Completed Unironically remove Mimicer from FF2 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaz

It's such an overpowered boss, it has far too much health for each of the two lives it has, especially for the strength of it's rage and the fact it can disguise (and make sentries basically useless).
Players that are typically good at bosses for the most part win before even popping it's second life.
It is just so unfun to play against, people (jokingly) ask me to ban people that pick Mimicer (I obviously don't tho lol)

If you can't be bothered to delete him, at least use the more fair version.

For a quick recap, the Mimicer has the ability to teleport with a 40sec cooldown iirc, he can disguise as whoever he backstabs (making it difficult to fight him as engie), he can cloak for some reason, and his butterknife does ~300 damage.
His health is terrible, iirc it's like 1100hp for each player(?), which is terribly high for a double life boss.
His rage is also OP, he spooks nearby enemies, blinds people, and gains invulnerability, and he gets rage, rather often.
The only ""good"" thing for red is that he takes more knockback than typical bosses, making it a little easier to swat him away.

I know there's been previous threads on this issue, but for the most part everyone agrees that Mimicer is a dumb boss.

p.s.: also fix piss cakehole on tx ff2, he's just missing textures for everyone and you can't see when he's ubered when he rages.

Hello, as @Des explained, this is one of the unfair bosses we currently have on the list and that hasn't still been removed or nerfed. I'd like to mention that previous bosses like St.Heffe and Chuck Norris got removed in like 1 or 2 threads as everyone agreed to remove them so why didn't Mimicer received the same treatment, knowing that everyone agrees to remove him? I'd also like to tag the FF2 Staff and know what they think about him. If someone else wants to point out more stuff regarding Mimicer he's free to do so

@TekkitFappit
@Bab
@White Falcon
@UberCat
@Monster

@Kevin

Hey.

Mimicer has really always been that one annoying boss that you will almost always lose against. Just hearing the beginning sound of Mimicer makes you give up, since beating Mimicer is pretty hard, even if the player is not experienced. Cloak with long charge, 2 lives, uber+blind+stun on rage, with disguise on backstab is overpowered. It should be about time to get the good old Mimicer either nerfed or removed for good.

Honestly I would consider nerfing him, even with the more damge with fire bonus, his 2nd life overpowers the fact he suffers more fire damage overall. Mimicer is a decent idea for rewarding backstabs, but people use the blind+stun rage moreso the disguise.

Just letting you know that mimicer has already thread where this situation clearly was vote.

• Old
Reactions: Bab
Adding a real poll this time, it will be closed in 14 days.

Reactions: Bab
Idk how much my "voice" here counts. But as a long term ff2 player i would like to see mimicer nerfed and not removed.
Remove his 2nd live and he would be way more handleable... still more on the powerfull side, but that could be dealt with imo.

Hp Nerf that he has so much like Hotline Sniper as example (save thing to nerf). But than not this knockback or delete the black screen at his rage. So that we can see how the hale move when he rages.

Hey, I've been playing on ff2 tx recently. Mimicer is a very notoriously hated boss from regulars. Des already explained how its very overpowered, and I've seen players constantly make fun of others for playing the boss. I can definitely back up everyone's claims here against mimicer and support its removal.

Mimicer feels like some kid thought of a few cool boss ideas and decided to clump all of them into one thing, then thinking one weakness would compensate.

List of that BS That may of been taken from Des
Ability's - Can teleport with a 40 second cooldown, Can cloak
Knife - Deals around ~300 damage, Can disguise as whoever he backstabs (Preventing ANY and ALL types of knockback)
Rage - Spooks/Stuns nearby enemies, Blinds every player on the map, Gains invulnerability
Health - 2Lives, Gains noclip when life is lost.
Who thought that was a good idea?

Its a wonder why he has not been removed or nerfed into the ground since most people that I know on #13| FF2 Panda don't like him at all.
I would like to see him NERFED or BALANCED since removing bosses makes the server a bit less fun.

• Dumb
Reactions: Roar
Honestly,I always find frustrating playing against this boss,mainly for the 2 lives,for the invisibility,the abilityto disguise as a killed victim and also for the bleeding effect.

At this point,this boss it's just plain ridicolous.

Either we tune him down A LOT
or we can delete him completly.

Looks like Mimicer will get either nerfed or removed, thanks everyone for their time :) closing the thread.

• In Love
Reactions: smokeon
instead of removing mimicer i'd rather nerf it.
plx tell what is so OP and i'll nerf him.

My experience with mimicer is that he has 3 lives 90% of time he wins with still 3 lifes

My experience with mimicer is that he has 3 lives 90% of time he wins with still 3 lifes
Mimicer doesn't have three lives anymore since he was nerfed already.He now has two.

I would say the most annoying thing that comes to my mind is the bleeding effect he applies:it's the major cause of killing a enemy.Then,his ability to disguise upon backstab and maybe his uber upon rage? He gets a lot of rages and gets a uber during which he usually goes on a rampage.

Remove the ability to stun nearby enemies when using the rage and invincibility when using the rage. Both of them are the most annoying parts of the boss imo, but nerfing too much wont do no good either. Keeping the black screen is fine, as it kinda fits the boss.

Or do on at the time first and test it then, whichever is easier

Reactions: Bambi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread