself is okay with an unsilence at this point so I'm going to make the step and unsilence you. Enjoy your time on our servers.

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread