Declined Ungag appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahir

Banned
SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=dahir&Submit=Search
Name of your Banned Steam Account: dahir
Steam ID 32: STEAM_0:0:171362519
Date and Time of the Ban: 2021-05-28 10:32:44 PM EST
Reason about the Ban: Toxicity. Got killed by a warden who insisted I was to be moving to a specific decal that I had invisible due to my config. I told him before and after dying that I couldn't see the decal he wanted me to go to, he called me out on being a "fucking dumbass" for not following his orders, which I then called him retarded for not even listening to what I was saying after a warning from an admin.
Admin that Banned you: Random Coffee Table
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute / teamban: I admit that I shouldn't have called him retarded and I wish to be given a second chance. I would accept a month gag for my actions, but a permanent one is too drastic for someone who can't communicate via voice chat.

I'll lead off with neither of you are really in the right here. He shouldn't have insulted you and you shouldn't have insulted him immediately afterwards. However, someone insulting you doesn't give you the right to insult them as well. It was because of this exchange that Kaz warned using admin chat with a "Do not insult/ be toxic towards other players" bind. Within 20-30 seconds of that being said, you went and called him a retard for the second time.

I will generally punish people if they continue an action against the rules right after receiving a warning as it shows a willfulness to continue breaking said rule despite a clear warning. I'm not even sure if the bind had fully disappeared from chat while you continued to insult him. Because of this and the fact that 4/6 of your gags have been due to either toxicity or racism, I think that the gag should stay. But I'll leave the final decision to @Semicolon Backslash, my mentor.

Reactions: TRGGB2
I think RCT sums it up nicely.

Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread