Accepted Unban Request (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

guap

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:65613928&advType=steamid
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Thizz
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:65613928
Date and Time of the Ban:05-24-18 19:14
Reason about the Ban:
[SourceSleuth] Duplicate account
Admin that Banned you:Nim-os
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute: It's been a year since my ban, and it was over a furry being petty. I think after a year I can handle my dislike of furries a little better and not have it start problems on the server.

• Funny
Reactions: Cryptic and Waxel
Given I oversaw the latter of his bans, I'll weigh in my opinion. However, as Lighty mentioned, Geronimo should give his input as well.

To be honest, my memory of the time I banned him is hazy. I don't recall the exact context behind the ban, so I'll take Guap's word on this.
To me, the ban for duplicate accounts, while justified, doesn't hold as much weight as do the communication bans. Indeed it is a 'first-degree' offence, but I understand that some people may want to get back in on the fun after being away for a while. Of course, that doesn't excuse him from the name used to access the server (As shown by Source).
Guap was rather vulgar and racist with his use of chat (Be it text or microphone), so if this were a request for being uncommed, I would be against it.

However, so long as Guap still has his communication bans, I'm maybe alright with him being unbanned. That maybe rests on what Geronimo has to say on the subject.
In the case that Geronimo doesn't show up, I'm not directly opposed to him being unbanned (In other words, if it holds any value, you may unban him) but I'm not in favour of it either.

well the new server I go on lets me make jokes like that, and im black so I use that word in everyday life, my past aliases shouldn't be a factor in proving my ability to keep a word under control guy

• Funny
Reactions: Jim
Why hello there.

I'm alright with the unban, but I'm not so sure about getting ungagged or unmuted. As long as you promise to keep down the vulgar comments and racial slurs, I'm fine with the ungag. However, if you do say stuff like that, you will get permed again with no chance to appeal it. Then if you're a good boy, you can try to appeal the unmute after a month of being ungagged. I think that's fair, it has been almost a year.

I believe that what Geronimo presented was fair, so I'll make my opinion more clear (Just for the record).
I'm good with the unban, a decent amount of time has passed after all. Additionally, since Geronimo is alright with the ungag, then I suppose I should be as well.
Cheers

Reactions: Geronimo
Since neither Nim or I have the ability to remove the gag or ban, we have to wait for someone of higher authority to remove them. Perhaps.... @Lighty??

Again, both Nim and I have agreed to unban and ungag this user. Can a full admin please handle this and remove the punishments? Thanks.

Well that nobody do something ill do it tomorrow when im home and unban and ungag you. So happy new year and tomorrow at afternoon its done.

Reactions: Geronimo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread