Declined Unbann appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeon

Donator
SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/in...einactive=false&searchText=STEAM_0:1:52495777
Name of your Banned Steam Account: ThePetri
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:52495777
Date and Time of the Ban: 2020-01-29 01:14:44
Reason about the Ban: Alts 2020, delaying
Admin that Banned you: Madact
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute: ive been banned for having 3 alts... which i dont, one of my "alts" is even a pretty well known member "unknown fish" (or what ever name he goes by theese days" the other two ive never met, one of which is "Crouch4♥" the other one is "Bogger Bandit" ive tried to msg all 3 of them to confirm my appeal here, that they are just 3 other ppl. fish accepted my sugguestion, the other two didnt replie yet. ill send them the link and hope they replie by the cause of getting their accounts unbanned aswell.
now for the "delay" part. i was playing soldier on castle siege and sliding on the roof. the duo bosses were daft punk, which both can teleport easely with right-click and croutching. both of the hales chose to not do that for the simple reason of delaying. as far as the rules go, red is allowed to camp if they are doing it for the damage (for example demo with a sticky trap) and blue is not. i was using the market gardener (as u can clearly see in the pic below) and waiting for one /or both bosses to teleport into me so i can dealmy damade, or they could have just telelported above me, by using the rightclick teleport, which would have killed me (by simply stabbing me or a goomba) so it only makes sence to punish the tho delaying hales and not me.
I also wanted to add, that i was able to join ff2 after my ban, but an admin didnt believe me, so i had to join the server to proof him that i indeed was able to. after i explained that to the mentioned admin, he contacted madcat for me and told him that. the admin then told me to not join anyways, which i still havent.

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    342 KB · Views: 222
I can say the account "2Unknown(fish)" is infact my account that somehow got banned for being Petris "alt" i actually got no idea how but well... And we did not even shared any related information to that account nor do we not know us eachother in real life...

It's rather odd how these accounts are linked and also the fact petri's ban is not working. I appreciate you going through the effort to clear this up though, including the staying off the server.
I may message Kevin about this later. Waxel let me know and told me he'd message him, so not sure where that went.
If something is amiss, I'll remove those 3 accounts bans.

As for the solider thing, I'd still class that as delaying / camping. You're not actively doing damage, you're waiting for hale to come to you. Which can be classed as camping and which of the new rules here;
(Taken from the rules thread)
You may not camp as red if you are:
  • Scout
  • Soldier
  • Pyro without the phlog
  • Demo without active stickies
  • Medic while not healing a camping class
  • Spy
Apparently these have been the 'unspoken rules' of FF2 that have been on suggestion for many months, but only officially active on the 16th of January.
You where reported to have lasted there for a good 10 minutes, but reading chat and events I'd say that's an overestimation but you where up there for a decent amount of time.

Petri also claimed admins where doing this, listed Monster and Waxel. I asked the team if they do, and they say they only do this for 'about 5 seconds' when they believe the hale is about to teleport. I don't know if they then repeat this process after a cooldown, but perhaps an FF2 admin can clarify.

Overall I'm on fence, would like a second opinion from an FF2 admin. One that isn't going to bash the heck outta me. I am out of my depth on FF2 rules, but if I came on and saw that I'd slap you off the roof telling you to stop. Which what similarly happened to an admin that warned you just after this screenshot. They warned you, you added them and told them it's what you guys do around here and that you may report the admin...for warning you.

• Old
Reactions: smokeon
ok first of, i wasnt there fpr 10 minutes, ur right thats a huge overestimation . it were like 5 mins max. then again i wasnt delaying because i was waiting for them to teleport to do the damage . and when the admin joined it was mapchange already. the admin only told me to stop camping on the enxt map, where i was demo with a sticky trap. and i only stated that, after he told me twice that i chould report him, that i wouldnt report him, unless he would had have banned me wrongly (which i obv didnt cuz he didint do anythng wrong.) he didnt knew the ff2 rules so i just explained them to him slightly (like as the demo sticky trap is allowed to camp n such)

• Bad Spelling
Reactions: Tolfx
here is the chat, to avoid any missunderstandings

Seems you cut out the top part of the conversation :kappa:

It's not about that though, it's now just about your delaying. I disagree with you, and you disagree with me. I've asked for an FF2 admin's opinion. I'll wait on that, either in private or here. If they think 'nah madact you're being silly' then fine, but bloody hell if that's allowed to stay up there for 5 minutes I'll sign myself up for some EZ damage

I'll lock this now before you post more screenshots. You've spammed me enough in PMs with what you think and believe. I generally don't like to do this, but I don't want this appeal to be 3 pages long. Just wait up for the opinion and we'll be set to continue.

Reactions: smokeon
1st point: Well the fact that you mentioned that you were doing it for 5 minutes is actually considered delaying/camping. Usually RED Soldier’s go up there if they predict that they’re being teleported to, and even so, they only are allowed for about 5-8 seconds. So it’s majorly predicting when or if the boss is teleporting to you. Basically saying, don’t stay up there for extended periods of time, and only use it sparingly, don’t continuously use that one spot as your gameplan.

2nd point: The fact you were waiting for the hales to teleport to you means you weren’t dealing any active damage on the hales. Both sides of RED and BLU are at fault for this, but they were aware of what would happen if they teleported to you. Given their options, looks like manual teleport would’ve been great,assuming they hadn’t used it already.

3rd point: You’ve been on our servers for quite a while so I expected that to you have actually read the rules especially mentioning doing your damage and not wasting time.

Overall I’m leaning toward a decline on this. Even if Monster and Waxel do it, they know better not to stay up there longer than the alloted time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread